'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MurphysTillClose
[Today at 01:45:25 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 01:42:55 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Raleigh Talk Radio  (Read 38526 times)

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
Re: Raleigh Talk Radio
« Reply #225 on: April 09, 2019, 05:19:25 AM »
Sorry, after the funeral at the get together to reminisce about the departed.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #226 on: April 09, 2019, 08:16:29 AM »
An ex coworker was on the US team in Beijing. She said we don’t see the worst part of the game, what goes on under the water, it’s vicious.

Soccer is about endurance. Guys like Bastian Schweinstieger running 10 miles during the game, that’s insane and impressive.

Very cool! It looks like 80% of that team went to UCLA or USC, did you two work together in SoCal?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #227 on: April 09, 2019, 08:24:53 AM »
Very cool! It looks like 80% of that team went to UCLA or USC, did you two work together in SoCal?
USC and Stanford have won the last nine women's championships, with UCLA winning 5 in a row before that.  No school outside those three has even been runner-up since 2004.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #228 on: April 09, 2019, 08:41:03 AM »
USC and Stanford have won the last nine women's championships, with UCLA winning 5 in a row before that.  No school outside those three has even been runner-up since 2004.

Definitely seems to be a California-dominated sport. Almost exclusively Californian in fact! Never knew that, very interesting.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #229 on: April 09, 2019, 08:41:39 AM »
I would rather watch a 0-0 soccer match than just about any football game. It's painfully boring. I want to watch actual game action. Football has 11 minutes of that in a 3+ hour timespan. Soccer has 95+ minutes of action in 2 hours.

And it's worse for the players because with the offense/defense swap outs, those players are only spending about 5 minutes every 3 hours doing something (factoring a minute for special teams). How is that fun? In soccer, you're actually playing the game those 95+ minutes.

I'm amazed anyone is physically capable of sitting still for an entire football game when literally 93.9% of the time there is absolutely nothing going on.

You and I define "action" a little differently.  I find soccer really boring even though they are constantly playing because so little of it is play that will lead to something tangible, and football just as bad, because if you flip to a football game you are probably 5 or 6 times more likely to land on a commercial than live play.

But I like baseball, which most people consider the most boring sport of them all.  To each his own.  I wouldn't presume to tell anybody what they should like.  The older I get, though, the more my sports viewing habits have been reduced to MLB and NCAA hoops, which are the two sports I played through high school.  I understand the NBA is higher quality than NCAA, and I can't tell you why I like college hoops better, but I just do.

Oh, and though it is not a sport since it is judged, rhythmic gymnastics is the most underrated view in all of sports.  Its like a really good circus act.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

feedback