[May 19, 2024, 06:23:47 PM]

[Cracked Sidewalks] Schedule Talk with Mike Broeker by Shooter McGavin
[May 19, 2024, 01:06:18 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by warriorchick
[May 18, 2024, 07:14:15 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by WhiteTrash
[May 18, 2024, 01:04:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] A call for James to step up  (Read 1604 times)

ToddRosiakSays

[Rosiak's Blog] A call for James to step up
« on: January 26, 2008, 12:00:05 AM »
A call for James to step up

Opposing players and coaches don't have much sympathy for injuries, and either do the folks that handle the positioning in the NCAA war room.
Bad wrist or not, Gary Parrish of CBS Sportsline writes that it is time for Dominic James to find that extra gear.
"Marquette's Dominic James is still hampered by an injured right wrist, if you're wondering why he has been playing poorly. He has an excuse. But the NCAA Tournament selection committee won't care too much, nor will All-American voters. So James has to get better fast, because he has missed 10-of-15 shots the past two games and finished with a total of just 12 points and four assists in a pair of losses to Louisville and Connecticut. Next up for Marquette is Saturday's game against DePaul. For Tom Crean's sake, let's hope James' wrist is nice and flexible. Otherwise, his 21st-ranked Golden Eagles could drop their third consecutive game."
My e-mail indicated a slight panic pulse from die-hard Marquette fans this week...I wouldn't fret too much..yet.
Despite his wrist issues, James' assist-to-turnover ratio is better than 2-to-1. As long as Marquette's point guard can contol the pace of the game, Marquette should be able to protect home court against the rival Blue Demons.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/muhoops/archive/2008/01/25/a-call-for-james-to-step-up.aspx

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: [Rosiak's Blog] A call for James to step up
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 08:32:34 AM »
I tend to agree with both Parrish and Rosiak. I think DJ does need to elevetae his game to another level, not just tonight, but for the remainder of the year. However, I would say the same for Jerel McNeal. If MU is going to go where I presume they want to go, it will be because these two are playing like All BE players.

I also agree it is not panic time. They haven't been playing well, and lost a couple road games. I remain under the assumption they will turn it around.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 09:55:46 AM »
What's lost in all this is that James injured his wrist in the Seton Hall game. He played fine against Notre Dame...more than fine, in fact. He didn't re-injure himself against Louisvillve until well after his poor performance was established. This isn't a wrist issue.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 10:37:21 AM »
What's lost in all this is that James injured his wrist in the Seton Hall game. He played fine against Notre Dame...more than fine, in fact. He didn't re-injure himself against Louisvillve until well after his poor performance was established. This isn't a wrist issue.

I agree that james did play well against ND, but his shooting numbers in that game weren't great (6-15), so the wrist may have been bothering him then, but he was able to play around/through it.

I'm not trying to make an excuse (DJ has been playing poorly), but to claim that the wrist isn't the issue probably isn't accurate.

I don't know the exact condition of his wrist, but I'm sure it can have some effect on hi play.

Hopefully it's healing and he can play through it/around it.

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »
it has to be panic time...3 conference losses in 6 games. The turnaround MUST start tonite
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 11:25:15 AM »
it has to be panic time...3 conference losses in 6 games. The turnaround MUST start tonite

No.......it's panic if MU loses tonight -- a home game on top of what would be three in a row.

Losing road games in the Big East is no reason to lose your mind, especially when MU plays three of the next four at home.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 01:09:09 PM »
I actually don't have any complaints to the way Dom has been playing injury or not.  There are other players that need to step it up way more than Dom.  McNeal has turned into a TO sieve once again, Burke/Barro have been completely non-existent, Matthews really needs to step it up and Fitz and or Cube need to regain the form they have lost and/or become more assertive.  We all know what happens when Dom feels like he needs to carry the entire team, i.e. all of last year.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 01:28:13 PM »
Tonight - tonight we exorcise the demons - all of them - ours, and the Blue ones.

Let's GO MARQUETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

feedback