'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: An ode to Guru  (Read 6035 times)

LoudMouth

• All American
An ode to Guru
« on: March 08, 2018, 08:34:29 PM »
I have to say, that was a really ugly loss and a lot of people are angry. The board quickly turned against one another and stupid arguments came from that. I think we all came to the conclusion that it was a tough loss but losses happen.
I think we have to thank guru for offering up such moronic comments to bring us all together and have something to agree on. Mr Muguru, you are an embarrassment to Marquette fans

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: An ode to Guru
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 08:35:35 PM »
+100
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 08:36:09 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 12:00:43 PM by Shark »

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 08:36:57 PM »
Makes me wish that poster from other beast boards don't venture over here. We're not all like this

muguru

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 08:41:42 PM »
I have to say, that was a really ugly loss and a lot of people are angry. The board quickly turned against one another and stupid arguments came from that. I think we all came to the conclusion that it was a tough loss but losses happen.
I think we have to thank guru for offering up such moronic comments to bring us all together and have something to agree on. Mr Muguru, you are an embarrassment to Marquette fans

Thanks man! I just don't happen to accept mediocrity NO MATTER the circumstances. Some(most all of you here do), that's your prerogative, but it's just not how I am. Different strokes, for different folks.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 08:45:11 PM »
Way to take the high road...

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 08:53:52 PM »
Thanks man! I just don't happen to accept mediocrity NO MATTER the circumstances. Some(most all of you here do), that's your prerogative, but it's just not how I am. Different strokes, for different folks.
There are things you can control that are in your direct sphere of influence (i.e. job performance, relationship with spouse, your golf game, things you type on Scoop, etc.), things you can't control but can be prepared to handle as well as possible (i.e. the financial markets, the weather, your kids becoming teens, parents aging, etc.), and things you have zero influence over and whose outcome doesn't impact you (i.e. sports teams - unless you are a betting man). 

you've confused 'acceptance of mediocrity' with a rational realization of what actually impacts our lives.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 08:57:22 PM »
There are things you can control that are in your direct sphere of influence (i.e. job performance, relationship with spouse, your golf game, things you type on Scoop, etc.), things you can't control but can be prepared to handle as well as possible (i.e. the financial markets, the weather, your kids becoming teens, parents aging, etc.), and things you have zero influence over and whose outcome doesn't impact you (i.e. sports teams - unless you are a betting man). 

you've confused 'acceptance of mediocrity' with a rational realization of what actually impacts our lives.

Excellent.

wojoswarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 09:00:47 PM »
You clearly identified Guru's problem!

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 09:01:40 PM »
Went and made myself dinner at a bout the 5 minute mark, was that bafoon still screaming for the zone defense or to “get the hell out of it!!”
😂😂😂

Marquettes defense suck no matter the formation
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 09:04:40 PM »
Makes me wish that poster from other beast boards don't venture over here. We're not all like this

Opposing fans will have fodder regardless of their view of MU. They can say we are unrealistic and think we should win every game, they can say we have low expectations because we talk more about next year than this year, they can say we're arrogant a$$holes that just yell at each other and can't get along... At the end of the day, though, no one else really cares about what we say here and we shouldn't care about the ones who do. I think you might be putting a little too much stock into a simple message board. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 09:06:56 PM »
Guru

Sad part for me, I would have accepted mediocrity this season. Aside from entertaining in terms of scoring points, I think this team does not reach the mediocrity bar.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2018, 09:09:11 PM »

Much of what we think we control is more random than you might think.

But you are right. Marquette is a mediocre basketball team and that won't change due to our acceptance or lack thereof. Our options are a) hope it gets better or b) stop caring about it.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2018, 09:09:17 PM »

Different things affect people differently, everyone's lives are different. I don't think ANY of us are in a position, or should be telling anyone what type of an impact anything should make on someone else's life, especially when we know nothing about said person, wouldn't you agree?? I think that's reasonable

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2018, 09:10:04 PM »
Guru

Sad part for me, I would have accepted mediocrity this season. Aside from entertaining in terms of scoring points, I think this team does not reach the mediocrity bar.
Interesting.  Ranked ~50th and .500 in a tough conference.  Where do you place the bar for mediocrity?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

wojoswarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2018, 09:11:33 PM »
Sorry, but a mediocre team does not win
9 games in the Big East!

muguru

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2018, 09:11:43 PM »
Guru

One thing that gets me, is no one will EVER see me rip the players or their effort...when so many do, and think that's okay(that's not okay to me)...no one calls them out on it, but my god if we rip Wojo...that's completely unacceptable! Makes no sense.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 09:13:09 PM »
Guru

??? What?

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 09:16:21 PM »
Guru

It was a mediocre season, and I am not happy about it.  But there have been some bright spots.

I firmly believe that after Buzz left the coaching job became a complete program rebuild.  In that situation, I believe 5 years is warranted. 

If my expectations are not met next year, I will agree with you both, and call for a coaching change.  But I want to see next year's team.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2018, 09:16:31 PM »
Opposing fans will have fodder regardless of their view of MU. They can say we are unrealistic and think we should win every game, they can say we have low expectations because we talk more about next year than this year, they can say we're arrogant a$$holes that just yell at each other and can't get along... At the end of the day, though, no one else really cares about what we say here and we shouldn't care about the ones who do. I think you might be putting a little too much stock into a simple message board.
You have a fair point that it doesn't really matter what other fan bases think of us, id just prefer not to get the rep that current CU, former WVU, or former SU fans have, they sucked, no matter how  you view it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2018, 09:17:19 PM »

That kind of confusion (and the resulting tantrums) is relatively common in young people. But guru keeps bragging about how old he is. Odd.

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2018, 09:17:48 PM »
Different things affect people differently, everyone's lives are different. I don't think ANY of us are in a position, or should be telling anyone what type of an impact anything should make on someone else's life, especially when we know nothing about said person, wouldn't you agree?? I think that's reasonable
That is reasonable. What that does tell me though is nothing is to seriously wrong in your life (which is awesome!) to realize what should impact your life i.e family, health, financials

Goose

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2018, 09:20:24 PM »
Warriorfred

Missing NCAA is not a mediocre season to this fan, hence my saying the mediocrity bar was not met. What would you consider a bad season?

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2018, 09:21:50 PM »
Go look at the preseason expectations thread on Scoop. Go look at presseason polls. Then look at the actual results and then tell me that we underachieved. Same record as last year and better RPI after losing e starters and 5 contributors from last year's team.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2018, 09:24:04 PM »
That is reasonable. What that does tell me though is nothing is to seriously wrong in your life (which is awesome!) to realize what should impact your life i.e family, health, financials

Ding! ding! Ding! You are very astute Loud mouth...I live a drama, stress free life(on purpose), that allows me to be incredibly passionate and engaged in something I love...MU basketball. I guess i don't see what's wrong with that??