[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[May 05, 2024, 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Thank you, Theo  (Read 3472 times)

tower912

• All American
Thank you, Theo
« on: March 07, 2021, 07:04:42 AM »
You came in as a bigger Faisal Abraham.  You left frequently having the offense run throu you in the post.   Your offensive game has improved immensely.   I love that your last basket at Fiserv was a thunderous backboard rattling two handed dunk. 
Defensively, a wonderful shot blocker and physical presence.   Despite having a bullseye on your back from the refs.

Thank you for being an exemplary representative of Marquette.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUINGB

• Starter
Re: Thank you, Theo
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 07:24:27 AM »
Well said Tower, a great MU rep.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 07:58:33 AM »
Couldn't agree more. He clearly worked exceedingly hard at his game and represented well both on and off the court.

The only good thing about him moving on is I don't have to hear my wife swoon "oh, my" once a game after a flex.

djvern414

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 08:05:19 AM »
Don't forget his work on the stripe... Never seen a big man improve that much. Also, fought through injuries/pain every year with no complaints.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 08:51:48 AM »
Have very much enjoyed having Theo on the team, in the program and at Marquette in general.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 08:53:19 AM »
Any chance he returns? Another year of a Theo, Dawson and healthy JL front line rotation would not be a bad thing.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2021, 08:57:10 AM »
Any chance he returns? Another year of a Theo, Dawson and healthy JL front line rotation would not be a bad thing.
In Thursday’s pre-game presser, Theo said he has done his 4 years and is moving on with life.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2021, 09:00:48 AM »
In Thursday’s pre-game presser, Theo said he has done his 4 years and is moving on with life.

I somehow missed that. It's good to know that so the program has clarity. Not sure if Jamal and Koby have said similar.

If I were Theo, Jamal or Koby, I'd be thinking it's time to move on to my life's next adventure. And IMHO very few players, around the entire nation, are going to repeat their senior seasons.

College is fun and rewarding, but life awaits.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2021, 09:09:24 AM »
We will really miss Theo next year.  Was so fun seeing him develop as a player.   And his free throw percentage,  unreal improvement.  One of my favorite all time players at MU

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2021, 09:19:09 AM »
We will really miss Theo next year.  Was so fun seeing him develop as a player.   And his free throw percentage,  unreal improvement.  One of my favorite all time players at MU
My thoughts as well. My favorite player the last few years.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

axaguy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2021, 09:41:33 AM »
Theo's greatest improvement came between freshman and sophomore seasons, in my opinion, when his ability seemed to leapfrog. Though he has continued throughout, since then.
He's a genuinely nice guy. He was gracious to agree to a photo with my grandson when we met after a game his freshman year at Rock Bottom where he was with his family.
Enjoyed his enthusiasm, dedication and commitment to work hard on his game...
Thanks for your efforts, Theo. Wish you all the best in your future.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2021, 10:13:13 AM »
One of my favorite Marquette players over the past decade. Slots in at #2 right behind DJO.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2021, 10:32:00 AM »

The only good thing about him moving on is I don't have to hear my wife swoon "oh, my" once a game after a flex.

I can relate!  ;D

We were fortunate enough to spend some time with Theo at the Thanksgiving tournament in Brooklyn. He is a fine young gentleman that represents Marquette well. He’s one of our family’s favorites as well.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2021, 11:01:49 AM »
Theo did a great job improving his FT's and deserves a lot of credit battling through injuries.   However, my overall take is both Jamal and Theo would have benefited a lot from good coaching.  Their potential was always there.  They improved as all kids generally do in 4 yrs but their potential is much higher than we have seen imo.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 11:12:22 AM by MuggsyB »

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2021, 11:04:30 AM »
Theo is an all time personal favorite for me, for the reasons stated. Thank you, Theo.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2021, 11:10:39 AM »
Theo did a great job improving his FT's and deserves a lot of credit battling through injuries.   However, my overall take is both Jamal and Theo would have benefited a lot from good coaching.  Their potential was always there.  They improved as all kids generally do in 4 yrs but there potential is much higher than we have seen imo.

I believe both kids improved,  but both have issues in there game.  I disagree that better coaching would have helped them.  Theo has come along way, as he was
a foul happening every minute earlier in his career.  Offensively, it is a shame he could not go up with one hand and dunk.  Has small hands, is that the coaches problem?
Maybe he could have learned to face the basket and shoot a jumper, did not learn that.  For Cain, he was a turnover happening everytime he put the ball on the ground.
If you think the coaches have not worked on his dribbling, I think your wrong there.  Both kids were not Top 100 kids, but both gave there all.  Complimentary type players, not stars.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2021, 11:14:36 AM »
I believe both kids improved,  but both have issues in there game.  I disagree that better coaching would have helped them.  Theo has come along way, as he was
a foul happening every minute earlier in his career.  Offensively, it is a shame he could not go up with one hand and dunk.  Has small hands, is that the coaches problem?
Maybe he could have learned to face the basket and shoot a jumper, did not learn that.  For Cain, he was a turnover happening everytime he put the ball on the ground.
If you think the coaches have not worked on his dribbling, I think your wrong there.  Both kids were not Top 100 kids, but both gave there all.  Complimentary type players, not stars.

We'll agree to disagree here.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2021, 11:41:38 AM »
I’m hoping Theo joins the TBT team.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2021, 11:44:32 AM »
I’m hoping Theo joins the TBT team.

Yes.  And can we snag Vander?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2021, 04:29:00 PM »

I think you're mostly right.

The improvement of Theo and Jamal are positives of Wojo and his assistants.

Each player has pretty significant limitations and, yes, each is a role player.

We'll agree to disagree here.

Curious, Muggs ... what were you disagreeing with? Do you think the players improved DESPITE the coaches? Do you think better coaches would have helped them improve more or faster? Do you think either is more than a role player-type?

Of those 3 questions, the only one I can answer even "maybe" to is the second one. Maybe better coaching would have gotten even more out of them and sooner. But Theo and Jamal are who they are, IMHO, and neither would have been a star for any P6 program.

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2021, 08:40:18 AM »
Despite having a bullseye on your back from the refs.

Thank you for being an exemplary representative of Marquette.

Not only did he have a bullseye on his back from the refs, every time he had terrible calls go against him, he kept his cool and never overreacted.  I was thoroughly impressed with his ability to not get too heated in the moment.

I am certain if I had been officiated the way he was, I most certainly would have racked up several technical fouls (at the very least).

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2021, 11:37:25 AM »
Love Theo.  Remember going to watch him play in HS after he committed - feels like forever ago.  He turned into a really nice post player.  Really was hoping he'd return for an extra lap, but understand the young man wanting to get a paycheck.  Wish him nothing but the best.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

feedback