[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:22:34 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Oregon says eligibility of 'former' players is in question  (Read 23281 times)

mu-rara

• All American
Re: Oregon says eligibility of 'former' players is in question
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2010, 07:49:57 AM »
Boy, do I wish MarkMiller had as many posts as Chicos.   (Yes I realize he has a website he actually gets paid for, but I'm just sayin.)

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2010, 07:58:11 AM »
I just got word from Chico's sources about some really big stuff...that might end up being small stuff...or nothing at all. I can't tell you who or what it's about or if it will actually happen but if something does (or does not) happen, just remember that you heard it from me first. You're welcome!

Haha, these seriously are among my favorite threads. "I know something but I can't tell you." Seems to have died down a bit since the Crean era. I also miss, from that era, the pre-emptive complaining about the complainers thread right after a game loss.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2010, 08:01:44 AM »
Haha, these seriously are among my favorite threads. "I know something but I can't tell you." Seems to have died down a bit since the Crean era. I also miss, from that era, the pre-emptive complaining about the complainers thread right after a game loss.

Oh don't worry, the season isn't far off.  It may not be pre-emptive, but there will surely be more complaining about complainers than actual complaining.  Then there will be complaining about the complainers that complain about the complainers who complain.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2010, 08:21:25 AM »
Some people just like to complain.   In politics, we call them ________ (your least favorite group here).   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2010, 08:34:35 AM »
Chicos should switch to be being a Badger fan since I hear they do everything perfectly clean and morally....

Or, maybe Buzz should ask WWTCD? (What Would Tom Crean Do?) since he was a perfect model human being...

with fans like chico's, we don't need louisville or WVU or any other hater fans bases...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2010, 08:40:19 AM »
I'm going to defend Chicos a bit here.  He is in a position to know some things.  Other people on this board are as well.  I have two good friends that work in B10 athletic departments and another good friend, who I have referenced here before, who family member is a national college basketball writer whose name we would all know here.  I have talked about Buzz and MU hoops with all of these people repeatedly...I don't share the details because I can't confirm.

But I can say this.  Everyone says Buzz is "different," and like all people with that label, they are looked upon with some degree of admiration and some degree of suspicion...sometimes even within the same sentence.  Is it based upon sour grapes?  Is it because his reputation for being a little odd?  Or is there really something there...I don't know. 

So you can either take what Chicos says at face value, or you can trash him...but if you trash him and he turns out to be right, you better acknowledge it.

goodgreatgrand

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2010, 08:51:26 AM »
And when I say I don't like what I'm hearing, that doesn't necessarily mean something illegal is going on.  Things like recruiting kids that already have verballed to other schools, I don't like it but we do it now. 

Who is/are the players you speak of? Not saying Buzz has or hasnt done it, it would just be interesting to hear facts. Roughly two years ago I recall Dixon, Wright and Boeheim trying to spearhead a movement that prohibited coaches from recruiting kids who had already verballed (to other BE schoools). They tried to start with BE coaches in hope the sentiment would spread nationally. I guess I just figured it was Calhoun, Pitino and Huggybear that blew them off; I suppose there could have been more though (since you suggest Buzz is one).

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2010, 09:00:55 AM »
I am sure that chico has heard things.   Here is my issue.   My daughter is at a high school that sends about 1 player a year total to D1.   That is combined boys and girls in all sports.   Even in this sheltered little world, you 'hear things.'    I 'heard things' about TC's recruiting 5 years ago.  I 'heard things' about Keno Davis. I have 'heard things' about Lloyd Carr, Brett Bielema, Tom Izzo.   I take them all with a grain of salt.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2010, 09:06:15 AM »
I'm going to defend Chicos a bit here.  He is in a position to know some things.  Other people on this board are as well.  I have two good friends that work in B10 athletic departments and another good friend, who I have referenced here before, who family member is a national college basketball writer whose name we would all know here.  I have talked about Buzz and MU hoops with all of these people repeatedly...I don't share the details because I can't confirm.

But I can say this.  Everyone says Buzz is "different," and like all people with that label, they are looked upon with some degree of admiration and some degree of suspicion...sometimes even within the same sentence.  Is it based upon sour grapes?  Is it because his reputation for being a little odd?  Or is there really something there...I don't know. 

So you can either take what Chicos says at face value, or you can trash him...but if you trash him and he turns out to be right, you better acknowledge it.

Hater.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2010, 09:25:21 AM »
I am sure that chico has heard things.   Here is my issue.   My daughter is at a high school that sends about 1 player a year total to D1.   That is combined boys and girls in all sports.   Even in this sheltered little world, you 'hear things.'    I 'heard things' about TC's recruiting 5 years ago.  I 'heard things' about Keno Davis. I have 'heard things' about Lloyd Carr, Brett Bielema, Tom Izzo.   I take them all with a grain of salt.

Don't you think that Chicos sources are a little better than yours?

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2010, 09:35:15 AM »
Sounds to me like you know absolutely nothing concrete. And why am I not surprised you are sitting here patting yourself on the back when based on the above there is no way you can possibly be wrong.  "it might be something...but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not" 

WTF is that?

It's called being a four year old going, "I know a secret, nya nya nya nya nya nya!"  If you have something spill it or don't post anything.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2010, 09:39:07 AM »

Sultan, just what is he actually saying?? Vague references and saying, "Well, if you knew what I know" is really weak stuff.  

Ironic coming from a poster that consistently ripped Badger fans for this same behavior (Shady stuff is going on, but I won't post any real details) when they tried to trash a past MU coach.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2010, 10:15:35 AM »
Chicos should switch to be being a Badger fan since I hear they do everything perfectly clean and morally....

Or, maybe Buzz should ask WWTCD? (What Would Tom Crean Do?) since he was a perfect model human being...

with fans like chico's, we don't need louisville or WVU or any other hater fans bases...

Pretty silly Madtown.  TC was hardly perfect and did some things that I don't care for either, but almost all of them were on the personal front with 2 or 3 exceptions.  But yeah, on the personal front, there are some whoppers that he pulled that would land him in the Hall of Fame of Douchebaggery. 

A Badger fan....no thanks.  I think Bo is a complete douche after some of the stunts he has pulled at UWM and then UW, especially with the funeral - limo B.S. that involved his comments on Pearl.

Your post illustrates how group think works to a tee.  I'll love MU until the day I die, that doesn't stop me from being concerned about some things the university does and acts.  No different than my country, myself, etc.  But there is no doubting where my fandom is and your post is just silly on all levels. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2010, 10:19:14 AM »
I spoke to Freeway and confirmed whatever Chicos is alluding to.  I'm now squirmy.  My fiancee is not pleased because it bothers her when I squirm. 

Details to follow.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2010, 10:39:08 AM »
I spoke to Freeway and confirmed whatever Chicos is alluding to.  I'm now squirmy.  My fiancee is not pleased because it bothers her when I squirm. 

Details to follow.

My suspicion is that Buzz is the mastermind of a plot to use homeless men as a recruiting tool, as they are not closely watched by the NCAA.  Freeway would be the perfect resource to confirm these rumors.  Good job.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »

MarkCharles.....academics was never an issue nor did anyone ever say it was.  I'm thrilled MM confirmed that, but it was unnecessary as it has nothing to do with the situation at hand.

Forgive me for not understanding what you were referring to with your unbelievably vague and abstract implications. I guess maybe what you were actually saying got lost in all the whistling and squirming.

Ok, if academics is not at issue, then what is? Benefits? Recruiting Wilson while he was still at Oregon? Please enlighten us...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2010, 11:25:46 AM »

Don't you think that Chicos sources are a little better than yours?

I have been bantering with chico for the better part of 6 years  between here, scout, and jsonline.  We've agreed, we've vehemently disagreed, he's called me dumb, I've called him dumb, whatever.   I am completely aware of his academic history, his history with MU, Crean, Dish, IU, Kansas.   He has contacts throughout industries and all I have is 1st, second, and thirdhand accounts of families who have gone through the process.    Based on the historic accuracy of his prognostications, his sources are perhaps marginally better than mine.     He just has more of them. 

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2010, 12:51:24 PM »
'll love MU until the day I die, that doesn't stop me from being concerned about some things the university does and acts.

Like trashing MU over Newbill nonstop for days on end without knowing all the facts.   Sure is not love and an awful way to express concern...

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2010, 01:25:57 PM »
'll love MU until the day I die, that doesn't stop me from being concerned about some things the university does and acts.

Like trashing MU over Newbill nonstop for days on end without knowing all the facts.   Sure is not love and an awful way to express concern...

Or the guy that relentlessly bashes fans on message boards by claiming that they aren't "true" fans, and brings up the Newbill situation again months later?

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2010, 01:42:29 PM »
not sure how relentless bashing "true" fans I am when the only fan I have bashed is chicos (who is quite a unique "fan")...

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2010, 01:49:56 PM »
Back to the story at hand, the other players rumored to be involved are Matt Humphrey and Josh Crittle.

http://www.kval.com/sports/102936474.html

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2010, 03:55:50 PM »
Weren't we recruiting Crittle under Crean???? This implies something!

/doesn't know how to make queer whistling symbol

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2010, 07:29:23 PM »
Come on.  He's going to be right, or at least claim he's right, irregardless of the outcome of the situation because he never really claimed anything.  And whatever happens I'm sure he'll be on here when the news breaks patting himself on the back saying "I told you so".

I am aware of Chicos resume and am certain he knows more people in the business and therefore more scuttlebutt than most everybody else on here.  I for one know absolutely nobody that works in college athletics so he clearly has me beat.  I guess I will just call BS when somebody gets smug, makes assertions without backing them up with facts, and proceeds to call the current incarnation of the leadership of MU basketball dirty without coming out and saying what he "knows". 

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2010, 10:02:22 PM »
Damn....you know if only you could have found a way to say NEVER and ALWAYS you could have won the daily double.  Sorry, but whenever people use NEVER and ALWAYS I can tell right away they're full of crap because it's such a lazy response and ridiculously untrue.

Interesting that you imply that you always discredit posters for using "never" and "always" without actually using the word. Does that make it OK in your book? Besides, typically when posters use words like "never" and "always," they're simply doing it to emphasize a point. For example, someone might write, "Chicos always comes across like a pompous ass." While we obviously know that you don't always come across like a pompous ass, phrasing things that way gets a stronger point across. Most posters on here understand that what is written should not always be taken so literally...but you never do.

Sorry for the digression. You can now go back to the "I know something you don't know" routine that you always do.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2010, 10:26:49 PM »
Chicos is very concerned with perception. TC was the same way. Maybe that's what makes them so simpatico. As Buzz said in his chat today, he cares little for people's perceptions - he a reality guy. I share that philosophy and it's something that I admire in Buzz. Unfortunately it makes some people squirm.