[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Well this looks like the end ....  (Read 13537 times)

Windyplayer

• All American
Re: Well this looks like the end ....
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2020, 02:25:52 PM »
An accurate assessment.  Most freshman don't have much of an impact in terms of winning right away or dominating.  Garcia may be ahead of the curve a bit, but this team won't be competitive in the least.  The only chance they have to win is if they play collective defense well.  This is going to be one of the worst offensive teams to watch in MU history.
You simply cannot assume that. The variables with 17-21 year-olds from year to year is so volatile. Is it possible, sure, but that’s based almost exclusively on past performance (to say nothing of the unknowns regarding the incoming freshmen). Also, as an aside, you know a grad transfer is coming in.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2020, 02:54:51 PM »
You simply cannot assume that. The variables with 17-21 year-olds from year to year is so volatile. Is it possible, sure, but that’s based almost exclusively on past performance (to say nothing of the unknowns regarding the incoming freshmen). Also, as an aside, you know a grad transfer is coming in.

It's not an assumption.  It's called being familiar with college basketball, basketball in general, how an offense works, what tools you need to make it work, and analyzing the prospects that have come and gone in the last 20 years.  Not to mention, you have a coach that can't coach well offensively.  MU utilizes a very basic pick and roll offensive system and rarely deviates from it.   Compare that to Villanova's motion offense and it's no contest.  Look them up on youtube and you'll see stark differences. 

You must factor in that MU doesn't have a consistent shot creator on it's roster for next season.  That's huge and allows defenses to stack against any strengths with much room for error.  Literally, no one can create his own shot and drive to the hoop which allows opposing defenses to maintain composure and double effectively - if needed.

Furthermore, I've watched tape on Garcia who is their most promising offensive weapon next year.  He's Frank Kaminsky like but like any freshman, will have a tough time scoring efficiently-especially since there's not a guard who can take the pressure off of him.  Make MU's guards beat you....will be the mantra for other big east teams.  Nothing scares you about MU on the perimeter.  No one will make a huge jump like Wes Matthews did - why?  Because they never had that type of talent to begin with or have shown it in practice.  You would have heard rumblings like when Dwayne Wade practiced before he played.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2020, 04:03:36 PM »
We heard McEwen was a stud in practice. I guess it helps when your playing against other MU players.  ;)

I have no problem with fans thinking the best of their team. There are 150 fan boards, with as smart of fans as we have here, that firmly believe they will be in the NCAA next year.  150>68

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2020, 04:11:06 PM »
We heard McEwen was a stud in practice. I guess it helps when your playing against other MU players.  ;)

I have no problem with fans thinking the best of their team. There are 150 fan boards, with as smart of fans as we have here, that firmly believe they will be in the NCAA next year.  150>68

McEwen showed flashes but he's terrible when driving to the hoop.  Not to mention - he got worse as the season progressed.  You need consistency to win in the big east.  That just doesn't exist here unfortunately. 

harryp

• Starter
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2020, 04:55:55 PM »
This is to: Vogue65
Since your wife has left you, might you have room for a guest? We could walk the walls around the city and then dinner in Milan followed by a trip to La Scala for the featured opera. I am a little short of $$$ however but I am sure that you would be glad to front the cost so you could spend some time with a fellow alum.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2020, 07:05:16 PM »
of the 2019-2020 BB season.  Wojo bashers have at it if that is any console to you.  Enjoy yourself.  I will drop in occasionally to see if anything significant has transpired.     
Here is another significant tidbit for you: Wojo is not a good coach.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2020, 03:07:44 PM »
This is to: Vogue65
Since your wife has left you, might you have room for a guest? We could walk the walls around the city and then dinner in Milan followed by a trip to La Scala for the featured opera. I am a little short of $$$ however but I am sure that you would be glad to front the cost so you could spend some time with a fellow alum.

We are both in N.J..  My post must have been unclear.

I am a retired low-level government bureaucrat and I posted on March 13th about DX rated contracts for stimulating the industrial base to produce needed medical supplies, ventilators, test kits, face shields, body bags, etc..  Today, finally, I read that they are implementing the Defense Production Act, As Amended.  Finally.

All our senior leadership, all the generals, know of the act and how to implement it.  It is one of the underpinnings of war games.

Now the White House is finally thinking about implementing it.   This is what happens when incompetence rules the day.

Some people, a few thousand, know how to make government work.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2020, 07:02:04 PM »
An accurate assessment.  Most freshman don't have much of an impact in terms of winning right away or dominating.  Garcia may be ahead of the curve a bit, but this team won't be competitive in the least.  The only chance they have to win is if they play collective defense well.  This is going to be one of the worst offensive teams to watch in MU history.

So u have been watching MU hoops for what 4 Years?  That is ur history?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

harryp

• Starter
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2020, 01:31:00 AM »
Vogue65 -- You are  100% correct and have a home in Italy near La Scala. You're my IDOL!!!

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2020, 10:06:43 AM »
Here is another significant tidbit for you: Wojo is not a good coach.
Willie, you may be right or you may be wrong.  If Jay Wright was coaching this team, how well would he have done?
In any case I am looking forward to next season.  Are you?
Go Marquette!

feedback