[Today at 05:15:30 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Who did MU choke more against?

Missouri
Washington
They didn't choke in either of those games

Author Topic: NCAA Tourney  (Read 10034 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: NCAA Tourney
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2010, 09:06:02 PM »
wow...

I guess this board is for excuse makers.  It seems like everything someone posts bad or indifferent about Marquette is just hated on.  Do you not accept the fact that Marquette has not done S*** the last couple seasons?  Do you not see they are weak and sloppy with leads and when it matters most?  maybe you all are too busy making excuses and using defense mechanisms to realize that Marquette basketball is not OK under Buzz.  We will have good recruits but will choke and choke again.  that's how it works with a coach that gets WAY too excited when they are winning......you end up loosing the lead

I'm not an excuse maker, but you have to come with more than silly cliches like "Buzz prepares his team to exceed expectations but not to win championships."  I mean, WTF does that even mean?  "Did we choke more against Mizzou or UW?"  I mean, can you even *define* what you mean by choke?  The two were completely different games played by vastly different MU teams against different opponents.  I guess since we lost, that means we choked in your book.

Do many people share concerns with Buzz?  Yeah...he's not exactly a proven coach.  But by and large I am satisfied with what I hae seen.  He recruits well and gets his guys to play hard.  He's not the best tactician in the world, but he's not been playing with a full deck as yet.  But please don't come around here talking a bunch of crappy cliches and  act like we are basketball novices

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2010, 11:00:08 PM »
MU should have beaten Washington.  We had a huge lead in the second half and let it go.  Missouri, we weren't supposed to beat them, trailed huge, came back but I wouldn't say that was a choke.

Not sure I would call the Washington game a choke, but a game we should have won.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2010, 11:05:35 PM »
MU should have beaten Washington.  We Marquette had a huge lead in the second half and let it go.  Missouri, we Marquette weren't  wasn't supposed to beat them, trailed huge, came back but I wouldn't say that was a choke.

Not sure I would call the Washington game a choke, but a game we Marquette should have won.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2010, 05:46:32 PM »
Jay Bee,

My apologies for using the term "we" when referencing my alma mater. 

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2010, 06:07:22 PM »
This will probably not be a popular statement here, but it was Hayward who choked in both games. Against Missouri Hayward has a great offensive rebound and basket to tie it up.  But then he went from hero to goat by stepping over the inbounds line. Against Washington with less than a minute to go Hayward takes a quick three that was not even a good three.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2010, 06:55:15 PM »
JayBoy is the LAST person that can call someone out for the use of "we"...

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2010, 09:06:29 PM »
And the point of this thread is what again?

Thank God it's only 60 days until Marquette Madness.
The General has taken on a new command.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2010, 10:12:50 PM »
And the point of this thread is what again?

Eye think sum people where talking about witch game was a bigger choke for Market... misery or you double you.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2010, 10:56:12 PM »
Thank God it's only 60 days until Marquette Madness.

who cars about madness what about the scrimage against virginia? if they choke and loose it could hurt seeding in march.