[Today at 10:02:26 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[Today at 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 83 NCAA Champs NC State suffer another life loss  (Read 2222 times)

HouWarrior

• All American
83 NCAA Champs NC State suffer another life loss
« on: June 28, 2011, 06:20:21 PM »
As a UH student during the Phi Slamma Jamma loss to Jim Valvano's NC State team, it seemed the worse loss to accept...ever.
Now, I'm glad their team won..the joy of that moment deserved to be theirs, especially as life after has dealt this team a series of tough blows..beginning with Jimmy V's cancer death, and yesterday, the hero of the game, Lorenzo Charles' death, see:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6710669

Good reason to live every day as if its your last...

..."NC State has lost four members of the 1983 team -- Valvano, who died of cancer in 1993; McLean, who died unexpectedly on April 27; walk-on Quinton Leonard, who died from a heart attack in 2006 at age 44; and now Lorenzo Charles.

"It's just hard to grasp," Sidney Lowe said. "It's just sad now when you talk about that team who have passed away. It's very difficult. You talk about special moments in your life and relationships you have and things you cherish and that's something no one can ever take away from us. We experienced something a lot of athletes will never experience. We have a bond that will never be broken. When I tell you he was a loyal friend to the end -- he was. He was a loyal friend to the end."

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.