[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Horribly embarrassed on national TV … again  (Read 24608 times)

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
Horribly embarrassed on national TV … again
« on: November 29, 2012, 10:21:53 PM »
I love Marquette University and its basketball team, which is why I hate watching MU and MU basketball be embarrassed once again on national television.

Florida is a fine university with a fine basketball team. To the average viewer from Anywhere, USA, Marquette looked tonight like a horrible basketball team from some school in the Midwest.

I struggle to recall a Marquette team that has looked so bad and given every indication that it does not belong on the same court as its opponent.

The ridiculously bad loss to Florida reaffirmed longstanding concerns that some of us have had about certain players; most notably, Junior Cadougan. He has never struck me as anything more than a so-so player whose abilities have long been overstated. I know he tries his best, but that “best” is not much. It is very hard to have confidence in Cadougan’s basketball skills.

I could prattle on about, say, Marquette’s big men and their inabilities to compete against real competition, but the overriding point is this: MU’s basketball team this season is not nearly as good or as strong as some, for reasons that have always been unclear, have predicted.

Like many others, I have seen Marquette lose badly, including too often on national TV, but I cannot remember an MU team looking this inadequate.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 10:24:18 PM by MU Avenue »

JoBo2756

• Team Captain
Re: Horribly embarrassed on national TV … again
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 10:23:12 PM »
Womp Womp Womppppp!

Get over it dude. Grow up. People know who Marquette is.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 10:24:19 PM »
Like many others, I have seen Marquette lose badly, including too often on national TV, but I cannot remember an MU team looking this inadequate.

Think harder.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 10:26:12 PM »
Think harder.

I'm just thankful that this still isn't the end of the Deane era.  He left very little for Crean when he came in.  Wardle and Cordell were about it, really.  This team would smoke that '99-00 team by 40.  Unless they played down to their competition... ::)
Relax. Respect the Process.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 10:28:34 PM »
I was waiting for this thread, just need a NIT one and I'll go to bed.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 10:30:51 PM »
I was waiting for this thread, just need a NIT one and I'll go to bed.

I dare you to start one.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 10:31:27 PM »
I dare you to start one.

Then I'll have to go to bed?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 10:32:42 PM »
Avenue, you lay in the weeds and write this exact thread after every bad game.  Then we have 50 posts telling you we have about 25 national games a year and win most of them.

Already this year we had the following nationally televised games.

Colgate (w)
Butler (l)
Miss state (w)
USC (w)
Florida (l)

So we are 3and 2 on national tv just this month.

So stop embarrassing yourself, and realize most of our games are nationally televised.

It is no longer 1985 and this was not the CBS game of the week.  Please join the 21 st century.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 10:34:16 PM »
Then I'll have to go to bed?

Or something like that.

Edit:  Can we turn this into a drinking game?  I LOVE drinking games...!

JoBo2756

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 10:34:39 PM »
Avenue, you lay in the weeds and write this exact thread after every bad game.  Then we have 50 posts telling you we have about 25 national games a year and win most of them.

Colgate (w)
Butler (l)
Miss state (w)
USC (w)
Florida (l)

So stop embarrassing yourself, and realize most of our games are nationally televised.

It is no longer 1985 and this was not the CBS game of the week.  Please join the 21 st century.

Thank you.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 10:34:48 PM »

Colgate (w)
Butler (l)
Miss state (w)
USC (w)
Florida (l)

Extremely well done.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 10:36:17 PM »
I really don't understand the Cadougan hate...

Last year he had 183 assists, good for 9th most in a season in MU history. That sounds like a point guard I want on my team.

http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/men_s_basketball/single_season_assists

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
Go to bed, PTM … and AnotherMU84
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 10:41:18 PM »
You disagree that Marquette was woefully embarrassed tonight on national TV? Really?

Glad you enjoyed the game and are brimming with pride.

Let me guess: You had expected MU to lose by “only” 33 points? You knew it would be a nail-biter that was over at halftime?

Stop berating me and others who are simply being honest. Instead, PTM and AnotherMU84, tell everyone here why you are so bothered by people who state publicly that they hate seeing Marquette lose, especially badly … on national television.

Timing is almost everything, fellas, and this is not a good time for Marquette to be looking so bad.

🏀

• All American
Re: Go to bed, PTM … and AnotherMU84
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 10:43:08 PM »
You disagree that Marquette was woefully embarrassed tonight on national TV? Really?

Let me guess: You had expected MU to lose by “only” 33 points? You knew it would be a nail-biter that was over at halftime?

Stop berating me and others who are simply being honest. Instead, PTM and AnotherMU84, tell everyone here why you are so bothered by people who state publicly that they hate seeing Marquette lose, especially badly … on national television.

Timing is almost everything, fellas, and this is not a good time for Marquette to be looking so bad.

November is probably the best time to look bad.

JoBo2756

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 10:43:31 PM »

I'd rather look bad now... than any other time in the season... It's November.

Wait till March dude.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 10:44:44 PM »
November is probably the best time to look bad.

+1.  Unless you're the first one in Cobeen to put on the Frosh 50 in November.  Then... not so much.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 10:46:40 PM »

And what makes it worse was the game was televised in Living Color!

JoBo2756

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 10:47:25 PM »
+1.  Unless you're the first one in Cobeen to put on the Frosh 50 in November.  Then... not so much.

There's always Spring Break baby...

The Process

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 10:49:21 PM »

And Homey The Clown was in attendance...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2g1e8dZM3MY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2g1e8dZM3MY</a>

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 10:50:14 PM »
Florida is a fine university with a fine basketball team. To the average viewer from Anywhere, USA, Marquette looked tonight like a horrible basketball team from some school in the Midwest.

Clearly you haven't learned any lessons from conference realignment, in that the average college basketball viewer from Anywhere, USA doesn't exist in any meaningful quantity.  I hope that saves you from further deep personal embarrassment when...gasp...MU loses another of its 20-odd nationally-televised games.

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 10:53:52 PM »

I miss the NBC peacock. Very colorful. It would look great now in HD!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 10:55:58 PM »
With no go-to scorer, this team is going to struggle offensively.

But we ALL knew that considering we lost almost 50% of our offense in two people.

And we ALL knew Florida was one well-oiled machine this early in the year...and compared to MU, they were solid as a team.
SS Marquette

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 10:56:48 PM »
Anyone know what UNC Avenue said about the Tar Heels going down 29 to Butler and getting blown out by more than 20 to IU In the same week!

Is he also lamenting that UNC always gets embarrassed on national TV?

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
Huh?
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 10:59:34 PM »
Clearly you haven't learned any lessons from conference realignment, in that the average college basketball viewer from Anywhere, USA doesn't exist in any meaningful quantity.  I hope that saves you from further deep personal embarrassment when...gasp...MU loses another of its 20-odd nationally-televised games.

Cooby Snacks, I cannot pretend to understand your post.

Also, I hardly think Marquette has “20-odd” games this season that are nationally televised -- if you define “nationally televised” as being shown on channels that almost everyone sees at his or her home.

If I am understanding your post, I am pleased for you that a 33-point loss on true national TV is no big deal.

But, again, this is hardly a good time for Marquette to be getting its ass kicked, especially for all to see.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 11:01:34 PM by MU Avenue »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: Huh?
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 11:05:12 PM »
Cooby Snacks, I cannot pretend to understand your post.

Also, I hardly think Marquette has “20-odd” games this season that are nationally televised -- if you define “nationally televised” as being shown on channels that almost everyone sees at his or her home.

If I am understanding your post, I am pleased for you that a 33-point loss on true national TV is no big deal.

But, again, this is hardly a good time for Marquette to be getting its ass kicked, especially for all to see.

MU Avenue, look it up

http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/men_s_basketball/2012#schedule

I count exactly 20 national games.  And the tOSU game was cancelled so that would have been 21.

That does not count the BE tourney and the NCAA or NIT tourney (all games in both are national games).

So "20-odd" seems to be 100% correct.