Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Otule playing like a defensive stud  (Read 1582 times)

Blackhat

• All American
Otule playing like a defensive stud
« on: January 28, 2013, 09:56:18 PM »
kid deserves his own thread.

Beautiful defense and some strong boards!!

Way to go Chris!

forgetful

• All American
Re: Otule playing like a defensive stud
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 10:01:10 PM »
Said the same thing in the SOTG thread.

He looked great today.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 10:02:03 PM »
What was his final tally for blocks? 4? 5?

chapman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 10:03:31 PM »
Got in their heads.  They knew where he was when they took it inside late.  Y'all sure it would "be best if he just moved on"?

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 10:06:00 PM »
4 blocks... and yeah USF didn't get a lot of inside the paint good looks toward the end.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 10:07:16 PM »
USF shot 42% from 3 and only 19% from 2.  We were in there heads if they got to the paint.

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 10:11:46 PM »
Chris' D was outstanding, nice to see him stick with it thru the injuries and keep doing it strong
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 10:45:17 PM »
On offense he also continued to act as a very effective "human wall", sealing off defenders so his teammates would have an open path to the basket.  Very well done, Mr. Otule. 
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 08:58:21 AM »
He looked like he did against Syracuse his sophomore year, great D and rebounding, and getting easy flushes early on.  Thinking he's getting more comfortable recovering  with that knee injury.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 09:09:17 AM »
Yeah, I would love to have him around for a sixth year.  Davante is great, but he can't do some of the stuff that CO brings on the defensive end.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 09:24:07 AM »
Sure was a defensive presence.  Played one of his best games.  Good job CO!!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 09:31:23 AM »
Yeah, I would love to have him around for a sixth year.  Davante is great, but he can't do some of the stuff that CO brings on the defensive end.

With you 100% on this, Sultan. Unless we recruit a big man of similar potential, it absolutely would benefit the team to have a player of Otule's skill set on the roster. Even if Davante proves capable of playing 30+ minutes on a regular basis -- still a big "if" -- I don't see how it's anything but a positive to have a tall, shot-blocking big man on the team. As he showed last night, he's a very valuable insurance policy should Gardner get hurt or get fouls. Not to mention the fact that Otule is an intelligent, hard-working role model, a great teammate and an outstanding citizen.

If Otule wants to return, it's a total no-brainer to bring him back. I see zero downside.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 10:14:03 AM »
What puzzles me is the fact that we rarely go to Chris on offense after the tip-off.  I remember so many games where he starts off the game with a baby hook in the post and yesterday he gets back-to-back slams and then nothing really after.  Why don't we try to feed it to him more?  I feel like he could be getting close to 10ppg if we just gave him a few more looks.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 10:17:17 AM »
What puzzles me is the fact that we rarely go to Chris on offense after the tip-off.  I remember so many games where he starts off the game with a baby hook in the post and yesterday he gets back-to-back slams and then nothing really after.  Why don't we try to feed it to him more?  I feel like he could be getting close to 10ppg if we just gave him a few more looks.

Those back to back slams were more due to crap defense by USF than anything.  On one, Junior made a great pass inside to him, on the other, the defender got caught way up top and no one rotated to help.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 10:57:37 AM »
One of the plays by Blue last night that disappointed me was when he attempted to throw a bounce pass to CO through traffic while both were moving.   I am a CO fan, but he has no chance of catching that pass and his teammates should know better. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback