[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[May 05, 2024, 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Montee Ball Arrested at Mifflin  (Read 10983 times)

GoMarquette32

• Team Captain
Montee Ball Arrested at Mifflin
« on: May 05, 2012, 04:11:05 PM »
Haha if this was a MU player The journal sentinel would be all over it.

lab_warrior

• All American
Re: Montee Ball Arrested at Mifflin
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 04:17:00 PM »
Haha if this was a MU player The journal sentinel would be all over it.

+1

I'm sure Don Walker will write ~10 articles about this.

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 05:11:08 PM »
ESPN Wisconsin folks and Ball himself saying that MPD was out to make an example for him.

Donny will probably say the same thing.

Warriors10

• All American

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 05:34:08 PM »
ESPN Wisconsin folks and Ball himself saying that MPD was out to make an example for him.

Donny will probably say the same thing.

Is that a photshop of Montee with all those traditionals?

GOO

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 05:36:59 PM »
Has to be more to the story in order to get a ticket.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 05:57:13 PM »
Has to be more to the story in order to get a ticket.

I think it takes EXTRAORDINARY HUSTLE to trespass at a BLOCK PARTY.  OOF.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 06:01:38 PM »
By all accounts Ball is a great kid, with great character.  Perhaps a jealousy related issue..Ball talking to some girl, and house owner not liking it..asks him to leave..and Ball takes offense?

Whatever the case, this seems comparable to the MU athletes getting cited for being underage in a bar - a non-story, period.  Will be interesting to see what the Journal Sentinel and Madison paper publish..
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 06:04:55 PM »
By all accounts Ball is a great kid, with great character.  Perhaps a jealousy related issue..Ball talking to some girl, and house owner not liking it..asks him to leave..and Ball takes offense?

Whatever the case, this seems comparable to the MU athletes getting cited for being underage in a bar - a non-story, period.  Will be interesting to see what the Journal Sentinel and Madison paper publish..

It'll be interesting to see if the house in question is firebombed.  If whoever called the cops goes to UW, God help them.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 06:11:06 PM »
Where are the unconfirmed rumors of other things that didn't actually happen?  Where was every other player on the team during this moment?  Can we get a summary of every time a player supposedly drove 26 in a 25, consumed a drop of alcohol (even at the legal age), or didn't wash his hands after going to the bathroom over the past three years?  Come on Urinal Scentinel, give us more substandard reporting like you do for MU!

As far as the "story", do. not. care.  A non-story, does not change my perception of Ball, Bielema, or UW.  

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 07:14:36 PM »
I think it takes EXTRAORDINARY HUSTLE to trespass at a BLOCK PARTY.  OOF.

The "no tresspassing" is a result of the wonderful City of Madison and Madison Police Department.  They have never liked the Mifflin Block Party and have been trying to do all they can to prevent it (just as they successfully crimped the State Street Halloween Party.  The $429 tickets were set up to hit everyone for underage drinking.  To get out of the fine, the residents needed to have some sort of "no tress passing" or claim the individuals were not invited to their party.  They may not have known Ball and speculated he might be a minor, so they claimed he was tress passing.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 08:34:46 PM »
The "no tresspassing" is a result of the wonderful City of Madison and Madison Police Department.  They have never liked the Mifflin Block Party and have been trying to do all they can to prevent it (just as they successfully crimped the State Street Halloween Party.  The $429 tickets were set up to hit everyone for underage drinking.  To get out of the fine, the residents needed to have some sort of "no tress passing" or claim the individuals were not invited to their party.  They may not have known Ball and speculated he might be a minor, so they claimed he was tress passing.

So they cuffed him for a ticket?  And I thought the MU Night Club incident was overblown...

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 08:37:38 PM »
So they cuffed him for a ticket?  And I thought the MU Night Club incident was overblown...
Yeah, that is a strange part of this story.  Likely more to it than what I gave.  At the time I wrote that, I was unaware of the handcuffing and perp walk.

I am sure that butch, fran and the other idiots from buckyville will somehow spin this that this is good for college sports in Wisconsin.  Oh wait, butch won't comment because it has nothing to do with Marquette.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 08:40:51 PM »
This has not come out yet, but my friends sisters, uncles, dead lesbian niece was there and she said that Monte Ball hit a completely innocent white male majoring in AG Journalism from Wisconsin Rapids over the head with a bottle.  Trust me this will be a huge deal and is just the tip of the iceberg.  I

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 09:49:28 PM »
By all accounts Ball is a great kid, with great character.  Perhaps a jealousy related issue..Ball talking to some girl, and house owner not liking it..asks him to leave..and Ball takes offense?

Whatever the case, this seems comparable to the MU athletes getting cited for being underage in a bar - a non-story, period.  Will be interesting to see what the Journal Sentinel and Madison paper publish..

Thanks.  Totally agree, and totally reasonable.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 09:51:57 PM »
As someone who lives in the Madison area... this is totally the police out to get anyone who puts a toe over the line.

They arrested twice as many people as they did last year... most of which were for open container violations.

It is pretty ridiculous that the city has cracked down so much in recent years.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 11:39:22 PM »

Oh, it IS a non-story for sure.  Just loving the terrific schadenfraude quotient of this.  How are those poor pearl clutching, faux-moralizing, phony a**hole Badger trollers going to choke this one down?

connie

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 06:38:44 AM »
As someone who lives in the Madison area... this is totally the police out to get anyone who puts a toe over the line.

They arrested twice as many people as they did last year... most of which were for open container violations.

It is pretty ridiculous that the city has cracked down so much in recent years.
Should have been wearing some anti-Walker protest sign.  Then they would have just let him go.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012, 10:11:10 AM »
Should have been wearing some anti-Walker protest sign.  Then they would have just let him go.

YEAH TOTALLY GOOD POINT, THANKS FOR THE POST!

moron.

connie

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 10:45:47 AM »

moron.
What a surprise.  Not a challenge to the point, just a personal attack.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012, 11:10:53 AM »
What a surprise.  Not a challenge to the point, just a personal attack.

You're the one arguing politics on a basketball forum.  gtfo.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2012, 11:13:21 AM »
I don't see any reason why this thread shouldn't be in the Superbar, except for the "woe-is-me" inferiority complex stroking going on by pointing out the "vast jsonline conspiracy" against MU.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2012, 11:46:02 AM »
At least Ball didn't run, assault a police officer and get pepper sprayed.

News flash, college aged young adults like to have alcoholic beverages!

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2012, 12:51:35 PM »

moron.

Classy.