[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: cube was doing the worm on espn  (Read 7332 times)

mviale

• All American
cube was doing the worm on espn
« on: February 15, 2008, 10:03:20 PM »
outstanding
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

MarquetteDano

• All American
Re: cube was doing the worm on espn
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 11:21:52 PM »
Actually, I find Cubillan's antics to be irritating.  He is a decent player... a good three point shooter and a decent on-ball defender.  However, his antics are over the top.  He has a lot of energy... and I like to think it just flows out of him.  Nevertheless, he is going to get his *#@ kicked very soon with those antics in the Big East.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 11:35:46 PM »
Actually, I find Cubillan's antics to be irritating.  He is a decent player... a good three point shooter and a decent on-ball defender.  However, his antics are over the top.  He has a lot of energy... and I like to think it just flows out of him.  Nevertheless, he is going to get his *#@ kicked very soon with those antics in the Big East.

I'm surprised he hasn't been t'd up for some of them.  I love his energy, but he should tone it down a bit...act like he's made them before.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 12:00:19 AM »
he should tone it down a bit...act like he's made them before.

hahahah. that terrible time warner ad cracks me up every time. its amazing, give some packer a buck and he'll stand outside the stadium nodding his head

MUfan2

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 08:38:10 AM »

I'm surprised he hasn't been t'd up for some of them.  I love his energy, but he should tone it down a bit...act like he's made them before.

I love it.  Don't get me wrong, if I were on the other team and he did that, he'd be getting an elbow to the face from me next time down the floor, but I simply love it.  He looked so ridiculous that it was comical.  On the ESPN highlights (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=280460269) he looks like a Venezuelan version of a Glo-worm.  Classic.
"If you are making your decision based on climate, you're probably not tough enough to play here." - Buzz Williams

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 08:49:35 AM »
agreed.  tone it down.
makes for fine tv, but doesn't fit the persona of this team at all, imo.

one time last night while doing it on the south end, he nearly got caught on D with a Pitt guy starting to whiz by him.
if he gets stuck like that resulting in a hoop by the opposition, then TC ought to bring out the hook.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 08:55:38 AM »
Frankly, I hate it. He played great, but he looks like a goof doing stuff like that.

romey

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 08:57:52 AM »
agreed - it's not a dance contest.  Was that Chad Johnson, T.O, Joe Horn????

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 10:50:48 AM »
I am in the hate category. It is awful. In fact, I'd rather have Jerry Smith's antics from the Bradley Center last year than this garbage. Crean should have taken him out of the game the first time he pulled that stunt.

murambler

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 11:01:50 AM »
Usually, I don't like showboating.  But it was nice to see this team with a lot of swagger in their step.   To me, it looks so funny and ridiculous I would hardly call it taunting or showing up the opponent.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 11:03:45 AM »
Yeah, I'm in the "don't care" camp.

Cubillan does this stuff when he MAKES threes (and I believe when the team is winning).  I don't really care if does an Irish Jig if the other two things are happening.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

MUWeb7

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 11:28:04 AM »
I agree, it was a tad over the top. But at this time i'm not really going to worry about it. After the few games that we've looked like a stagnant characterless team...this shows our team is getting that "swagger" and confidence back.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 12:10:24 PM »
Yeah - swagger is one thing but this type of behavior is over the line.  Class-less. He comes across as a punk.
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

MUFanInGreenBay

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 12:25:25 PM »
I don't favor those antics either, but wow was that funny. You folks gotta watch some replays of that. It looked so dam goofy, yet, it was so funny. You could tell Raftery and Saunders were not in favor by Cubes antics either. Let's keep in mind he's just a 19 year old kid though. Also, it's not like he's throwing blatant elbows at opposing players as a senior like Nutter does from the Hall.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 12:47:30 PM »
When Cubes made the opening of Sportscenter and during the game highlights everyone at the bar (Caffrey's) went nuts!

chapman

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 01:37:52 PM »
When he was shooting 1-6 and decided to taunt during the make it was really irritating.  It's still over the top, but he's backing it up somewhat now.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 02:52:46 PM »
I've said it before, I think it's bush league, though doing it against Pitt and UW is a little more tolerable. I trhink there are ways of celebrating without calling attention to yourself. If he played on any other BE team I would hate him. I am surprised no one has decked him on a pick yet.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008, 02:57:15 PM »
Cube was doing exactly the same thing, I was doing in my living room - have no issue with his enthusiasm.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2008, 03:09:08 PM »
Cube was doing exactly the same thing, I was doing in my living room - have no issue with his enthusiasm.

Robmufan and myself were also doing the same thing at the BC.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 03:38:58 PM »
It would be bad if cube did this against the carthage or UW parkside, but it was Pitt for crying out loud.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2008, 05:13:03 PM »
What goes around comes around.  We'd all be bull s_ _ t if an opposing player had  rubbed our nose in it, so I wish he'd back off of this hotdogging behavior.  Nice to see him make a few, though!

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2008, 05:58:33 PM »
If I was a fan of the opposing team it would really irritate me. Frankly, I am glad Culliban has got his swagger back. One of the reasons we are playing well now is that Fitz and Culliban are starting to hit from three again. It makes a hugh difference. All you have to look at Pitt last night. They made only one three and got blown out. If you look at some of our losses, that people were blaming Crean for, you will see that Fitz and Culliban were not even close to making open threes, which allowed the other teams to pack the middle.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2008, 06:10:28 PM »
or was it a question of  us having no inside presence making it tougher to get a decent look?  Ooze's double double really makes it hard for teams to defend on the perimeter when they are afriad of getting burned inside.  Do agree though, playing with confidence makes a huge difference.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2008, 06:39:32 PM »
If I were a Pitt fan, I'd hate him for it.
Thank goodness, I'm not a Pitt fan.

As long as he's draining shots, I don't really care how he celebrates, to the degree that he's playing to the crowd/himself/his teammates and not getting into the face of his opponents. If he stood in front of a defender and danced like that, I'd have a problem with it. The fact he turns his back and does it while heading down court? Looks a little silly, but who cares?
He's a kid playing a game. God forbid he have fun while doing it.

Seriously, is this much worse than Diener waving three fingers in the air or the kid from Charlotte who used to blow a kiss every time he hit a three-point shot? Or are we splitting hairs over degrees of hot-dogging?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 06:45:20 PM by Pakuni »

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2008, 06:58:52 PM »

If anyone knows how to make this an avatar let me know.  All I can get is the first frame to show up!

feedback