[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 12:46:07 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Memphis/FedEx willing to buy themselves into BCS  (Read 5216 times)

Big Papi

• All American

chapman

• All American
Re: Memphis/FedEx willing to buy themselves into BCS
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 10:35:00 PM »
Is FedEx willing to commit to a 10 year / $100 million deal like the CEO implies it boils down to, or is it "$10 Million per year", and if they don't always get their way he can threaten to pull the money?  It looks like a huge boost to a conference like the Big East, but without a true long-term commitment a conference would be stupid to take Memphis solely to cash in on this offer.  If only he would have just bought the school some decent academics and a football team awhile ago it would have taken care of itself.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 07:41:36 AM »
I hope the Big East passes on this extortion offer. It's ridiculous. You couldn't pay me enough to be associated with Memphis. They are right where they belong....in CUSA, and hopefully that's where they stay.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 10:51:52 AM »
Remind me to dump some Fed Ex stock tomorrow if this is what they are seriously doing with their money

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 02:28:34 PM »
We were in a conference with Memphis before. Outside of the fact that they generally beat us, they had no effect on MU's reputation. I do not really care about football. I want the Big East to be considered the best basketball conference. Memphis basketball helps this. However, Kansas would be my first choice by far. Add Kansas, MO, Kansas St. and Iowa St. Then take Fedex's money if Rutgers goes to Big 10. If the Big East remained 100% intact and you did not add any Big 12 teams, I would still take Memphis. You now have a 17 team conference and play a 16 game schedule. I do not like mirror games. Everyone should play everybody once. For basketball I see 17 teams as being better than 16 teams and 19 teams being better than 18 or 20. That way you can play everyone once and have the same number of home games and away games.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 08:56:32 AM »
         Chapman, I think FedEx can do that thing that you said. FedEx is a big company and I really trust their service to them. Every single package I want to be delivered is been bought to my family with no harm.

WTF?

romey

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 11:05:58 AM »
WTF?
Even the one on "Castaway" although a little late.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 10:26:36 AM »
I'm still waiting for my Wilson Volleyball that was suppose to come to me in 2000.....

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 10:45:46 AM »
         Chapman, I think FedEx can do that thing like what you've said. FedEx is a big company and I really trust their service. Every single package is delivered to my family secured and safely.

Does FedEx employ some guerrilla marketers to troll the Internet defending their company? 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 11:00:24 AM »
Does FedEx employ some guerrilla marketers to troll the Internet defending their company?  

I'll bet anyone the "usual Duke bet" that the IP can be traced to Memphis or some PR firm in [EDIT] NYC Bangalore.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 12:31:26 PM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 12:22:26 PM »

Probably, but how could that crazy grammatical train wreck possibly help their company?

chapman

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 12:37:15 PM »
Probably, but how could that crazy grammatical train wreck possibly help their company?

Got to be a Memphis grad. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 10:35:57 PM »
Since you all want to know, an Asian marketer for a search engine optimization firm. I think they'll find that their modified post probably gets them fired.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 10:41:05 PM »
Classic.  Well played, Rocky.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 11:59:38 AM »
I guess that employing a PammZer (or was it Panzer?) illustrates just how much money FedEx must have burning a hole in its pocket.

Chicos, if your dumping FedEx stock, I can get you in on the ground floor of the Kentucky Basketball teams IPO.  It will be by private placement only and not publicized to avoid NCAA problems.  The Initial buyin does require you to deliver a top 20 recruit "by any means necessary" to the team though.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

feedback