'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Creighton is going to be annoying to play.  (Read 9245 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Creighton is going to be annoying to play.
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2014, 09:35:56 AM »
Yet, this violates your rule of having only four year program players with a few exceptions. Just wondering how a team and school of the academic reputation of a Creighton can have nearly 40% of their scholarships spent on transfers, on their roster and still be unsquirmy?  Color me confused.

Show me my rule where I ever said 4 year only players on the team.   Search function is up on the right side to get you started.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2014, 09:48:19 AM »
Creighton was a home run for the conference.  Between McDermott's run last season, and tonight's upset of Oklahoma, it's clear that they are currently a major player in college basketball.  Throw in the fact that they're a Jesuit institution in a big city, it's a perfect fit.

Way to go Jays!

Agree with every point but one. Having been to Omaha, calling it a "big city" is extremely generous.

It's like a more boring Grand Rapids.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2014, 09:59:48 AM »
Agree with every point but one. Having been to Omaha, calling it a "big city" is extremely generous.

It's like a more boring Grand Rapids.
Well, the metro area populations for both are ranked in the 50s nationally.  Boring, maybe.  Small, no.

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2014, 02:05:51 PM »
Omaha is small and boring.  JUCOs should be avoided.  Some are wonderful, but too many are disasters.  No need to play on that roulette table.
End of thread.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2014, 02:25:33 PM »
Show me my rule where I ever said 4 year only players on the team.   Search function is up on the right side to get you started.

As a reminder:

I voted acceptable.

However, the problem with your poll is that it doesn't stipulate how many, how it imbalances classes, etc, etc.  In general, sure they are fine.  When you have 40%+ of your roster in that situation, that's not good.  80% as you threw out yesterday, would completely destabilize your recruiting efforts.  You don't seem to think those things through for whatever reason.

Mr. Search Function:  Show me where I quoted The Chico's Rule was for four year ONLY players?  Your Squirm-o-Meter is in dire need of recalibration with each changing day as we had a whole thread on "transfers" only a short time ago--see Creighton, IU.  

#goalpostsshifting
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 06:26:22 AM by Dr. Blackheart »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2014, 02:34:55 PM »
The good news is even though the have some size they don't use it.

They just jack 3s and hope they go in lol. Having lost a lot they definitely don't look to impressive but if they get hot(and the way teams seemingly do vs us)  they will be frustrating to play.

Thinking about JJJ, Carlino, and perhaps Cohen, I think that you could say the same about MU.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2014, 02:38:34 PM »
Creighton was a home run for the conference.  Between McDermott's run last season, and tonight's upset of Oklahoma, it's clear that they are currently a major player in college basketball.  Throw in the fact that they're a Jesuit institution in a big city, it's a perfect fit.

Way to go Jays!

Some of this is a little extreme. They are great for our conference but a major player in college bball? You kinda need consistent March success for that label. McDermott's run last season end up more a personal feat...they were bounced quickly again.

For the BE to be successful. Some of the other 6 need to gain some consistency to meet MU, Gtown, Nova and XU. And gtown needs to stop getting upset themselves.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

feedback