[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Shaka to MU (Done deal v. 2.0)  (Read 48490 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Shaka to MU (Done deal v. 2.0)
« Reply #175 on: March 27, 2021, 01:33:16 PM »
You’re 60 years old?  I thought you were something like 12.

Watch out, or he might come back with 'my dad can beat up your dad.'

MU82

• All American
« Reply #176 on: March 27, 2021, 04:01:24 PM »
Nothing against Theo, never one of my favorites, but whatever. He just isn't that great of a player.

Nor did I say he was "that great of a player."

C'mon Mike, Shaka would recruit right over him. Besides, we're talking big time D1 men's basketball, not a roster spot on the intramural debate team, hey?

Shaddup and dribble, oona?

This could be interesting, Doc. Shaka actually encourages his players to speak out on social justice matters, and to protest peacefully. And he himself has been vocal about abusive cops. He could quickly turn from a coach you are getting wet over to one you rip, and it would have nothing to do with his performance as coach. Maybe he's even a "Marxist," oona?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #177 on: March 27, 2021, 04:02:22 PM »
I think seniors returning is pretty low risk unless they caused a locker room issue. I think they don’t count against the scholarship limit.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #178 on: March 27, 2021, 05:14:21 PM »
This could be interesting, Doc. Shaka actually encourages his players to speak out on social justice matters, and to protest peacefully. And he himself has been vocal about abusive cops. He could quickly turn from a coach you are getting wet over to one you rip, and it would have nothing to do with his performance as coach. Maybe he's even a "Marxist," oona?
Which is why Nolonger Warriors instantly hated the hire.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 10:48:23 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #179 on: March 27, 2021, 05:29:50 PM »

So we agree he isn't that great of a player. Then the only reason you would want him back is because of his social justice stance. Ok that makes sense.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #180 on: March 27, 2021, 05:47:20 PM »
Apparently all he would have to do is stare at you until you wet your pants. Still worth the price of admission.

****!  (Priceless)
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

FartyEightHours

• Starter
« Reply #181 on: March 27, 2021, 06:07:00 PM »
Just the name Shaka is an improvement!!
My adjectives are wise, brilliant, and sexy

MU82

• All American
« Reply #182 on: March 27, 2021, 07:22:25 PM »
So we agree he isn't that great of a player. Then the only reason you would want him back is because of his social justice stance. Ok that makes sense.

So if you were a coach you’d have only 13 “great” players? No role players? No backups? Wow ... we should have hired you!

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #183 on: March 27, 2021, 07:34:34 PM »
So if you were a coach you’d have only 13 “great” players? No role players? No backups? Wow ... we should have hired you!
Well I probably would do better than Wojo.  ;)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #184 on: March 27, 2021, 07:47:10 PM »
That's why Shaka was hired.  He'll fit right in at MU, where they honor guys who batter women.

Will be amusing if he doesn't do a good job and fans lose patience quickly and we get MKE "leaders" saying he gets as many years as Wojo or else MU is racist.  Smith encouraged a ton of partisan division while at Texas.  Don't see why he'd be any different at MU.

Your life must be exhausting.  Have a grape soda
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #185 on: March 27, 2021, 08:44:03 PM »
Well I probably would do better than Wojo.  ;)

We'll agree on that, hairy!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #186 on: March 27, 2021, 09:33:54 PM »

My interest is MU basketball. Don't give a chit what actors, athletes, or others who feel the public needs to know what X's position on a newsworthy story happens to be. Concentrate on making yourself the best athlete or actor you can be. You don't have as much influence as you may think and automatically piss off half your fanbase by speaking out. As for John, I hope his Marquette degree serves him well, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #187 on: March 27, 2021, 09:38:19 PM »

My interest is MU basketball. Don't give a chit what actors, athletes, or others who feel the public needs to know what X's position on a newsworthy story happens to be. Concentrate on making yourself the best athlete or actor you can be. You don't have as much influence as you may think and automatically piss off half your fanbase by speaking out. As for John, I hope his Marquette degree serves him well, hey?

Well, you need to talk to your guy Shaka and set him straight, my friend. Because I'm thinking his athletes will not be discouraged from speaking out, even if it automatically pisses off half the fanbase. Shaka might say a thing or three, as well. I'll be curious to hear your reaction if and when he is on the opposing side of an issue.

We share the same hope for Theo, and for all Marquette students.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #188 on: March 27, 2021, 09:44:52 PM »

My interest is MU basketball. Don't give a chit what actors, reality TV personalities, athletes, or others who feel the public needs to know what X's position on a newsworthy story happens to be. Concentrate on making yourself the best athlete or actor you can be. You don't have as much influence as you may think and automatically piss off half your fanbase by speaking out. As for John, I hope his Marquette degree serves him well, hey?
FIFY  ;)

For me, if you've earned a platform you should use it as you see fit. Use it for hate, there are consequences. Use it to fight injustice, apparently there are also consequences. Regardless you should use it.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2021, 09:48:16 PM »
Well, you need to talk to your guy Shaka and set him straight, my friend. Because I'm thinking his athletes will not be discouraged from speaking out, even if it automatically pisses off half the fanbase. Shaka might say a thing or three, as well. I'll be curious to hear your reaction if and when he is on the opposing side of an issue.

We share the same hope for Theo, and for all Marquette students.

Probably will happen in his first year since since it's almost a yearly occurrence in Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha

Looks like the Badger fan base will grow even more

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2021, 09:57:24 PM »
Big yikes

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2021, 10:01:32 PM »

Shut up and drill teeth, doc.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2021, 10:15:58 PM »

Good. If a bunch of snowflakes choose Bucky over Marquette because our coach and his players want to be on the right side of history, so be it.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2021, 10:50:12 PM »

Lol. Just Shut up and play, eh?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2021, 10:52:15 PM »
Good. If a bunch of snowflakes choose Bucky over Marquette because our coach and his players want to be on the right side of history, so be it.
^This
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2021, 11:18:58 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #196 on: March 28, 2021, 07:08:19 AM »
Shut up and drill teeth, doc.

Ever since Shaka became a serious candidate for this job, all Doc has talked about are the great athletes Shaka's gonna bring here. He knows that most will be Black. He knows that Shaka has taken political stances that differ from his own, and he knows that Shaka has strongly backed athletes who have done the same.

So Doc can't have it both ways. He can't eagerly welcome Shaka and his Black players to restore respect to our basketball program but then whine when they publicly demand that African-Americans be treated with respect in our society.

Or at least he can't if he's being intellectually honest, because he lobbied hard for Shaka to be our coach.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #197 on: March 28, 2021, 08:12:53 AM »
Probably will happen in his first year since since it's almost a yearly occurrence in Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha

That’s a stinging indictment on the folks of Wisconsin, not the athletes and coaches of Marquette
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #198 on: March 28, 2021, 08:16:58 AM »

Fine by me.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #199 on: March 28, 2021, 08:56:34 AM »
Ever since Shaka became a serious candidate for this job, all Doc has talked about are the great athletes Shaka's gonna bring here. He knows that most will be Black. He knows that Shaka has taken political stances that differ from his own, and he knows that Shaka has strongly backed athletes who have done the same.

So Doc can't have it both ways. He can't eagerly welcome Shaka and his Black players to restore respect to our basketball program but then whine when they publicly demand that African-Americans be treated with respect in our society.

Or at least he can't if he's being intellectually honest, because he lobbied hard for Shaka to be our coach.
[/q

Glad you brought it up so let's keep it real. It was fairly obvious, early in this coaching search, that MU's administration wanted to hire an African-American coach this time. In fact, I posted that almost immediately. It was also speculated that Scholl and the Board differed on their choice. I'm guessing the Board won out and choose the best minority candidate for the job. I'll also speculate that Scholl preferred Moser, as he was the safe selection.
For the record, I would have been enthused with either because I want, foremost, for MU to win on the court and I believe both are capable of delivering that. My preference is Shaka for style of play and the feeling that he will be better able to recruit athletes needed, both to win in the BE and compete for a championship. Woj couldn't do that and I can understand elite athletes wanting nothing to do with him or a program that he leads. Frankly, he's just vanilla, in so many ways.
As for athletes and their outspoken views on social justice, I'm not interested in hearing them. Its a distraction from their task at hand. It doesn't move me in one direction or another whether celebrities endorse social justice, Wheaties, the death penalty, or bitcoins. Now, that doesn't mean I have no interest in these topics, and maybe I even will agree with their points of view, but I feel, I'm capable of sorting out the information and forming my opinions how and when I feel it's appropriate to do so. To be clear, if Shaka encourages like behavior from his team, I'll tune it out as well, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback