[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[May 05, 2024, 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Season Tickets for Other Programs  (Read 2890 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Season Tickets for Other Programs
« on: July 21, 2011, 10:49:07 AM »
It's kind of funny how different the experience is when buying tickets for other programs.  Last year mid-way through the season I bought two tickets for Cleveland State Basketball.  We got really nice seats at about the free throw line in the lower bowl for about $100/per for the half season (about 20 rows up or so).

I just got a call from the CSU ticket office to see if we're interested in renewing.  She mentioned that seats have opened up six rows behind the bench because a local player graduated and his family is giving up the seats.  Six rows behind the team, on an aisle, for $199/per seat for the season.  Amazing.

Now, I gotta decide if I'm going to do it...I suppose the fact that I have to think about it pretty well explains why tickets like that are available at that price.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Season Tickets for Other Programs
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 01:28:20 PM »
I'd guess you get what you pay for. Those CSU tix are cheaper than my upper bowl corner seats, but I doubt they'll see Vandy, Louisville, Pitt, Georgetown, 'Nova, and have a legitimate hope of seeing wins in those games. On the other end, does anyone know price ranges for UNC or Duke season tix? I imagine they make MU seem cheap.

Just checked UCLA, their cheapest seats are $399, the same seats at the BC are $125. Their priciest seats are $17,000. Guess the middle ground is center lower bowl, which is $4,400. I think we aren't too bad after seeing that.

UNC starts at $620 per seat for the upper bowl. That doesn't include the Duke game. Better seats than that aren't even available for new ticket holders. By contrast, MU has lower bowl seats available for $620, and lower bowl corners for $670.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 01:58:09 PM by brewcity77 »
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 01:55:24 PM »
I'd guess you get what you pay for.

No question about that.  I'd much rather have season tickets to Marquette, even at the rates they charge.  But living in Cleveland, that's pretty tough to pull off.

I love college basketball, and this is the best I can do locally.  Last year was a special season at CSU, and they were fun to watch.  If we decide to buy tickets again, I'm pretty sure we'll have a lot of fun and enjoy some good basketball.  It's not the same as the Big East, but it'll do.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »
Louisville is up there too.

Most of the lower bowl sections have a $400/seat donation on top of the $2500-1500 ticket price .. and you must get 4 seats.   Oh, and a $150,000 donation payable over 5 years.   :o

Upper deck center, $450 seat donation, $500 for tickets and just $100k donation over 5 years.

http://www.uoflsports.com/tickets/lou-season-tickets-m-baskbl.html

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 09:58:22 PM »
Here are several others.. excluding any 'preferred/donation' fees: http://www.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?30470-Average-Price-%28BCS-Schools%29-of-Most-Expensive-Ticket

Minnesota is at $660 this year (all "seats" - many of which is just a location on a bench with no back) and is implementing a new preferred/required donation program for 2012-13 that will affect roughly half the arena (ranging from $100-$400).
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 10:13:19 PM »
Louisville is up there too.

Most of the lower bowl sections have a $400/seat donation on top of the $2500-1500 ticket price .. and you must get 4 seats.   Oh, and a $150,000 donation payable over 5 years.[/b[   :o

Upper deck center, $450 seat donation, $500 for tickets and just $100k donation over 5 years.

http://www.uoflsports.com/tickets/lou-season-tickets-m-baskbl.html

Holy $#!+ that's expensive  :o :o :o

Really glad to be a Marquette alum right now, I may be a few years away from getting to true premium seats, but if I can make my driver promotion in 2 years, I could probably afford it. I don't think I could ever afford that at UL.

And of course, I'd feel dirty cheering for that team...
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 07:50:07 AM »
(As a note, I think the $100-150k donations are a one time thing to pay for the YUM center. .. not like every 5 years you need to pony that up.  But yeah, hella spendy.)

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 10:53:31 AM »
Just checked UCLA, their cheapest seats are $399, the same seats at the BC are $125. Their priciest seats are $17,000. Guess the middle ground is center lower bowl, which is $4,400. I think we aren't too bad after seeing that.

What building is that for?  I know UCLA isn't playing in Pauley this year due to renovations.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 05:45:13 PM »
Shocked at the $100M+ PSL (donation).  Scratch like that at MU makes one a pretty important contributor on the very short list for all university props.  I know what we give (outside of basketball related monies) and know that it doesn't take that kind of coin to be important to MU.  Heck, they very much appreciate the annual $100 check from your typical alum.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 11:47:50 PM »
UWM, you can get 2 seats for $99! That's $3.15 per game. "Best Deal in Town"
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 07:42:42 PM »
UWM, you can get 2 seats for $99! That's $3.15 per game. "Best Deal in Town"

That is a good entertainment dollar.  Here's hoping the Panther program continues to strengthen.

feedback