[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 374612 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #3825 on: September 10, 2021, 03:05:22 PM »
Truman Show was his best work.   Like Stranger than Fiction for Ferrell.

I believe you mean after "The Other Guys"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3826 on: September 10, 2021, 03:43:09 PM »
I hate Jim Carrey and his "humor" too

he might be a better painter than hunter, but for some weird reason, hunter's stuff seems to be going like "hotcakes" for a lot more money
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3827 on: September 10, 2021, 03:58:43 PM »
he might be a better painter than hunter, but for some weird reason, hunter's stuff seems to be going like "hotcakes" for a lot more money

9 of 10.  Air quotes, bringing Hunter Biden into it and hinting at a conspiracy theory.  Not enough misspelling for a 10.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3828 on: September 10, 2021, 11:44:50 PM »
There is absolutely no reason to believe that the current new daily vaccination rate would continue linearly to that point.

Gottleib's problem is that when he deviates from pure science discussions, to policy his logic is clouded by politics and he ends up making ridiculous statements at times. He did so here.

I can say this, because every time you point a finger at someone there are three pointing back at you. We all have our faults once personal convictions and politics get involved. He fell off the wagon here...I've done the same before.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3829 on: September 12, 2021, 07:48:14 AM »
Nice to know that some governors care more about making political statements than they do about protecting their residents from a deadly, highly contagious virus.

From The AP:

President Joe Biden’s sweeping new vaccine requirements have Republican governors threatening lawsuits. His unapologetic response: “Have at it.”

The administration is gearing up for another major clash between federal and state rule. But while many details about the rules remain unknown, Biden appears to be on firm legal ground to issue the directive in the name of protecting employee safety, according to several experts interviewed by The Associated Press.

“My bet is that with respect to that statutory authority, they’re on pretty strong footing given the evidence strongly suggesting . the degree of risk that (unvaccinated individuals) pose, not only to themselves but also unto others,” said University of Connecticut law professor Sachin Pandya.

Republicans swiftly denounced the mandate that could impact 100 million Americans as government overreach and vowed to sue, and private employers who resist the requirements may do so as well. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott called it an “assault on private businesses“ while Gov. Henry McMaster promised to “fight them to the gates of hell to protect the liberty and livelihood of every South Carolinian.”

The White House is gearing up for legal challenges and believes that even if some of the mandates are tossed out, millions of Americans will get a shot because of the new requirements – saving lives and preventing the spread of the virus.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3830 on: September 12, 2021, 10:00:40 AM »
The stick is working after the carrot's limits were reached ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/10/us/politics/military-veterans-coronavirus-mandate.html?action=click&campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210912&instance_id=40234&module=RelatedLinks&nl=the-morning&pgtype=Article&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=68744&te=1&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

WASHINGTON — President Biden’s new coronavirus vaccination mandates have prompted some backlash, but the two federal departments that already require vaccinations say their actions are doing what they intended: getting more shots in arms.

Since the Pentagon announced last month that active-duty military personnel would be required to be vaccinated, the percentage of service members with at least one shot has risen to 83 percent from 76 percent, according to Defense Department data.

At the Department of Veterans Affairs, which issued a vaccine mandate for its 115,000 frontline health care workers seven weeks ago, 82 percent of those employees are now fully vaccinated, up from 77 percent, and the number of shots it has given to all of its workers has more than doubled since early July, said Terrence Hayes, a spokesman for the department.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3831 on: September 12, 2021, 10:09:58 AM »
Vaccine mandates in the military started with George Washington.     Can't get much more American/founders intent/OG than that.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3832 on: September 12, 2021, 10:18:21 AM »
Meanwhile in the state where the governor touts treatment over vaccines:

Florida breaks COVID-19 deaths record fourth week in a row

The state added 2,448 people to its death toll.
The state Health Department continues to refuse to publish death tallies in each county.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/2021/09/10/covid-19-deaths-record-broken-fourth-week-row-infections-slow/8281205002/

Good news is that at this point, he’s killing off his own base.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3833 on: September 12, 2021, 10:57:04 AM »
Vaccine mandates in the military started with George Washington.     Can't get much more American/founders intent/OG than that.   

George was a RINO who hated America.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3834 on: September 12, 2021, 02:50:58 PM »
American Exceptionalism?

@peterbakernyt: With just 62% of Americans having received at least one vaccine shot, the United States has now fallen to last place among the G7 wealthiest democracies. @AlyssaLukpat https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/11/world/asia/us-vaccination-rate-low.html

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3835 on: September 12, 2021, 03:06:28 PM »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3836 on: September 12, 2021, 03:31:01 PM »
American Exceptionalism?

@peterbakernyt: With just 62% of Americans having received at least one vaccine shot, the United States has now fallen to last place among the G7 wealthiest democracies. @AlyssaLukpat https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/11/world/asia/us-vaccination-rate-low.html

While I'm not excusing anything, but its a bit splitting hairs.  US is at 62-63%.  Germany is at 66%.  Japan is at like 62-63%.  US adult vax rate is I believe 75% with at least one shot?  Given the US has 4x or more the population of any of the G7 countries in front of them, its still hell of a lot of shots in arms.

While there isn't much excuse for that 62% not be closer to 80%, these reports make it seem like the US is 20% behind every other developed nation with less than half the population vaxxed

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #3837 on: September 12, 2021, 04:30:15 PM »
While I'm not excusing anything, but its a bit splitting hairs.  US is at 62-63%.  Germany is at 66%.  Japan is at like 62-63%.  US adult vax rate is I believe 75% with at least one shot?  Given the US has 4x or more the population of any of the G7 countries in front of them, its still hell of a lot of shots in arms.

While there isn't much excuse for that 62% not be closer to 80%, these reports make it seem like the US is 20% behind every other developed nation with less than half the population vaxxed

Japan started late and just rocketed by us (like this week).  So far their vaccination curve isnt slowing.

Also that is first dose what you are quoting.  We are in the 50's all in.

You were dismissing Canada a few weeks ago for the same reason -- only being a few points ahead of us (first dose) now they are close to 70% fully vaccinated.

We have a problem with vaccine uptake (particularly in certain areas) and it is impacting the length of time our hospitals are full.  We also have a problem in certain areas completing their shot regimen (HI for example). 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3838 on: September 12, 2021, 08:33:44 PM »
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.30.21262866v1

Not peer reviewed yet but this was discussed recently on scoop and it seems the problem might be more prevalent then originally thought.

I know Pakuni already kinda rebutted your stance here. But seems there's some new info out:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg25133462-800-myocarditis-is-more-common-after-covid-19-infection-than-vaccination/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3839 on: September 12, 2021, 10:44:16 PM »
Japan started late and just rocketed by us (like this week).  So far their vaccination curve isnt slowing.

Also that is first dose what you are quoting.  We are in the 50's all in.

You were dismissing Canada a few weeks ago for the same reason -- only being a few points ahead of us (first dose) now they are close to 70% fully vaccinated.

We have a problem with vaccine uptake (particularly in certain areas) and it is impacting the length of time our hospitals are full.  We also have a problem in certain areas completing their shot regimen (HI for example).

FWIW, I was quoting everyone else's first dose amount as well.  I wasn't picking and choosing.

I totally hear your point, I just think its worth the perspective of noting that a 10% increase for the US vs a 10% increase for Canada is a difference of literally 30MM people, or over 80% of the entire population of Canada.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #3840 on: September 13, 2021, 06:44:02 AM »
FWIW, I was quoting everyone else's first dose amount as well.  I wasn't picking and choosing.

I totally hear your point, I just think its worth the perspective of noting that a 10% increase for the US vs a 10% increase for Canada is a difference of literally 30MM people, or over 80% of the entire population of Canada.

I know you are not trying to be disingenuous, but I think it's time to call the US vaccine effort for what it is instead of trying to find silver linings.  Very mediocre considering we had access early, provided it free and had great distribution coverage. 

I mean - if China vaccinated 400 million people we wouldnt be saying "oh thats wonderful, they vaccinated more people than anyone else." 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3841 on: September 13, 2021, 07:18:56 AM »
Alabama man dies after being turned away from 43 hospitals as covid packs ICUs, family says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/09/12/alabama-ray-demonia-hospitals-icu/?utm_campaign=wp_the7&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_the7&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F34a9398%2F613f2fdd9d2fda262757afa2%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F18%2F38%2F613f2fdd9d2fda262757afa2

Yeah, but don't worry. We keep getting reassured that staying unvaccinated affects only the noble patriot exercising his or her choice.

Freedom!

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #3842 on: September 13, 2021, 07:33:24 AM »
I just saw that as well. So sad.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #3843 on: September 13, 2021, 07:37:43 AM »
Hospitals in Oklahoma are turning away gunshot victims because they're full of COVID patients. Ugh! I wish we could just round up all the unvaccinated and lock them up somewhere and throw away the key. They offer no value to society.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3844 on: September 13, 2021, 07:51:07 AM »
They offer no value to society.
If you said they are actively working to harm society you'd be correct.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3845 on: September 13, 2021, 11:49:47 AM »
Columbus Blue Jackets replaced assistant coach Sylvain Lefebvre because he refused to get vaccinated. The NHL has mandated that all employees who interact with players have to be vaccinated.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3846 on: September 13, 2021, 12:31:03 PM »
Besides being barbaric, these governors continue to show their stupidity. They are killing their own voters.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3847 on: September 13, 2021, 02:13:51 PM »
Remember when there was some debate here over whether Ron DeSantis was discouraging vaccination or simply not doing enough to encourage it?
Does this change anyone's mind?

@KevinCate
Moments ago, @GovRonDeSantis let someone stand behind the Seal of Florida and say: "The vaccine changes your RNA."
It does not. No corrections. No shame.

https://twitter.com/KevinCate/status/1437461661724590082

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #3848 on: September 13, 2021, 03:07:37 PM »
Got to love the Onion.

Horrified Anti-Vaxxer Discovers Every American Who Got Smallpox Vaccine In 19th Century Now Dead

https://www.theonion.com/horrified-anti-vaxxer-discovers-every-american-who-got-1847644353?utm_source=TheOnion_Daily_RSS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021-09-13

LYNCHBURG, VA—Astounded by the damning information, local anti-vaxxer Pete Dixon was reportedly horrified Thursday after discovering that every single American who got a smallpox vaccine in the 19th century was now deceased. “We’re expected to follow along blindly with the CDC, but if people would simply look to the history, they’d see that the thousands of people who were inoculated against smallpox in the 1800s have since dropped dead,” said Dixon, telling reporters that it was disgusting that the mainstream media had refused to share any stories about Americans who had taken the government-mandated vaccines, only to eventually perish from complications including respiratory failure, cancer, heart attack, stroke, or cholera. “They act like these shots are completely safe and tested, but I guarantee that future historians are going to look back on this time period centuries from now and discover that everyone who took the Covid vaccine is dead, too.” Dixon added that despite the media’s constant downplaying of alternative medicine, not a single person in the 19th century had died from ingesting ivermectin.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3849 on: September 13, 2021, 06:29:43 PM »

feedback