collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1128955 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #10750 on: August 05, 2021, 07:21:24 PM »
I said many times that covid is not going away. Not if everyone in the world is vaccinated, not if every Black or Latino or illegal crossing the border is immunized. The plan should be to get your vaccine and carry on. Everything else from masks to mandates is nothing more than political grandstanding.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10751 on: August 05, 2021, 07:25:49 PM »
It would be much better if he simply says the Delta variant will "go away, like a miracle"; if he sends out his son-in-law to declare victory over it; and if he then ignores it for the rest of his term.

I also like how you keep framing everything in the context of Black people being hesitant to get the vaccine. Almost as fun as roQQet and Doc Dribble constantly blaming furners streaming across the border for Florida, Missouri and Arkansas being Covid shyteshows.

When in doubt, blame the "others."

So, you deny unvaccinated, covid positive are crossing the Mexican border?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10752 on: August 05, 2021, 07:27:59 PM »
Well, you've been making a lot of assumptions when, every time you respond to anything related to vaccine hesitancy, you bring up Black people.

Each of us in this conversation has acknowledged that a lot of Black people are hesitant to get the vaccine because of horrific government programs from past decades.

But Black people aren't the reason Florida is Delta Central right now.

Oh please, the cop out that Blacks in 2021 are guinea pigs is a lame ass excuse. No one is using any group in this chit storm fiasco.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10753 on: August 06, 2021, 12:04:00 AM »
I said many times that covid is not going away. Not if everyone in the world is vaccinated, not if every Black or Latino or illegal crossing the border is immunized.

Cool. Then might as well not even try. Might as well have all your heroes in the political arena continually undermine the process.

I don't deny it at all. I don't know. I haven't seen proof either way. It is logical to assume that many people crossing the border have the virus, yes, and I wish that weren't the case.

What I deny is that those evil furners are responsible for the Delta variant spikes in Florida, Missouri, Arkansas and other red states being overrun by the virus now because their politicians spent more than a year pretending it didn't exist.

Oh please, the cop out that Blacks in 2021 are guinea pigs is a lame ass excuse. No one is using any group in this chit storm fiasco.

Oh please, can't you say this using ebonics as you often do? Come on! It's so cute! Black people love it when old white guys do that almost as much as they love it when old white guys tell them how they should feel about their ancestors having been used as guinea pigs.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10754 on: August 06, 2021, 12:31:09 AM »

Is there evidence that folks crossing the border has been tested and positive?

If so, how do we know they're unvaccinated?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10755 on: August 06, 2021, 05:42:52 AM »
We know nothin' 'cuz numb nuts sweeps it all away, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #10756 on: August 06, 2021, 07:36:36 AM »
I don't deny it at all. I don't know. I haven't seen proof either way. It is logical to assume that many people crossing the border have the virus, yes, and I wish that weren't the case.

What I deny is that those evil furners are responsible for the Delta variant spikes in Florida, Missouri, Arkansas and other red states being overrun by the virus now because their politicians spent more than a year pretending it didn't exist.

Right.  At some point people have to stop blaming brown people who speak a different language for the ridiculous policy decisions that are now severely harming your state's populace.

They're playing a card right out of the Spanish Flu pandemic, which blamed immigrants for the spread of the disease as well.  Even though it was largely false.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2862341/
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #10757 on: August 06, 2021, 08:12:39 AM »

Right.  At some point people have to stop blaming brown people who speak a different language for the ridiculous policy decisions that are now severely harming your state's populace.

They're playing a card right out of the Spanish Flu pandemic, which blamed immigrants for the spread of the disease as well.  Even though it was largely false.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2862341/

Agreed. It’s just a way to pass blame off themselves. “I’m just one person not getting the vaccine, look how many Biden is letting in.” I’m sure it’s not helping, but we have bigger issues in my opinion.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #10758 on: August 06, 2021, 09:14:46 AM »
Edit: nm

this point was already made and I don't want to belabor it.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10759 on: August 06, 2021, 09:19:24 AM »
Is there evidence that folks crossing the border has been tested and positive?

If so, how do we know they're unvaccinated?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/more-1-500-coronavirus-positive-205500567.html

Evidence that 10s of thousands have crossed and been released into general population after testing positive.

This article talks about 1500 in one week in one town at the border.  It’s an absolute mess down there right now. 

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10760 on: August 06, 2021, 09:25:07 AM »
Agreed. It’s just a way to pass blame off themselves. “I’m just one person not getting the vaccine, look how many Biden is letting in.” I’m sure it’s not helping, but we have bigger issues in my opinion.

We have a lot of issues.   The frustration I think a lot of people feel on the right is the attention and criticism from this administration and the media in general is focused only on the problems surrounding the right.  It just further divides and politicizes the pandemic. 

To accuse the right of pointing fingers at migrants as a way of shifting blame off their own leadership issues is no different then the left pointing their fingers at leaders on the right while ignoring the issues and problems the right are pointing at.  If that makes sense.

Like so many other things it’s just two parties yelling past each other. 

• All American
« Reply #10761 on: August 06, 2021, 09:27:03 AM »
To accuse the right of pointing fingers at migrants as a way of shifting blame off their own leadership issues is no different then the left pointing their fingers at leaders on the right while ignoring the issues and problems the right are pointing at.  If that makes sense.

Well, do you really want to compare whose COVID policies have been more harmful to the country and its citizens?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10762 on: August 06, 2021, 09:36:03 AM »

Well, do you really want to compare whose COVID policies have been more harmful to the country and its citizens?

Sure.  What metric would you like to use?

Death rate per 1 million?  Since at the end of the day that’s what all these protocols are aiming to do right?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #10763 on: August 06, 2021, 09:38:23 AM »
We have a lot of issues.   The frustration I think a lot of people feel on the right is the attention and criticism from this administration and the media in general is focused only on the problems surrounding the right.  It just further divides and politicizes the pandemic. 

Like so many other things it’s just two parties yelling past each other.

If the GOP and organizations like Foxnews OANN actively campaigned for vaccination, instead of treating it like a giant government conspiracy. We'd have herd immunity right now, and any migrants who tested positive wouldn't be a problem.

In hot spots like Louisiana, Texas, and Florida, the virus isn't being spread through immigrant communities. So that does not appear to be the problem.

Want a solution. Simple, provide vaccines to every migrant group coming to the border.

• All American
« Reply #10764 on: August 06, 2021, 09:40:29 AM »
Sure.  What metric would you like to use?

Death rate per 1 million?  Since at the end of the day that’s what all these protocols are aiming to do right?

No I am not talking about a state-by-state basis.  I am talking about COVID laws and policies meant to keep people safe until they got vaccinated, then the promotion of vaccines since.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10765 on: August 06, 2021, 09:41:36 AM »
If the GOP and organizations like Foxnews OANN actively campaigned for vaccination, instead of treating it like a giant government conspiracy. We'd have herd immunity right now, and any migrants who tested positive wouldn't be a problem.

In hot spots like Louisiana, Texas, and Florida, the virus isn't being spread through immigrant communities. So that does not appear to be the problem.

Want a solution. Simple, provide vaccines to every migrant group coming to the border.

Love that solution!!  Why aren’t we doing that?

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10766 on: August 06, 2021, 09:44:35 AM »

No I am not talking about a state-by-state basis.  I am talking about COVID laws and policies meant to keep people safe until they got vaccinated, then the promotion of vaccines since.

To much objectivity and personal preference to that comparison.  I prefer irrefutable data.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #10767 on: August 06, 2021, 09:47:19 AM »
To much objectivity and personal preference to that comparison.  I prefer irrefutable data.

Based on your post history, this is not true.

That was thrown underhand, I feel guilty for taking a swing.

• All American
« Reply #10768 on: August 06, 2021, 09:47:56 AM »
To much objectivity and personal preference to that comparison.

In other words, it pains you to use your brain and it won't make you look good. 

I prefer irrefutable data.

Without understanding the differences between geographic locations and what policies people in locations control.

You've been a joke in this topic from the beginning.  You continue to show your ass now. 

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10769 on: August 06, 2021, 09:48:32 AM »
Based on your post history, this is not true.

That was thrown underhand, I feel guilty for taking a swing.

What’s not true?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10770 on: August 06, 2021, 09:48:41 AM »
We know nothin' 'cuz numb nuts sweeps it all away, hey?

Wow ... what a mean thing to say about Gov. DeSantis, who ranks behind only Gov. Douchie in NY for covering up the severity of the virus in his state.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10771 on: August 06, 2021, 09:50:42 AM »
You've been a joke in this topic from the beginning.  You continue to show your ass now.
Troll is getting what he wants. Stop feeding him.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10772 on: August 06, 2021, 09:52:59 AM »
In other words, it pains you to use your brain and it won't make you look good. 

Without understanding the differences between geographic locations and what policies people in locations control.

No, I just know my brain and policy preference is different then yours so what you find to be good policy I might not and vice versa.

Just like sports, there’s different playbooks and schemes to win or lose a game.  With Covid elected officials had the impossible task of making decisions (often times educated guesses) as to how to keep their citizens as safe as possible. 

Little early on a Friday to be calling people an ass imo.

• All American
« Reply #10773 on: August 06, 2021, 09:55:03 AM »
Just like sports, there’s different playbooks and schemes to win or lose a game.  With Covid elected officials had the impossible task of making decisions (often times educated guesses) as to how to keep their citizens as safe as possible. 

This might be literally the dumbest thing you have said on this board.  The playbook was obvious. 

Little early on a Friday to be calling people an ass imo.

Oh hell no.  I would have done it at 12:01 AM had I been awake.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #10774 on: August 06, 2021, 09:56:06 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning#:~:text=Sealioning%20(also%20spelled%20sea%2Dlioning,invitations%20to%20engage%20in%20debate%22.

Sealioning (also spelled sea-lioning and sea lioning) is a type of trolling or harassment that consists of pursuing people with persistent requests for evidence or repeated questions, while maintaining a pretense of civility and sincerity.[1][2][3][4] It may take the form of "incessant, bad-faith invitations to engage in debate"