collapse

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by MUDPT
[May 04, 2024, 10:05:13 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[May 04, 2024, 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[May 04, 2024, 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: More Signs Football Has Peaked In Popularity  (Read 22768 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: More Signs Football Has Peaked In Popularity
« Reply #175 on: October 01, 2017, 07:48:17 PM »
No sport wraps itself in the flag more than NASCAR does. It is a lily-white sport owned by lily-white rich folks, filled with lily-white "athletes," watched by lily-white fans.

Despite all this patriotism, NASCAR ratings have been going down for years. This past season, they tanked. They would kill for the NFL's "ratings problem."

http://awfulannouncing.com/ratings/foxfs1-ends-2017-nascar-season-yet-another-ratings-low.html

Fox Sports has ended another NASCAR season and it continued its theme for 2017 finishing with another ratings low. The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup race at Sonoma on FS1 Sunday finished with a 2.0 final rating and 3.2 million viewers. That’s down 17% in ratings and viewership from last year (2.4/3.9 million).

That’s the lowest rating for the race dating back to 1998 and lowest viewership since 2002. Sports Media Watch points out that when the race aired on TNT in 2012, Sonoma had a 3.3 rating and 5.2 million viewers. For the season, Fox/FS1’s 15 Cup races either set or tied a multi-year ratings low. Twelve races set or tied multi-year viewership lows.

Whitey loves him some all-American patriotic sports! Plus, they've got Danica Patrick showing side boob in all kinds of advertisements.

How is that decline possible?

I won't even bother putting together a montage of photos showing NASCAR fans disrespecting the flag in all sorts of ways - wearing it as clothing, making doggie bandanas out of it, using it for tablecloths and - the down-home favorite - flying it on the same pole as the Confederate flag.

But those are some real patriots! Yee-haw!
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/nascar-denny-hamlin-race-attendance-richmond-international-speedway
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #176 on: October 01, 2017, 08:13:32 PM »
Two fold answer.  The media drives the discussion, they aren't playing it even handed which they should be.  We can't ignore that or take the focus off that part.

Yes, it is important to understand what is going on, but Kap said originally this had to do with police actions against black men leading to deaths.  Why, then, are they not focusing on where they can do so much greater good for the minority community? The deaths of minorities at the hands of other minorities would save countless lives. Thousands of lives a year lost. 

Where should the focus be?  Attacking police?  Protesting an Anthem and flag?  Feels like the focus is lacking and where the most good can happen is within the community in my opinion.

Thank you for the response.

I view the protests (as they've been coopted) as more about equality, justice, fighting against racism, etc. In that regard, it goes beyond just minority communities, police, etc.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #177 on: October 01, 2017, 08:45:08 PM »
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/nascar-denny-hamlin-race-attendance-richmond-international-speedway

Wow.  Mind blown.

NASCAR driver drops a knowledge bomb that when it's hot, people might not sit in 90* heat to watch guys turn left for 3 hours.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 08:49:45 PM by reinko »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #178 on: October 01, 2017, 10:10:49 PM »
I'm done arguing with two white boys who are convinced they are part of the persecuted class. It's a dark hole (pun intended), and I won't be dragged down it.

They can't have a civil discussion. Smuggles, out of ideas, resorts to name-calling as usual. The other guy was banned a year ago but has been allowed back to do what he does.

Anybody intelligent interested in discussing one of the most serious issues of our time (and I'm not talking about whether NFL popularity has peaked or not), I'm all ears. But I'm ignoring Smuggles and Banny McBannerson.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #179 on: October 01, 2017, 10:57:18 PM »
I'm done arguing with two white boys who are convinced they are part of the persecuted class. It's a dark hole (pun intended), and I won't be dragged down it.

They can't have a civil discussion. Smuggles, out of ideas, resorts to name-calling as usual. The other guy was banned a year ago but has been allowed back to do what he does.

Anybody intelligent interested in discussing one of the most serious issues of our time (and I'm not talking about whether NFL popularity has peaked or not), I'm all ears. But I'm ignoring Smuggles and Banny McBannerson.
Just another failed journalist who can't accept a conservative black man.

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #180 on: October 01, 2017, 10:59:28 PM »
Just another failed journalist who can't accept a conservative black man.

Huh?

I wasn't talking about you, and in fact agreed with you earlier in this stream.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #181 on: October 01, 2017, 11:23:50 PM »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #182 on: October 02, 2017, 03:06:19 AM »
Show us where Kap prayed for dead cops.
Thanks

He’s praised black lives matter, a terrorist organization that has had several people kill cops in their name, and had its members chant in rallies for the death of more cops.

His tweet a few post above calls for nothing short of the end of the United States. But you’ll let your ideology twist it into something nice, loving and what school children should be taught.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 04:06:46 AM by 1.21 Jigawatts »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #183 on: October 02, 2017, 03:11:07 AM »

Again with the moral superiority.  We’re all a bunch of mouth breathing hee-haws not deserving of your intellect.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #184 on: October 02, 2017, 03:22:05 AM »
Wisconsin and  Pennsylvania voted for Trump. And the biggest collection of Trump voters in those states is game this Sunday at Lambeau and Heinz Field.  This is why these protests are so unpopular and have the owners so worried.

Long ESPN story detailing the owner’s worst nightmare. They’ve lost control of the players and they don’t know how to get it back. And they fear it’s going to destroy the league before it’s all over.

NFL owners struggled to retain control after Trump's attacks, rise of player protests
http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/20865444/inside-story-happened-players-took-control-nfl-national-anthem

Nobody was kidding when many of the NFL's highest-profile owners, including Robert Kraft of the New England Patriots and Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys, expressed concerns last week that the optics of hundreds of players kneeling, sitting or remaining in the locker room during the playing of the national anthem had alienated many fans at a particularly perilous moment for the NFL. TV ratings for many of this year's games have continued a slide that began last season; some league sponsors have grown skittish about the backlash; and most surveys have shown that a majority of NFL fans are turned off by the politicization of the game.

To the commissioner's suggestion that the protests should end, Smith said, "My only response was, 'I don't have the power to tell our players what to do.' ... At the end of the day, this is a group of players who are exercising their freedom. There is no room for me to snap my fingers and tell our players, 'It's time for you to give up a freedom.' Just the idea offends me. It's almost as if the players are being asked, 'What's it going to take for you to stop asking to be free or to be treated like an American?'"

Then the topic turned to the subject of angry fan bases and nervous sponsors. The Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers, in particular, each had received significant blowback from their fan bases and sponsors. Fans had booed the Patriots and Cardinals for kneeling, and disgusted fans posted on Facebook and YouTube videos of them burning NFL merchandise.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 04:07:54 AM by 1.21 Jigawatts »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #185 on: October 02, 2017, 07:22:34 AM »
He’s praised black lives matter, a terrorist organization that has had several people kill cops in their name, and had its members chant in rallies for the death of more cops.

His tweet a few post above calls for nothing short of the end of the United States. But you’ll let your ideology twist it into something nice, loving and what school children should be taught.

Dear God, Black Lives Matters is not a terrorist organization. They are a peaceful non-violent organization that has denounced anyone who has called for the killing of cops. Calling them a terrorist organization because a few crazy people have justified violence  using their name would be like me calling all of Islam a terrorsist organization or all of Christianity a terrorist organization.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #186 on: October 02, 2017, 07:45:32 AM »
Dear God, Black Lives Matters is not a terrorist organization. They are a peaceful non-violent organization that has denounced anyone who has called for the killing of cops. Calling them a terrorist organization because a few crazy people have justified violence  using their name would be like me calling all of Islam a terrorsist organization or all of Christianity a terrorist organization.

Dear God, are you naive.  They fit every definition of a terrorist organization, banking on guilty whites incapable of calling them what they despite the devastation done in their name.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/449654/black-lives-matter-womens-march-embrace-terrorists-media-should-call-them-it

Let’s begin with a thought experiment. Imagine if one of America’s largest and most-respected pro-life organizations tweeted birthday greetings to Robert Dear, the terrorist who attacked a Planned Parenthood clinic in 2015. Imagine the reaction if an allegedly mainstream conservative organization said “happy birthday” to Dylann Roof, the white-supremacist murderer who slaughtered nine innocent people in Charleston. How would the media respond? What would the tweets reveal about the character and intentions of the people running the organization? Should well-meaning Americans continue to support groups that applaud violent, vicious terrorists?

How would the media respond? What would the tweets reveal about the character and intentions of the people running the organization? Should well-meaning Americans continue to support groups that applaud violent, vicious terrorists? The answers are obvious. Of course the media would and should absolutely roast any conservative group that applauded “pro-life” or white-supremacist violence. Of course well-meaning Americans should shun and withdraw support for groups that celebrate terrorists. And of course support for terrorists would reveal a moral corruption at the heart of even the most popular organizations. Unless, however, those groups are on the left, their leaders are progressive radicals, and the terrorists they applaud are cop-killers. Then, the media ignores the outrage, elevates the outrageous, and maintains the charade that key elements of the progressive #Resistance represent nothing more than a spontaneous, reasonable, and virtuous response to a dangerous and authoritarian president.

Doubt me? Consider the reverence reserved for the Women’s March and Black Lives Matter.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/437694/black-lives-matter-hypocrisy-cheering-violence

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #187 on: October 02, 2017, 07:52:32 AM »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #188 on: October 02, 2017, 08:30:31 AM »
Dear God, are you naive.  They fit every definition of a terrorist organization, banking on guilty whites incapable of calling them what they despite the devastation done in their name.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/449654/black-lives-matter-womens-march-embrace-terrorists-media-should-call-them-it

Let’s begin with a thought experiment. Imagine if one of America’s largest and most-respected pro-life organizations tweeted birthday greetings to Robert Dear, the terrorist who attacked a Planned Parenthood clinic in 2015. Imagine the reaction if an allegedly mainstream conservative organization said “happy birthday” to Dylann Roof, the white-supremacist murderer who slaughtered nine innocent people in Charleston. How would the media respond? What would the tweets reveal about the character and intentions of the people running the organization? Should well-meaning Americans continue to support groups that applaud violent, vicious terrorists?

How would the media respond? What would the tweets reveal about the character and intentions of the people running the organization? Should well-meaning Americans continue to support groups that applaud violent, vicious terrorists? The answers are obvious. Of course the media would and should absolutely roast any conservative group that applauded “pro-life” or white-supremacist violence. Of course well-meaning Americans should shun and withdraw support for groups that celebrate terrorists. And of course support for terrorists would reveal a moral corruption at the heart of even the most popular organizations. Unless, however, those groups are on the left, their leaders are progressive radicals, and the terrorists they applaud are cop-killers. Then, the media ignores the outrage, elevates the outrageous, and maintains the charade that key elements of the progressive #Resistance represent nothing more than a spontaneous, reasonable, and virtuous response to a dangerous and authoritarian president.

Doubt me? Consider the reverence reserved for the Women’s March and Black Lives Matter.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/437694/black-lives-matter-hypocrisy-cheering-violence

This does not back up your argument.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #189 on: October 02, 2017, 08:38:29 AM »

This does not back up your argument.

Your ideology blinds you this much?  Further gone than I thought.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #190 on: October 02, 2017, 08:46:02 AM »

This.  All of this.  Thanks for the laugh.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #191 on: October 02, 2017, 08:50:05 AM »

We say the same of you. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #192 on: October 02, 2017, 08:52:56 AM »

Alright. I'm done with this and I'm done with you. Lashing out is all you have left.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #193 on: October 02, 2017, 09:04:03 AM »
Heisey, Forgetful already explained the context for why Assata Shakur is held up by some as a civil rights leader. That does not make Black Lives Matter a terrorist organization. By that logic I could say the President is a terrorist for saying that the white supremacists at Charlotteville were very fine people.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.