'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Adios, Carolyn Kieger  (Read 23229 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: Adios, Carolyn Kieger (?)
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2019, 08:17:42 PM »
She’s no Buzz.

Been announced for a couple hours and still hasn’t updated her social media graphics.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2019, 09:15:52 PM »
I mean...and I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone that follows the MU women's program a lot closer than I do...but, isn't it fair to ask, that given the last two teams she had were probably the best teams in MU's program history(correct me if I'm wrong), and with an incredibly talented and experienced teams like she had these last two years shouldn't she have made at least one Sweet 16?? I know she built the program up tremendously from where it was, and she deserves a lot of credit for that... a lot. But, if they couldn't get to at least one Sweet 16 the last two years with all that talent and experience, when will they ever?? I guess what I'm asking is..weren't her tournament results relatively disappointing considering how talented they were the last two years??

I know they lost Davenport this year and that hurt, and I know McCray was unable to play and had she been able to they may have been Final Four good, but even without those two, weren't they good enough to make at least one Sweet 16 the last couple of years??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2019, 09:22:42 PM »
That was the team goal. It's harder in the women's game if you are not a top 16 seed as your 2nd round game will be a true road game.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 09:24:14 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2019, 09:23:50 PM »
I mean...and I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone that follows the MU women's program a lot closer than I do...but, isn't it fair to ask, that given the last two teams she had were probably the best teams in MU's program history(correct me if I'm wrong), and with an incredibly talented and experienced teams like she had these last two years shouldn't she have made at least one Sweet 16?? I know she built the program up tremendously from where it was, and she deserves a lot of credit for that... a lot. But, if they couldn't get to at least one Sweet 16 the last two years with all that talent and experience, when will they ever?? I guess what I'm asking is..weren't her tournament results relatively disappointing considering how talented they were the last two years??

I know they lost Davenport this year and that hurt, and I know McCray was unable to play and had she been able to they may have been Final Four good, but even without those two, weren't they good enough to make at least one Sweet 16 the last couple of years??

You really have to crap on everything, don't you? 

« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 09:39:53 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2019, 09:50:10 PM »
Marquette's top recruit Shemera Williams announced tonight she's reopening her recruitment - Marquette is still technically in the mix but not sure what the chances are she'll still come to MU:

https://twitter.com/_Swilliams10/status/1113633748082483201

muguru

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2019, 10:07:21 PM »

I'm asking an honest question that I truly don't know the answer to. I don't follow the women's team more than casually at best. I apologize that you took offense to it..that was not my intent, at all.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2019, 10:37:10 PM »

It is absolute shocker that this is your POV

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2019, 10:43:51 PM »
We rip Buzz for leaving the cupboard bare when he left but Kieger is leaving the program with 8 recruits for next season that now may or may not come.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2019, 11:07:53 PM »

Usually I would be against congratulating and thanking a departing coach, but the dynamics of women’s college hoops allows it. Penn State is a next-level opportunity when it comes to women’s basketball. Not sure that playing field will ever be level.

A friend’s daughter recently starred for Grant HS here in suburban Illinois, so I attended many games. The talent gap from the top teams to the next lower level is a giant chasm. That recruiting pool feeds the NCAA talent disparity. The financial need to create true tournament home teams doesn’t help break the oligarchy. It’s getting better than it was. Pat Summit, Muff McGraw, and Geno Aurriema are all decent coaches, but they were/are playing with a stacked deck. Aurriema is a class A prick as well, and I heard stories about him long before he dissed the Catholic 7.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2019, 12:10:55 AM »
She got good coin to make the move. Happy for her.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2019, 02:28:48 AM »

We all know how close you were with Coach Peters . How many games did you attend to cheer her on?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2019, 04:39:00 AM »
Usually I would be against congratulating and thanking a departing coach, but the dynamics of women’s college hoops allows it. Penn State is a next-level opportunity when it comes to women’s basketball. Not sure that playing field will ever be level.

A friend’s daughter recently starred for Grant HS here in suburban Illinois, so I attended many games. The talent gap from the top teams to the next lower level is a giant chasm. That recruiting pool feeds the NCAA talent disparity. The financial need to create true tournament home teams doesn’t help break the oligarchy. It’s getting better than it was. Pat Summit, Muff McGraw, and Geno Aurriema are all decent coaches, but they were/are playing with a stacked deck. Aurriema is a class A prick as well, and I heard stories about him long before he dissed the Catholic 7.

What did he say about the C7?

Edit: nevermind I found it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 06:43:58 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2019, 06:53:59 AM »
We all know how close you were with Coach Peters . How many games did you attend to cheer her on?

It must be killing you that it's the last time you will be able to use that joke.

At least my gaffe was an honest mistake, unlike, you know, plagiarism...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 07:02:40 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2019, 06:58:58 AM »
We rip Buzz for leaving the cupboard bare when he left but Kieger is leaving the program with 8 recruits for next season that now may or may not come.

Buzz took the men's program for everything he could get, including money and power. He bailed for a lesser program as soon as it stopped working for him, and on his way out he tried to take everything he could with him (recruits, intel on prospects, etc.)

Coach Kieger, on the other hand, elevated the women's program to a new level with little, if any, personal fanfare. Her achievements were noticed by a program that is at an even higher level, and they offered her a job that is indisputably a step up. Good for her. I wish her the best.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:06:45 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2019, 07:00:27 AM »

Isn't this more on Mitchell? She was the one who initially unbalanced the classes.
Maigh Eo for Sam

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2019, 07:41:17 AM »
Marquette's top recruit Shemera Williams announced tonight she's reopening her recruitment - Marquette is still technically in the mix but not sure what the chances are she'll still come to MU:

https://twitter.com/_Swilliams10/status/1113633748082483201

She's probably waiting to see who the new coach is.  However, she goes to HS like four blocks from MU's campus.  I gotta imagine MU is still VERY MUCH in the mix.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2019, 09:24:16 AM »
It must be killing you that it's the last time you will be able to use that joke.

Macho snowflake ain't gonna own up to that one

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2019, 02:01:24 PM »
Isn't this more on Mitchell? She was the one who initially unbalanced the classes.

Between Coach Mitchell, her leaving, decommitts and transfers all added up to the TOTAL drastic class unbalance.... ?-(

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2019, 02:26:05 PM »

No, your "gaffe" was because you are socially inept.

By the way, how many patents do you have?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Adios, Carolyn Kieger
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2019, 02:32:20 PM »
Keefe, how does the second paragraph relate to the first one?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2019, 02:41:02 PM »

Spoken like someone with zero patents

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2019, 02:53:19 PM »

Ma Kettle made two statements.

The second is her reference to the stupid claim of plagiarism made by St Norbert's Jon. 

The essence of innovation is creativity and its validation is a patent granted by the USPTO. Not only did one of our patents get identified as having "significant environmental benefit" and was therefore selected for accelerated review but we were invited to meet Pres Obama in recognition of the ingenuity we demonstrated.

We are currently deploying several of our technologies in partnership with GE.

Plagiarists tend not to develop compelling, sophisticated technologies that make a real difference in the world. But asking a relatively dull bean counter to understand how game-changing technology is developed is like asking Wojo to win a first round game in the Dance.   

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2019, 02:56:27 PM »
So if someone has a patent, they are exempt from plagiarism? That doesn't make sense to me.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2019, 03:27:51 PM »
Kieger’s interview in Marquette Wire sounded like Buzz Williams 5 years ago.  Said she wanted to be where football is at, a chance to win national titles.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2019, 03:33:07 PM »
Ma Kettle made two statements.

The second is her reference to the stupid claim of plagiarism made by St Norbert's Jon. 

The essence of innovation is creativity and its validation is a patent granted by the USPTO. Not only did one of our patents get identified as having "significant environmental benefit" and was therefore selected for accelerated review but we were invited to meet Pres Obama in recognition of the ingenuity we demonstrated.

We are currently deploying several of our technologies in partnership with GE.

Plagiarists tend not to develop compelling, sophisticated technologies that make a real difference in the world. But asking a relatively dull bean counter to understand how game-changing technology is developed is like asking Wojo to win a first round game in the Dance.   

I write and prosecute patents for a living, and this may be the oddest take on the patent process that I've seen.  I have no clue about the plagiarism backstory, but I promise you that there are plenty of plagiarists developing (and patenting) sophisticated technologies.  In fact, because there's $$ involved, it's often pretty prevalent.  Not saying that's true at all in your case, just pointing out that it's a weird hill to stand on.

Back on point, congrats to Coach Kieger.  PSU is a good women's program, and the Big Ten is certainly a step up in the women's game.

feedback