'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: YOUR coaching contract at MU  (Read 2135 times)

muhoosier260

• All American
YOUR coaching contract at MU
« on: March 28, 2014, 09:19:03 PM »
I posed the hypothetical to some friends of mine: What's the lowest sum YOU would accept from MU if they were courting you for the men's basketball coaching job? On top of your salary, you obviously you get full benefits, kids can attend MU at discount, full access to school owned car, the jet for team business, open tab at Marquette gyros, etc. (any other perks the coach gets that someone knows about, I'd be interested to hear). We need some fun here after the last couple days. So, what's your number? What bizarre clauses would you insist MU to agree to?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
Re: YOUR coaching contract at MU
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 09:19:55 PM »
$1 and court-side seats to every game

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 10:05:35 PM »
Don't forget your diet pepsi, coach.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 10:15:45 PM »
I posed the hypothetical to some friends of mine: What's the lowest sum YOU would accept from MU if they were courting you for the men's basketball coaching job? On top of your salary, you obviously you get full benefits, kids can attend MU at discount, full access to school owned car, the jet for team business, open tab at Marquette gyros, etc. (any other perks the coach gets that someone knows about, I'd be interested to hear). We need some fun here after the last couple days. So, what's your number? What bizarre clauses would you insist MU to agree to?

I would bet Marquette offers the coach a house, country club membership (I believe all Marquette Athletics employees have a membership to Ozaukee Country Club), and plenty of other perks.  I think I remember hearing Buzz moved into the same house Crean had lived in, which makes sense because I know some men's volleyball programs offer their head coaches a house as a perk, and obviously their budget is lower than a program like Marquette men's basketball.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 11:56:15 PM »
I would bet Marquette offers the coach a house, country club membership (I believe all Marquette Athletics employees have a membership to Ozaukee Country Club), and plenty of other perks.  I think I remember hearing Buzz moved into the same house Crean had lived in, which makes sense because I know some men's volleyball programs offer their head coaches a house as a perk, and obviously their budget is lower than a program like Marquette men's basketball.

Scott Skiles bought I4's crib.  no word if the Skiles' redecorated, but Joanie's tastes were somewhere to the south of atrocious. 

Brent had a nice big crib in the Quon too, just a little further away from 4never that I4 lived.

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 12:04:21 AM »
Depends, do I have to remember the number of dAys I'm on the job and mention it during every interview?

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 12:09:26 AM »
Depends, do I have to remember the number of dAys I'm on the job and mention it during every interview?

Yes, it's in the contract.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 12:10:26 AM »
Scott Skiles bought I4's crib.  no word if the Skiles' redecorated, but Joanie's tastes were somewhere to the south of atrocious. 

Brent had a nice big crib in the Quon too, just a little further away from 4never that I4 lived.

I thought the castle was in Thiensville (Crean at least)?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 12:11:46 AM »
I would bet Marquette offers the coach a house, country club membership (I believe all Marquette Athletics employees have a membership to Ozaukee Country Club), and plenty of other perks.  I think I remember hearing Buzz moved into the same house Crean had lived in, which makes sense because I know some men's volleyball programs offer their head coaches a house as a perk, and obviously their budget is lower than a program like Marquette men's basketball.

Last year, Buzz bought the house he has been living in since he has been coach.
Have some patience, FFS.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 09:22:26 AM »

I wonder if he'll do that again at VCU. I bet not, as he eventually seemed embarrassed about how much press the numbers obsession got.

feedback