'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [MattVelazquezSays]Marquette seniors react to final game of their careers  (Read 3131 times)

MattVelazquezSays

Marquette seniors react to final game of their careers

<br /><br />New York &amp;mdash; With just under two minutes left on the clock and Villanova leading by 30-plus on the way to an 84-49 final score, Marquette senior Juan Anderson sat down in front of the scorer's table.<br />
Source: Marquette seniors react to final game of their careers

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Sad to see this group go.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Sad to see this group go.

I am too. People here were very hard on these guys but personally I think they were credits to my alma mater. These three young men exemplified the best in what the Marquette experience is supposed to be. God bless them.

PS. I expect to read someday that Derrick Wilson will be a leader in his chosen field of endeavor. He has the makings of a C-Level executive.

Death on call

dgies9156

• All American
Thanks guys! I enjoyed watching you and I relished the fact that even when things were not what we wanted them to be, you never stopped trying.

Never, ever, never. You hustled and played with gusto.

Years from now, I hope you'll look back and realize that the success that Coach Wojo will have began with you guys!

Markusquette

• All American
Bittersweet reading things like this.  It's hard to lose any player- especially the ones that carried themselves so well and represented the university with class and exemplified hard-work and dedication.  Derrick and Juan really grew into great leaders and solid players over their career at MU.  Despite the losing year, they got to enjoy a lot of success throughout their time.  It's just too bad the last two years weren't in the NCAA tournament.

Without Matt this year would have been even worse.  Wish nothing but the best for this trio.  But bright things are ahead for MU.  Always need to enjoy the present regardless of what's going on.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 08:15:43 PM by Ellenson_toMU14 »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Derrick, Juan and Matt are all high character kids, and I will miss seeing them in Marquette uniforms.  It has been a difficult time for MU hoops, but these guys left it all on the court every night.  Respect.

wadesworld

• All American
I am too. People here were very hard on these guys but personally I think they were credits to my alma mater. These three young men exemplified the best in what the Marquette experience is supposed to be. God bless them.

PS. I expect to read someday that Derrick Wilson will be a leader in his chosen field of endeavor. He has the makings of a C-Level executive.

+1.  Well put.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
We thank you for your service to our beloved program, and wish you luck for your futures. Don't be a stranger.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Daniel

• All American
Thank you seniors!  First class all the way!

feedback