'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kostas Antetokounmpo  (Read 83299 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Kostas Antetokounmpo
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2016, 03:54:39 PM »
I predict Kostas develops at least as good as the open roster spots MU has carried the last couple of years and the open roster spot they are positioned to carry this year.

Taking a flyer on a guy who more than likely will never really contribute significant playing time in his career in the hopes that a minor miracle happens is all fine and dandy when you have 9 scholarship players and still have scholarships available even if you just throw a kid a bone. But when you have 12 scholarship players, can play 5 on 5 in practice and still have extra bodies, and only have 1 open scholarship available, there's no doubt the same Scoopers who are crying about not going after Kostas will be crying when a guy the caliber of Luke Fischer decides he wants to look elsewhere at semester end and would love to be at Marquette...but we threw a scholarship to some kid who might as well be the 6th man on MUHS but has a sweet last name so hey, he's gotta be a stud!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2016, 03:58:14 PM »
Patience.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2016, 04:08:01 PM »
I predict Kostas develops at least as good as the open roster spots MU has carried the last couple of years and the open roster spot they are positioned to carry this year.

Transfer season is far from over. Since Young committed to Providence two better options than Kostas have already made themselves available. Dozens more are still to come.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2016, 06:52:52 PM »

Perhaps the coaching staff has made the determination that during a crucial recruiting year, the staff has better uses for its time than to try and teach basketball skills and IQ to someone they don't see benefiting from it.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2016, 11:43:09 AM »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2016, 11:48:13 AM »
Did you read it or scan it and post it?    For all his faults, Dodds is close to the program.   If Dodds is telling Murf to move on that early in a thread, it says all you need to know about the likelihood of Kostas matriculating this year at Marquette.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2016, 12:18:32 PM »
Did you read it or scan it and post it?    For all his faults, Dodds is close to the program.   If Dodds is telling Murf to move on that early in a thread, it says all you need to know about the likelihood of Kostas matriculating this year at Marquette.   

I read it. Dodds  seems to be communicating there are  real academic issues involved.  I guess if that is the case, I am going to have to move on to my next prospect...who we have offered ...Ike.
            ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2016, 05:16:40 PM »
Go read it again.   Mark Miller just about the last nail in the Kostas to MU coffin.   Academics aren't there.   

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2016, 05:33:34 PM »
Go read it again.   Mark Miller just about the last nail in the Kostas to MU coffin.   Academics aren't there.
I just did. Miller says he may be playing overseas. Wow, what a turn of events.
            ---Al McGuire

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2016, 06:12:12 PM »
I just did. Miller says he may be playing overseas. Wow, what a turn of events.

There is no turn of events.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2016, 06:17:11 PM »
There is no turn of events.
It sounds more dramatic.... 8-)
            ---Al McGuire

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2016, 07:12:44 PM »
If his last name were not Antetokounmpo nobody here would be clammoring for MU to recruit him. Besides, big brother will be out of Milwaukee within 2 years.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2016, 07:14:58 PM »
If his last name were not Antetokounmpo nobody here would be clammoring for MU to recruit him. Besides, big brother will be out of Milwaukee within 2 years.

First statement, completely agree.

Second statement, doubtful. They'll max him and he'll stay.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2016, 07:54:17 PM »

Giannis isn't going anywhere.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2016, 08:47:49 PM »
It's interesting to compare the first 3 years of Giannis' career with Kobe Bryant. They're very different players with different games — but there are similarities in terms of how they developed from year to year.

Giannis has improved his offensive rating each season while playing more minutes. Obviously, he still has some pretty big holes in his game. He needs to cut down on fouls and turnovers and become a better shooter. But at just 21 years old, I don't think he's close to reaching his ceiling yet.

"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2016, 09:49:48 PM »
Do you follow the NBA at all? Or like making comments about scenarios you don't understand. It would be unprecedent for Giannis to leave the bucks in two years. Even Lebron signed the extension.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2016, 05:08:56 AM »

what a great time to clean house-heyn'er?  rebuild as they are about to enter a new facility-atta boy billy...i see a real future for you as a GM somewhere
don't...don't don't don't don't

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2016, 05:29:49 AM »
what a great time to clean house-heyn'er?  rebuild as they are about to enter a new facility-atta boy billy...i see a real future for you as a GM somewhere
No he is saying that because of this latest Bucks email fiasco and blunder where their identity and financial records were compromised....

His agent would be a fool to negotiate with the Bucks to keep his client here. They need to trade  him now while they can or at the deadline.

Giannis is not staying here...after this. The Bucks can't be trusted. Watch that news carefully. 

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2016, 05:30:33 AM »
It's interesting to compare the first 3 years of Giannis' career with Kobe Bryant. They're very different players with different games — but there are similarities in terms of how they developed from year to year.

Giannis has improved his offensive rating each season while playing more minutes. Obviously, he still has some pretty big holes in his game. He needs to cut down on fouls and turnovers and become a better shooter. But at just 21 years old, I don't think he's close to reaching his ceiling yet.

Doesn't matter....it won't be here.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2016, 05:48:15 AM »
Do you follow the NBA at all? Or like making comments about scenarios you don't understand. It would be unprecedent for Giannis to leave the bucks in two years. Even Lebron signed the extension.
NO it won't. Not anymore ....I just told you why.

This security breach will not allow him to! Not making $25 million it won't. I bet his agent from Greece would more likely want him in a major market now that this has happened.

If not him then his marketing or shoe deal company will. 

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2016, 05:51:47 AM »
Giannis isn't going anywhere.
Oh yes he is...watch if he does not sue them first. Better hope none of those players lost any money in this scam...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2016, 06:33:46 AM »
This is hilarious.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2016, 09:06:22 AM »
NO it won't. Not anymore ....I just told you why.

This security breach will not allow him to! Not making $25 million it won't. I bet his agent from Greece would more likely want him in a major market now that this has happened.

If not him then his marketing or shoe deal company will.

Bulls fan?

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2016, 09:57:23 AM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2016, 10:06:04 AM »
Giannis is going nowhere because his family loves it in Milwaukee, he's the face of the Bucks, he's playing with a bunch of other guys just out of their teens, the future of the organization is bright, and (the only thing that really matters) he's going to get paid more in Milwaukee than he could anywhere else in the world.