'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Who is Satchel Pierce?  (Read 98045 times)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Who is Satchel Pierce?
« Reply #250 on: October 30, 2013, 10:37:07 PM »
Brutal.

I disagree.  He didn't announce for another school today.  The "hopefully" response to the question on twitter about whether he was coming this weekend was just explained.  And, finally he'll have a little more time for his visit to Miami to wear off before he comes to MU.  All good.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #251 on: October 30, 2013, 10:40:33 PM »
I disagree.  He didn't announce for another school today.  The "hopefully" response to the question on twitter about whether he was coming this weekend was just explained.  And, finally he'll have a little more time for his visit to Miami to wear off before he comes to MU.  All good.

This

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #252 on: October 30, 2013, 11:15:41 PM »

And more time for the weather to turn to krap.  Hopefully he's forgotten about the palm trees in Miami by then.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #253 on: October 30, 2013, 11:28:10 PM »
Maybe the young man has other things in his life to attend to. He'll visit and it'll be over a weekend when we have a  home game. Perhaps he'll see the BEast banner raised to the rafters or tOSU game. Who wouldn't love that?  As Kevin Bacon once said, 'All is well!'

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #254 on: October 31, 2013, 12:07:08 AM »
Maybe the young man has other things in his life to attend to. He'll visit and it'll be over a weekend when we have a  home game. Perhaps he'll see the BEast banner raised to the rafters or tOSU game. Who wouldn't love that?  As Kevin Bacon once said, 'All is well!'

Actually, not the best example to use here.

If Marquette fails to win a national title in the next two years will Chris Otule declare; "Seven years of college down the drain"?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 12:08:54 AM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #255 on: October 31, 2013, 06:15:33 AM »
If Marquette fails to win a national title in the next two years will Chris Otule declare; "Seven years of college down the drain"?
nope, but willie will be right there to do it for him. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #256 on: October 31, 2013, 07:15:41 AM »

I'll definitely take a later announcement date over a commitment to Miami. Buzz has been working really hard on this kid, just needs to work a bit harder to get him on campus.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #257 on: October 31, 2013, 07:18:52 AM »
I disagree.  He didn't announce for another school today.  The "hopefully" response to the question on twitter about whether he was coming this weekend was just explained.  And, finally he'll have a little more time for his visit to Miami to wear off before he comes to MU.  All good.

Actually, I'm with you on this.  This makes me more optimistic, not less.  This sounds to me like a kid who has decided he's coming, but he wants to announce it at or after the visit.  Because he's already decided, the timing of the visit is less important.

Granted, this may be purely wishful thinking.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #258 on: October 31, 2013, 08:23:19 AM »
Here is a twtter exchange from yesterday with an MU "booster":

vince mullins ‏@chenz80 13h
@satch1032 did I miss your announcement?

Satchel Pierce ‏@satch1032 13h
@chenz80 no I didn't make it today sorry

@satch1032 when can Marquette nation learn of your decision?

@chenz80 very soon

vince mullins ‏@chenz80 12h
@satch1032 all the best no matter where you end up going! Would love to see you at the Bradley Center though!

Satchel Pierce ‏@satch1032 12h
“@chenz80: @satch1032 all the best no matter where you end up going! Would love to see you at the Bradley Center though!” Thank you!

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #259 on: October 31, 2013, 08:33:22 AM »
Actually, I'm with you on this.  This makes me more optimistic, not less.  This sounds to me like a kid who has decided he's coming, but he wants to announce it at or after the visit.  Because he's already decided, the timing of the visit is less important.

Granted, this may be purely wishful thinking.
I see this as Buzz working very hard to fight off a commitment to Miami. Assuming he was scheduled to come this weekend to visit MU and now Buzz is meeting him today sounds more to me like he had told Buzz he was going to go elsewhere and Buzz talked him into giving Buzz one more chance to meet with him.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #260 on: October 31, 2013, 08:41:54 AM »
I see this as Buzz working very hard to fight off a commitment to Miami. Assuming he was scheduled to come this weekend to visit MU and now Buzz is meeting him today sounds more to me like he had told Buzz he was going to go elsewhere and Buzz talked him into giving Buzz one more chance to meet with him.

You may be right.  If so, nice work Buzz, now close the deal.

I've seen some kids in other sports who are using their official visits after they commit.  If the decision has already been made (i.e., you've seen what the others have to offer and you still want to go to Marquette), then you schedule the official visit as a stress-free trip to go hang out with your future teammates.  I'm hoping that this is what is going on here.  He's made his decision, he's coming to Marquette, and he just wants to schedule the official visit but now there's no hurry.  It would be a lot of fun to schedule the visit when there's a home game.  If he's coming next weekend -- for the opener against Southern -- I'll feel very good about our chances.

But, like I said before, this might just be wishful thinking.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #261 on: October 31, 2013, 08:46:31 AM »

not sure if you mean that Buzz is definitely meeting him today or you are assuming he is?

Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #262 on: October 31, 2013, 08:53:54 AM »
not sure if you mean that Buzz is definitely meeting him today or you are assuming he is?

All I know is what I have read on this site. What I understood from reading posts here is that Buzz was meeting him today. So based on what I read I am assuming Buzz is meeting with him today.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #263 on: October 31, 2013, 09:47:49 AM »
All I know is what I have read on this site. What I understood from reading posts here is that Buzz was meeting him today. So based on what I read I am assuming Buzz is meeting with him today.

Where did you see that?  I feel like I've followed this one fairly closely, but don't recall seeing that anywhere.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #264 on: October 31, 2013, 09:49:31 AM »
Here is a twtter exchange from yesterday with an MU "booster":

@satch1032 did I miss your announcement?

@chenz80 no I didn't make it today sorry

@satch1032 when can Marquette nation learn of your decision?

@chenz80 very soon

vince mullins ‏@chenz80 12h
@satch1032 all the best no matter where you end up going! Would love to see you at the Bradley Center though!

Satchel Pierce ‏@satch1032 12h
“@chenz80: @satch1032 all the best no matter where you end up going! Would love to see you at the Bradley Center though!” Thank you!

Looks like Vince is all over this    ::)   Couldn't be more of a booster in this case.  <shaking head>

https://mobile.twitter.com/chenz80

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #265 on: October 31, 2013, 10:32:29 AM »
You may be right.  If so, nice work Buzz, now close the deal.

I've seen some kids in other sports who are using their official visits after they commit.  If the decision has already been made (i.e., you've seen what the others have to offer and you still want to go to Marquette), then you schedule the official visit as a stress-free trip to go hang out with your future teammates.  I'm hoping that this is what is going on here.  He's made his decision, he's coming to Marquette, and he just wants to schedule the official visit but now there's no hurry.  It would be a lot of fun to schedule the visit when there's a home game.  If he's coming next weekend -- for the opener against Southern -- I'll feel very good about our chances.

But, like I said before, this might just be wishful thinking.

Guess whose "ignore" list I'm on?

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=39950.msg525228#msg525228
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 10:34:30 AM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #266 on: October 31, 2013, 10:37:23 AM »
Looks like Vince is all over this    ::)   Couldn't be more of a booster in this case.  <shaking head>

https://mobile.twitter.com/chenz80

Oh well... I'll happily take Satchel and a secondary violation at this point.

The kid's not going to miss any games, and Broeker gets a "sternly" written form letter from Indianapolis.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #267 on: October 31, 2013, 11:23:37 AM »

Oh well... I'll happily take Satchel and a secondary violation at this point.

The kid's not going to miss any games, and Broeker gets a "sternly" written form letter from Indianapolis.

I get it....it's just beyond creepy weird to me. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #268 on: October 31, 2013, 11:28:21 AM »
I get it....it's just beyond creepy weird to me. 

Then just say it's creepy. No need to get up on the booster horse when there's far, far worse out there.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #269 on: October 31, 2013, 12:11:34 PM »
Guess whose "ignore" list I'm on?

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=39950.msg525228#msg525228

Probably quite a few...but not mine.  I missed that one.  Great minds think alike?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #270 on: October 31, 2013, 12:21:04 PM »
Probably quite a few...but not mine.  I missed that one.  Great minds think alike?

Don't think like me too much or else you're going to end up on the same ignore lists as I.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #271 on: October 31, 2013, 06:13:19 PM »
Makes me cringe reading someone sucking up to him so hard directly on twitter.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #272 on: November 02, 2013, 07:29:28 PM »
I know some people put no stock in Crystal Ball, but when Mark Miller puts up a prediction about a Marquette target, personally I tend to listen. Mark doesn't make a lot of predictions, usually only Marquette guys, and he hasn't missed on a Marquette target yet, whether it was a guy coming here or going elsewhere. He missed Looney, but who didn't?

Anyway...tonight Mark Miller predicted Satchel Pierce to Marquette
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

thehammock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #273 on: November 02, 2013, 08:29:37 PM »

@MattSteinbrink: It sounds like Pitt will in fact be adding a foreign center at some point. I'm very close to getting that name. Will post on @PantherLair

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #274 on: November 02, 2013, 09:38:09 PM »

@MattSteinbrink: It sounds like Pitt will in fact be adding a foreign center at some point. I'm very close to getting that name. Will post on @PantherLair

Wallow in it, PITT! WALLOW in your descent to irrelevancy.  And while you're there, say hello to West Virginia.

feedback