[Today at 08:09:02 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[Today at 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hoya thoughts  (Read 17284 times)

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
Re: Hoya thoughts
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2015, 08:23:24 PM »
Yes, we played hard! I like the hustle, good things still to come!

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2015, 08:24:19 PM »
3 turnovers alone from happy feet at the top of the key. C'mon now...

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2015, 08:24:35 PM »
That was just an incredible display of basketball suckitude.

Tim Brando was awful.  He kept calling players-who-aren't-Taylor "Taylor."  Then the went rambling on about DePaul's resurgence and that Illinois owns Chicago recruiting.  W....T....F????

I really can't think of any redeeming performances by any Warrior tonight.  

Yes--I get when you mix up the Wilsons, but he called Duane Wilson "Taylor" at least twice.
When he made that comment about Illinois getting Chicago kids-I said out loud--what the hell is he talking about?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 08:27:39 PM »
When in the lead at the end, Carlino in the game.  When behind, Derrick.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2015, 08:27:49 PM »
While I agree he does make some passes that just make you "wonder what the heck?" he had 1 turnover tonight, so I don't know how he had a number of passes that ended up just being handed back to Georgetown.

He had at least two -- the one in the first half he threw towards the sideline that lead to a breakaway for GU, and the one late throwing it to the high post, plus the other time in the first half he inbounded from under the basket and threw it over Luke's head leading to another GU breakaway.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2015, 08:29:07 PM »
Luke needs to rebound. Played 30+ minutes and had 2. Maybe 3. Carlino continues to disappoint.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2015, 08:30:25 PM »
While I agree he does make some passes that just make you "wonder what the heck?" he had 1 turnover tonight, so I don't know how he had a number of passes that ended up just being handed back to Georgetown.

If the box score shows him with only one TO then they a giving TO's he caused to other players because the ball touched their hands before being stolen.  I can remember 4 separate situations where he "created" the turn over with a bad pass.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2015, 08:32:23 PM »
I'd argue Luke didn't suck.  Missed FTs early but otherwise played well.

He was thoroughly outworked on the boards.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2015, 08:35:40 PM »
Meanwhile in Milwaukee, the Bucks are looking good against the Suns.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2015, 08:39:01 PM »

He was thoroughly outworked on the boards.

Agree he had too few, and he only had three boards last game I believe.  I'll give him a slight pass given he had to try to move Josh Smith.  Still, I think he was one of the few that made a positive overall contribution.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2015, 08:42:48 PM »
If the box score shows him with only one TO then they a giving TO's he caused to other players because the ball touched their hands before being stolen.  I can remember 4 separate situations where he "created" the turn over with a bad pass.

ESPN box score has been updated to show 3 TO for Carlino now

brandx

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2015, 08:44:05 PM »

There is NO WAY that Matt had only 1 TO tonite.

Edit: Sorry, TSmith - didn't see your post.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2015, 08:44:35 PM »
When in the lead at the end, Carlino in the game.  When behind, Derrick.

I get the idea, and it did play itself out that way this game, but there is something to be said for looking to score as the clock is running down in a game where you're behind (which is what Carlino does--well, he always does it), as compared to being so deliberate with the ball for fear of committing a turnover (which is what Derrick typically does).

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2015, 08:45:45 PM »
There is NO WAY that Matt had only 1 TO tonite.

The ESPN boxscore has one.  But TSmith was right about the two he remembered.  I am not sure if the out of bounds play is considered a turnover, but that was clearly his fault as well.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2015, 08:47:00 PM »
Face facts we simply don't have a good pg, you know this when derrick wilson is the best one we have.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2015, 08:56:44 PM »
Had to listen on radio. Homer and Mac kept talking about how JJJ and Duane would drive towards the basket but rather than go into the defender and draw a foul they twist themselves to avoid contact and then miss the shot. Any truth to that?

brandx

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2015, 08:58:34 PM »
Had to listen on radio. Homer and Mac kept talking about how JJJ and Duane would drive towards the basket but rather than go into the defender and draw a foul they twist themselves to avoid contact and then miss the shot. Any truth to that?

Absolutely - and that is where another year in the weight room will help.

They are still two young guys learning the college game.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2015, 09:05:22 PM »
Georgetown 23 for 28,  MU 8 for 12 on free throws.

Fischer shooting 80% from field and only takes six shots.

exactly

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2015, 09:12:23 PM »
I'm continually underwhelmed by Carlino's decision making and carelessness with the ball.  He seems to be playing for himself out there

SCIII seemed freaked out tonight.  For as good as he was Sat he was a dumpster fire with the ball in his hands.

Better than I expected, let down because MU should have stole this one.  Did I hear correctly that GT had 6 field goals in the 2nd half?

Agreed. Matt is not that great of a 3-point shooter, he's certainly had some good stretches in the season (especially against GT), but his results have been average otherwise. Especially of late. What kills me is to continuously see him jack up threes when they haven't been falling for the past month. IMO Matt can be special driving to the basket and improvising, I really wish he did that more often. ESPECIALLY if him driving to the basket could replace some of the wild 3-point shots. Hell, it might even force the opposing teams to give him a little more space on the three...

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2015, 09:17:24 PM »
Are we ever going to have a good shooting game from the floor? Luke is a welcome addition, but not much of a rebounder.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2015, 09:19:20 PM »

The ESPN boxscore has one.  But TSmith was right about the two he remembered.  I am not sure if the out of bounds play is considered a turnover, but that was clearly his fault as well.

They have increased it to 3 now.  That is a more accurate count.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2015, 09:31:23 PM »

STJ had moments. He plays well at Georgetown. Waiting for a Novak like Junior year...all,of a sudden turns it on.

You cannot possibly be serious.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2015, 09:31:54 PM »
We are a very small team w/o muscle, I don't get STjr. at all, he hasn't improved at all. Last year was truly a wasted year
for most of these guys.

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2015, 09:38:14 PM »
We are a very small team w/o muscle, I don't get STjr. at all, he hasn't improved at all. Last year was truly a wasted year
for most of these guys.

That's an understatement. Most of the players are increbibly weak relative to the competition. Big change from what we are used to from the last 5 years or so.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2015, 09:49:30 PM »
Remember when we played Murray State a couple years ago and their coach said MU looked like a football team
during our pre-game warm-ups.

feedback