[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sour grapes on Davidson board  (Read 24702 times)

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
Sour grapes on Davidson board
« on: March 21, 2013, 05:35:15 PM »
I know I'd be pissed too but...

"Rules need changed on a ref clock review the players need to be told they have to stay on the court that was complete BS they got a free timeout. They should not be allowed to go to the huddle."

http://www.davidsoncats.com/viewtopic.php?t=17395&start=165

Mostly classy posters tho
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

tower912

• All American
Re: Sour grapes on Davidson board
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 05:36:43 PM »
They should be frustrated, but that rule has been around forever and coaches have been doing it forever.   Another good move by Buzz.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 05:37:17 PM »
They could have used the time out set up their defense.

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 05:38:07 PM »
They should be frustrated, but that rule has been around forever and coaches have been doing it forever.   Another good move by Buzz.
Wait but wasn't Buzz out-coached this game?
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 05:38:44 PM »
weren't they huddled up as well? haven't watched replay but think I remember them at the bench also

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 05:40:03 PM »
Wait but wasn't Buzz out-coached this game?

That shouldn't be in teal

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 05:40:49 PM »
Honestly, I do not like the rule either. It gave mark at an advantage, which it did not otherwise have access to. That said, we here at Marquette have endured our fair share of unfair rules and last minute opposing team heroics for the last ten or so years. I like to have some things bounce our way a few times.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 05:41:00 PM »
"I'd rather lose playing basketball than win playing Big East garbage Thugball."

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 05:43:33 PM »
That shouldn't be in teal

Why don't you just enjoy the f&cking win!?!?!

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 05:47:05 PM »
BTW Davidson's coach can blow me. He just called the time we had to regroup during the Official's clock check an "unfair advantage" in his press conference.

M@RQUETTEW@RRIORS

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 05:47:22 PM »
Havent reffed in a while.  But Davidson never posessed that ball "in-bounds" in the front court.  The ball was thrown from  underneath their own basket.  The Davidson player clearly stepped out of bounds before he touched the ball, therefore never really touched the ball in bounds after the pass from under their own basket.  Therefore MU should have had the ball all the way near the offensive basket and not in the back court.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 05:48:36 PM »
BTW Davidson's coach can blow me. He just called the time we had to regroup during the Official's clock check an "unfair advantage" in his press conference.

I think he's commenting on his own relative coaching ability. May be an accurate statement..
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 05:49:19 PM »
They can continue to be irrelevant in basketball...

dinger

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 05:49:44 PM »
I would be ticked off losing too. They're in the rear view mirror now though. On to butler.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 05:50:21 PM »

He's wrong, and he knows that.  It may be "unfair", but that's the rule.  Change the rule then.  Buzz did nothing wrong.

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 05:52:00 PM »
He's wrong, and he knows that.  It may be "unfair", but that's the rule.  Change the rule then.  Buzz did nothing wrong.
Good point - it was a total Crean move

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 05:59:45 PM »
Marquette didn't win; Davidson lost.

Marquette is unbelievably, historically lucky to escape with a win.
We Are Marquette

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 06:05:06 PM »

there's a typo on our record then... someone added 1 to our win column. who do we call to correct this?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2013, 06:05:14 PM »
Havent reffed in a while.  But Davidson never posessed that ball "in-bounds" in the front court.  The ball was thrown from  underneath their own basket.  The Davidson player clearly stepped out of bounds before he touched the ball, therefore never really touched the ball in bounds after the pass from under their own basket.  Therefore MU should have had the ball all the way near the offensive basket and not in the back court.

Davidson inbounded, the ball came back to the inbounder, who threw the diagonal pass away.    The ball was touched by two Davidson players in-bounds.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 06:06:07 PM »
Yeah, Buzz had time to set up a very complicated play with five back picks and a hook.  Instead, the play was a clear out, set a simple high pick and have your best 1:1 player take it to the hoop for a lay-in or to draw a foul.  Where have we seen that play again?  Oh yeah, twice in the last minute vs. St. John's.  Does McKillop watch tape?  

M@RQUETTEW@RRIORS

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 06:06:18 PM »
Davidson inbounded, the ball came back to the inbounder, who threw the diagonal pass away.    The ball was touched by two Davidson players in-bounds.

However, the last player to posess the ball was deep in the back court.  Ball should have been way further(maybe free throw line level) on MUs offensive.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 06:06:25 PM »

MU has been unbelievably, historicall UN-lucky in the past.    MU had to live with those, MU can live with this.  

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 06:07:28 PM »
However, the last player to posess the ball was deep in the back court.  Ball should have been way further(maybe free throw line level) on MUs offensive.

The Davidson player was stepping out of bounds as he touched the ball.   Proper placement by the refs.

M@RQUETTEW@RRIORS

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 06:08:05 PM »
The Davidson player was stepping out of bounds as he touched the ball.   Proper placement by the refs.

He was out before he touched it.  At least I think he was.  Thats my entire point.

warriors1991

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 06:08:42 PM »

Ummmm.......if you're referring to the play where the ball went out of bounds with 6 seconds left to give us the ball for Vander's winning shot, you must have not seen the play correctly.....what you're saying only applies when the ball is thrown directly from an in bounds pass all the way out of bounds.
The ball had already been inbounded and passed back to the inbounder; the dude was standing in the lane when he tossed the ball OB, it was the third pass of the possession. So the ball doesn't go back to the baseline because that's not where the pass came from.
I'm sure Davidson is at least happy you weren't reffing that game!  ;D