Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: TWITTA TRACKKKAAAA Jeff Goodman throwing bombs  (Read 15559 times)

The Lens

• All American
Re: TWITTA TRACKKKAAAA Jeff Goodman throwing bombs
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2013, 02:37:01 PM »
If you're Baylor it's really hard. Indiana, not so much.

Exactly!  Somebody DIED at Baylor.  DIED! At IU the coaches misused SMS while kids smoked weed and accumulated 19 F's.  TC decided he'd rather recruit new kids than work with the delinquents who were left behind.  He runs everyone out, they win 6 games in Year 1 and because they are Indiana...get back to the top of the Big Ten in year 5.  It's almost like every 5 year cycle with Miami Football.   

Same deal would happen at Kansas or UNC. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2013, 02:45:35 PM »
WHY ISN'T CHICOS ON AN INDIANA BOARD?

I am on an Indiana board. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2013, 02:47:43 PM »

Might want to back off the "not enough talent" argument.

Having said that, lots of other teams have talent too and Indiana's chance of winning the whole thing is still only about 20%.

I agree, about 20%.  I believe I said not enough talent at key positions...that's an important qualifier you dropped from my statement. 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2013, 02:51:55 PM »
Keefe, with all due respect, you are the only person that has said this.  There has been no rumors that they were invited from anywhere else.  Some "reaching out" of some sort early on - but that's about it.  I think you can see why we are skeptical.

From what I am hearing the final chapter on Big East membership has yet to be written. I am told GU had reps in NYC last week and this for discussions about the Big East. I don't know anything about agenda but they did meet with the C7 and Fox Sports. My source is a GU letterman who has done well in tech and has supported GU generously. He is a protégé of the man leading GU's investigation on the Big East as well as other possibilities. He commented that even the student paper is aware of behind the scenes activities concerning realignment and has reported on this (I have not read the articles.)

Fact is none of us has any first hand information other than what is promulgated in official press releases. I am told second hand GU was asked by the C7 to join. GU formed a committee to look at realignment in total with an emphasis on joining the C7. I am told second hand Mark Few wants to join the Big East and is pushing for it still. As I said, GU had people in NYC for the past two weeks for meetings with C7 and Fox.

As for skepticism, virtually everything posted on fan boards such as this is rumor, speculation, wishful thinking, and opinion. I added a piece of information that I felt was relevant but certainly caveated. I am not a fan of Gonzaga but I think their joining the new conference would be a plus for the league and Marquette. I hope they are included for that reason.

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2013, 02:58:53 PM »
+ 1. This is what Chicos does consistently with his "facts", twisting them in order to create false impressions. The real "true fact" statement here is Hulls was a solid consensus 4 star who had an outlier 3 star ranking in one service. It's like calling the 20th ranked team in the AP poll "unranked" because a voter or two left them off the ballot - deceptive but typical.

Rivals and Scouts Inc didn't even have him top 100.  Bob Gibbons had him 86th and Prep Stars 88th.  Consensus...indeed.  Those are FACTS.

You are free to use yours.  He was not a consensus 4 star player.  He didn't even make RSCI the first two versions and only made the final version at #74.  The stellar players around him...Erik Williams of Marquette 67th, Lakeem Jackson of South Carolina, Dalton Pepper of WVU, etc, etc.  Most of the guys around him flamed out.  I guess either Hulls was better than all the experts thought, or maybe he was coached up, or maybe both...I don't know.  

He had two offers...period.  IU and Purdue.  Kelvin Sampson said he would make a nice NAIA player....literally that was his quote.

I guess he was coached up.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2013, 03:05:49 PM »
Better question .. why don't you guys click the button?

I did for lent.   Much happier and helping me with one of my other resolutions.........to stop swearing.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2013, 03:05:58 PM »
I agree, about 20%.  I believe I said not enough talent at key positions...that's an important qualifier you dropped from my statement. 

The only position for Indiana that isn't top 100 talent is the SF spot. Their PG, SG, and C are all top 50. So no, I don't that that qualifier is important.

I know a team that has enough talent at key positions. They're called NOBODY and they play in the FANTASYLAND league.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2013, 03:09:14 PM »
Exactly!  Somebody DIED at Baylor.  DIED! At IU the coaches misused SMS while kids smoked weed and accumulated 19 F's.  TC decided he'd rather recruit new kids than work with the delinquents who were left behind.  He runs everyone out, they win 6 games in Year 1 and because they are Indiana...get back to the top of the Big Ten in year 5.  It's almost like every 5 year cycle with Miami Football.   

Excellent point. Not only did someone die but the coach Dave Bliss was actively encouraging players to help cover it up! Comparing the Indiana project to Baylor is laughable in many ways.

Death on call

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2013, 03:22:41 PM »
Rivals and Scouts Inc didn't even have him top 100.  Bob Gibbons had him 86th and Prep Stars 88th.  Consensus...indeed.  Those are FACTS.

You are free to use yours.  He was not a consensus 4 star player.  He didn't even make RSCI the first two versions and only made the final version at #74.  The stellar players around him...Erik Williams of Marquette 67th, Lakeem Jackson of South Carolina, Dalton Pepper of WVU, etc, etc.  Most of the guys around him flamed out.  I guess either Hulls was better than all the experts thought, or maybe he was coached up, or maybe both...I don't know.  

He had two offers...period.  IU and Purdue.  Kelvin Sampson said he would make a nice NAIA player....literally that was his quote.

I guess he was coached up.

Except I'm not using "mine", I'm using "the" (consensus, that is).

The only "version" of the RSCI that counts IS the final one. That is his CONSENSUS rating by DEFINITION (the r for ratings, s for service, c for CONSENSUS and i for index). So. CONSENSUS... 4 star, indeed. That's what he was. Saying he wasn't is a lie.

Erik Williams, Lakeem Jackson, Dalton Pepper and all the other red herrings you want to bring up are meaningless to the discussion. So is what you claim Sampson said about him, though for me to believe he actually said that I'd like you to cite the publication that quoted him - otherwise I'll chalk it up to more Hoosier folklore.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:40:37 PM by Lennys Tap »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2013, 03:32:30 PM »

don't forget the tossed plant.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2013, 03:33:09 PM »
I am on an Indiana board. 

Jesus Wept, when do you work?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2013, 03:34:38 PM »
don't forget the tossed plant.

Not only tossed but tossed in the presence of the lovely Joanie. A coach's wife! The ultimate outrage!

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2013, 03:35:37 PM »

After he's done defending Tanned Tommy on the KU Board!

Death on call

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2013, 03:38:57 PM »
Not only tossed but tossed in the presence of the lovely Joanie. A coach's wife! The ultimate outrage!

In the plant throwers defense, he claims he thought Joani was a Jim.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2013, 03:58:16 PM »
From what I am hearing the final chapter on Big East membership has yet to be written. I am told GU had reps in NYC last week and this for discussions about the Big East. I don't know anything about agenda but they did meet with the C7 and Fox Sports. My source is a GU letterman who has done well in tech and has supported GU generously. He is a protégé of the man leading GU's investigation on the Big East as well as other possibilities. He commented that even the student paper is aware of behind the scenes activities concerning realignment and has reported on this (I have not read the articles.)

Fact is none of us has any first hand information other than what is promulgated in official press releases. I am told second hand GU was asked by the C7 to join. GU formed a committee to look at realignment in total with an emphasis on joining the C7. I am told second hand Mark Few wants to join the Big East and is pushing for it still. As I said, GU had people in NYC for the past two weeks for meetings with C7 and Fox.

As for skepticism, virtually everything posted on fan boards such as this is rumor, speculation, wishful thinking, and opinion. I added a piece of information that I felt was relevant but certainly caveated. I am not a fan of Gonzaga but I think their joining the new conference would be a plus for the league and Marquette. I hope they are included for that reason.

OK, I appreciate this response.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2013, 04:05:32 PM »
In the plant throwers defense, he claims he thought Joani was a Jim.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2013, 04:09:32 PM »

OK, I appreciate this response.

One other thing, my bud is a contemporary of Stockton's from GU; they fly fish together in the Sawtooths when time permits. I didn't realize it but Stockton is very involved with the Zags and has been a part of the C7 discussions.

Death on call

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2013, 04:18:00 PM »
One other thing, my bud is a contemporary of Stockton's from GU; they fly fish together in the Sawtooths when time permits. I didn't realize it but Stockton is very involved with the Zags and has been a part of the C7 discussions.
Is he still married to that corpse, Lesley Visser?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2013, 04:27:09 PM »

Stockton was married to Lesley Visser?  When did he go blind?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2013, 04:27:40 PM »

John Stockton is married to a gal he met a GU. They have been together forever and have 6 or 7 kids. He has too much class to hook up with Lesley Visser whose contribution to journalism was pioneering the inane sideline question.

My favorite response to one of those was by Lloyd Carr. Michigan was up but struggling against someone at the Big House. The sideline reporter intercepted Carr and asked him the typical stupid question. Without blinking, Carr told her, "That's a stupid unnatural carnal knowledgeing question" and headed to the locker room. I always liked Carr. He was a winner and didn't tolerate BS.

Death on call

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2013, 04:31:33 PM »

You're thinking of Dick Stockton, the broadcaster.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2013, 04:51:13 PM »
You're thinking of Dick Stockton, the broadcaster.
I was kidding. I knew he was talking about John Stockton

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2013, 05:10:18 PM »
The only position for Indiana that isn't top 100 talent is the SF spot. Their PG, SG, and C are all top 50. So no, I don't that that qualifier is important.

I know a team that has enough talent at key positions. They're called NOBODY and they play in the FANTASYLAND league.

With all due respect, that just isn't true.

Duke's players

Plumlee  ranked 18th
Kelly  14th
Cook  31st
Sulaimon 12th
Jefferson 21st
Hairston 32nd
Murphy 49th
Marshall Plumlee 61st

That isn't fantasyland, that's reality.  I can do the same exercise for North Carolina, etc, etc.  There are more talented teams out there by a mile.  IU has 3 top 50 players...Duke has 7, plus another just outside it at 61. That's more than double the amount IU has. I keep hearing about all this IU talent, there is some but it's not close to the talent of the other big time schools right now. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2013, 05:12:54 PM »

Every day, all the time, but in spurts.  Weekends, nights, when it has to get done.  I don't have a 9 to 5 job hours like most, it's that simple.  I'm also good at multitasking. 

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2013, 05:21:28 PM »

With all due respect, that just isn't true.

Duke's players

Plumlee  ranked 18th
Kelly  14th
Cook  31st
Sulaimon 12th
Jefferson 21st
Hairston 32nd
Murphy 49th
Marshall Plumlee 61st

That isn't fantasyland, that's reality.  I can do the same exercise for North Carolina, etc, etc.  There are more talented teams out there by a mile.  IU has 3 top 50 players...Duke has 7, plus another just outside it at 61. That's more than double the amount IU has. I keep hearing about all this IU talent, there is some but it's not close to the talent of the other big time schools right now. 

With all due respect, follow the man's argument.  He was talking value add, not recruiting rankings.