Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Who is Satchel Pierce?  (Read 98496 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Who is Satchel Pierce?
« Reply #200 on: October 30, 2013, 10:08:39 AM »
I am pumped. Today is his decision? A 7 foot, 2.7 star center ranked 200. We are finally landing the stud bigs. Hope he commits our way.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #201 on: October 30, 2013, 10:21:29 AM »
How's he making fun of buzz?

Because Buzz is God.... duh.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #202 on: October 30, 2013, 10:28:30 AM »
God would choose MU. No brainer.

How tall is he?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #203 on: October 30, 2013, 10:30:54 AM »
How tall is he?

I'm not sure how tall Norman is, but God looks like he has to be at least 8 foot or so...

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #204 on: October 30, 2013, 10:49:12 AM »
Pierce tweeted this last night:

@satch1032: God just told me what school I should goto The only problem is I dont uwhat he was trying to say. Anyone tryin to help me with this one?

Not sure if he's looking for Twitter love, conflicted, or has simply made his mind up. One thing that would worry me...if he's really getting a message from God, he'll probably go to Miami. After all, everyone at Marquette is already saved, whereas the U is clearly a den of sinner that either need to be saved or purged ;D

Not a twitter guy, does it have spell check? Good Grief, like decoding the illuminati.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #205 on: October 30, 2013, 10:53:38 AM »
Not a twitter guy, does it have spell check? Good Grief, like decoding the illuminati.

There are definite drawbacks to 140 characters. Twitter is not a place for the grammar conscious.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #206 on: October 30, 2013, 10:54:31 AM »
I'm not sure how tall Norman is, but God looks like he has to be at least 8 foot or so...

And it looks like he's got an NBA-ready frame...already has some bulk.  I hope he signs.

Assuming Norman's average height (say, 5'10"), I think God's got to be taller than 8'.  Maybe we could get PTM to make an educated guess.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #207 on: October 30, 2013, 11:15:33 AM »

...Says the guy with 4500 posts. The picture must be referring to himself.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

humanlung

• Team Captain
« Reply #208 on: October 30, 2013, 11:17:21 AM »
And it looks like he's got an NBA-ready frame...already has some bulk.  I hope he signs.

Assuming Norman's average height (say, 5'10"), I think God's got to be taller than 8'.  Maybe we could get PTM to make an educated guess.

Any chance we can get Michael to come along, too, in a package deal?  Bet it would be a great PF/C combo.  Certain to put up huge numbers against Duke.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #209 on: October 30, 2013, 11:23:53 AM »
My gut feeling says he's not coming

It could just be indigestion.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #210 on: October 30, 2013, 11:25:26 AM »
...Says the guy with 4500 posts. The picture must be referring to himself.

Pakuni's post clearly went over your head. Post count is not directly related to attention whoring. Repeating the same mantra in seemingly every single one of your posts, on the other hand...
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #211 on: October 30, 2013, 11:35:59 AM »
Trust me on this, we do not want this guy.  While he has all the tools, his head is never in the game.  Zero focus. He is constantly distracted by the thoughts and goings on of 7 billion people.  A lot of the time he even forgets that he's in a game.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:39:14 AM by LittleMurs »

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #212 on: October 30, 2013, 11:45:38 AM »
Trust me on this, we do not want this guy.  While he has all the tools, his head is never in the game.  Zero focus. He is constantly distracted by the thoughts and goings on of 7 billion people.  A lot of the time he even forgets that he's in a game.

Yeah, but imagine the post-game pressers..."First of all, I'd like to thank me because, well, let's face it, we couldn't have done it without me."
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #213 on: October 30, 2013, 11:46:38 AM »
I am pumped. Today is his decision? A 7 foot, 2.7 star center ranked 200. We are finally landing the stud bigs. Hope he commits our way.

That may be your most obnoxious to date.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #214 on: October 30, 2013, 11:47:35 AM »

How do you know that? I trust Buzz and if a 3 star 7 footer wants to walk through the doors of the Al I sure as hell wouldnt say no.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #215 on: October 30, 2013, 11:52:50 AM »
How do you know that? I trust Buzz and if a 3 star 7 footer wants to walk through the doors of the Al I sure as hell wouldnt say no.

Pretty sure Murs was referring to the Almighty, not Paige, as the recruit we don't want.
And I kind of concur. I mean, sure, his game is perfect, but is he coachable? Doesn't seem like the type to take direction from mortals.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #216 on: October 30, 2013, 11:59:45 AM »
Pretty sure Murs was referring to the Almighty, not Paige, as the recruit we don't want.
And I kind of concur. I mean, sure, his game is perfect, but is he coachable? Doesn't seem like the type to take direction from mortals.

I don't have a problem with it, but I know the fact that he's already got a kid is not going to sit right with some people.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #217 on: October 30, 2013, 12:01:04 PM »

Willie,

There is more than 1 way to get an effective big man on your roster.

Getting Anthony Davis is one way. (Impact comes immediately)

Getting Davante Gardner is another way (Impact comes in years 3&4)

I realize you love the top rated bigs, but that's not the ONLY way to get a good center.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #218 on: October 30, 2013, 12:01:16 PM »

Well in that case...

humanlung

• Team Captain
« Reply #219 on: October 30, 2013, 12:20:46 PM »
Yeah, but imagine the post-game pressers..."First of all, I'd like to thank me because, well, let's face it, we couldn't have done it without me."

This differs from a typical NBA presser how???

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #220 on: October 30, 2013, 12:22:01 PM »
I don't have a problem with it, but I know the fact that he's already got a kid is not going to sit right with some people.

I look at this situation as a positive.  He took responsibility for the kid, but I'm told he never touched the mother.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #221 on: October 30, 2013, 12:26:15 PM »
but is he a traditional?

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #222 on: October 30, 2013, 12:35:58 PM »
God forfeited his remaining eligibility when he turned pro, after he and Austin Croshere led Providence to the E8 in 1997.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #223 on: October 30, 2013, 12:46:43 PM »

LOL

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #224 on: October 30, 2013, 12:47:42 PM »
but is he a traditional?

Well his son is Jewish.