[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by brewcity77
[Today at 04:24:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 12:46:07 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sláinte! Wojo and team  (Read 1645 times)

Big tuna

• Walk-On
Sláinte! Wojo and team
« on: March 17, 2019, 09:34:44 AM »
Going into the year I was calling for 10 conference wins. It's a very tough conference, and that gets us in the dance. Later as we were on a streak, many friends now we’re touting 12. (and of course we all wanted more as the team stoled a couple.) I am extremely pleased with the season! Yes disappointed  with the finish but still very optimistic on several fronts.  Nationally MU has been in the news, that's good for the brand. We're relevant again. 
I like and would play Bailey more, I like his footwork. Team is young . The future is very bright for next year. Wojo and staff are recruiting well.
Howard wrist will get better fast and we go two rounds (or more) in tournament ! 

fjm

• All American
Re: Sláinte! Wojo and team
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 10:30:07 AM »
Going into the year I was calling for 10 conference wins. It's a very tough conference, and that gets us in the dance. Later as we were on a streak, many friends now we’re touting 12. (and of course we all wanted more as the team stoled a couple.) I am extremely pleased with the season! Yes disappointed  with the finish but still very optimistic on several fronts.  Nationally MU has been in the news, that's good for the brand. We're relevant again. 
I like and would play Bailey more, I like his footwork. Team is young . The future is very bright for next year. Wojo and staff are recruiting well.
Howard wrist will get better fast and we go two rounds (or more) in tournament !

Agreed.
Very bummed with the way the season has played out the last 3 weeks.
Now having said that, as someone else said, if those 4 losses came earlier everyone would be ecstatic with how it’s ended so far.

We exceeded my expectations for the year at the beginning. Here’s hoping for a couple NCAA W’s.

I love bailey. But those 3’s are looking worse and worse at times. Other teams know he is a non-threat from there. He needs to slash like sacar when he gets the ball thwre.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 10:33:48 AM »
This team deserves a mini run. Not much has gone their way the last 6 games some of which was totally out of their control.
No Finish Line

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 10:35:59 AM »

You sound like someone who step out of the Trees and can now see the Forest.  Thanks for the overview.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 10:42:09 AM »
I like the cut of your jib, tuna!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DoggyDaddy

• Team Captain
  • We're Warriors son, not Beagles.
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 11:06:53 AM »
All solid and honest comments here. Team has already achieved more than expected at the beginning of the season and, most importantly, the season is not over!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 11:09:25 AM »
Been a wonderful season.  Hoping for a little magic here.  Sure the end was tough, but fun basketball and good kids doing it right.  I don’t have to sweat one iota the off the court stuff of the past.  Breath of fresh air.  Successful season, onlbteo seniors on the team and neither of them play huge minutes....next year look out.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 11:41:57 AM »
To me, OOC exceeded despite the IU stinker.  Buffalo was our best game and the most exciting one to watch in person. Yeah, MU frittered away KU but the 1st half of that game showed they could dominate. MU beat up a tough Kansas State team, pure and simple

The first half of the Big East was a superior.  Lots of grit and defense to go with some dependable great shooting. It was great to see MU win games with defense.

The second half of the Big East was way below expectations, especially considering the season to that point.  Injuries and quality of depth caught up with MU as opposing coaches adjusted the second time through the conference, along with some very uneven officiating. I thought Wojo needed to throw in more wrinkles, he was too complacent.  However, MU had the chance to win every game. The Creighton home game was the one that killed MU, though.

Regular BE season: Met expectations. 6-3 on the road (+) and at home (-). Second place, but pissed away first on their own.  Defense vastly improved. Offense still high but struggled mightily at times. BET as expected, dismissing the SH debacle.

Some consistent factors in MU’s losses: Markus with <100 ORatings (except Creighton), he sat significant minutes in many of the losses (due to fouls or injury), and he had very high usage above his norm (not all but most).  As Markus goes, so goes MU. The Howard Rules—get used to it.

My buds and I discussed this too...if Markus is in foul trouble, just leave him in—the results are usually better as he is already in the flow...and when he returns after long stretches of sitting, he tries to do too much as he is the only one who can create. (Also, statistically, he won’t foul out).

Goose

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 12:08:21 PM »
The way I see it, the regular season balanced over the long run. They won a couple of more BE games than I expected and had a nice season. Now that is over, IMO the season should be graded from this pint forward. If they are on the uptick, they play into second weekend or longer. If not, it would show the progress was not as big as many felt a few weeks ago.
For me, I want to see them win and build for the future. Wojo is not going away anytime soon and I have fingers crossed that my view of team is not accurate.

feedback