[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What BE teams are you not rooting for in round 1 and 2?  (Read 2909 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
What BE teams are you not rooting for in round 1 and 2?
« on: March 17, 2011, 12:17:58 PM »
I'm looking for an 11-0 sweep.  I want the BE to send a message to the rest of the basketball world that we are another level.  

I want 9 BE teams in the sweet sixteen (including MU, of course).  I want every recruit looking at UNC, Duke, Kansas, UCLA, etc. to feel they are missing out by not going to a BE school.

How do others feel?

[Mu]EngiNerd

• Starter
  • BS08 MS10
Re: What BE teams are you not rooting for in round 1 and 2?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 12:19:38 PM »
I want all big east teams to win except Syracuse so we can get to the sweet 16 easier.
One Nerd to Rule them All - Bears - Blackhawks - Bulls - Cubs - Golden Eagles

Les Nessman

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 12:30:50 PM »
I want all big east teams to win except Syracuse so we can get to the sweet 16 easier.

+1

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 12:57:11 PM »
In my bracket, I picked everyone except West Virginia and St. John's to advance, so until my perfect bracket is busted (probably by WVU) I'll be pulling for all the Big East teams except maybe Notre Dame. I want the conference to dominate, but it's just hard for me to cheer for the Irish pretty much ever.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JD

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 08:13:19 PM »
I'm looking for an 11-0 sweep.  I want the BE to send a message to the rest of the basketball world that we are another level. 

I want 9 BE teams in the sweet sixteen (including MU, of course).  I want every recruit looking at UNC, Duke, Kansas, UCLA, etc. to feel they are missing out by not going to a BE school.

How do others feel?

+1

I agree 100%  It certainly cannot hurt us if the BEAST teams win,  it will help recruiting and it will be satisfying to silence all of the critics (BEAST hasn't one a national chip since 03) etc.
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

jt92

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 10:28:38 PM »
I want Syracuse, UConn, St. John's, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Villanova, Georgetown, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh and Loserville to lose this weekend

reinko

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 11:05:56 PM »
I want Syracuse, UConn, St. John's, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Villanova, Georgetown, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh and Loserville to lose this weekend

Why?

JD

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 11:40:58 PM »
(BEAST hasn't one a national chip since 03) etc.

Sorry I meant (won), I figured I'd fix that before I was put on blast!
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 10:09:44 AM »
Why?
Probably because a lot of those are our rivals.

How can anyone of you possibly cheer for Notre Dame or even think about cheering for Louisville.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 10:13:42 AM »
Rivalries are out during the tournament. It's all about conference brethren.

Having said that, I slept OK last night even though the 'Ville went down yesterday.

[Mu]EngiNerd

• Starter
  • BS08 MS10
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 10:14:07 AM »
Well if all of those teams lose then it looks bad upon the big east.  Next year we will get less teams in because of our previous failures in this years tourney. 

We do not want people questioning the strength of the big east cause it hurts everyone in the conference.
People quesiton the power of the big east getting 11 teams in... we want to prove a point why 11 teams got selected
One Nerd to Rule them All - Bears - Blackhawks - Bulls - Cubs - Golden Eagles

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 10:21:37 AM »
Probably because a lot of those are our rivals.

How can anyone of you possibly cheer for Notre Dame or even think about cheering for Louisville.

If you're in a pool.

only a warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 10:24:07 AM »
Sorry - it was fantastic to watch Slick Rick go down yesterday.  BEast or not.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 10:48:39 AM »
Rivalries are out during the tournament. It's all about conference brethren.

Having said that, I slept OK last night even though the 'Ville went down yesterday.

When did this whole conference brethern thing start?

If Marquette goes to the Regional and they were the only big east team to go would it really matter?  I sure hope not!!

This whole conference D!ck measuring contest usually starts with fans of teams like Ole Miss, Miss state, Washington State, Northwestern etc....  who arent good enough to stand on their own so they just hope some team in the conference wins so they can go on the ESPN message board and boast.

jt92

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 12:17:22 PM »
Because I can't stand any of them.  I love Marquette. 

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 01:41:11 PM »

If Marquette goes to the Regional and they were the only big east team to go would it really matter?  I sure hope not!!

This whole conference D!ck measuring contest usually starts with fans of teams like Ole Miss, Miss state, Washington State, Northwestern etc....  who arent good enough to stand on their own so they just hope some team in the conference wins so they can go on the ESPN message board and boast.

Let me clarify: I like to see the Big East do well in the Tournament, but I don't really care if our conference brethren meet their demise. In terms of who I cheer for during March:

1. MARQUETTE
2. The rest of the Big East
3. Whoever is playing Duke

MU1980

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 02:06:12 PM »

Do you really not understand why it benefits us for the rest of the Big East to do well in the NCAA tournament?  I am cheering loudly for every Big East school.  As much as it pains me to cheer for a school like Notre Dame, I know the positives far outweigh the negatives.

MU1980

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 02:08:38 PM »
I guess I haven't posted enough to know how replying to someone elses post works.  Anyway, here is my post to Kenosha Warrior. 

Do you really not understand why it benefits us for the rest of the Big East to do well in the NCAA tournament?  I am cheering loudly for every Big East school.  As much as it pains me to cheer for a school like Notre Dame, I know the positives far outweigh the negatives.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 02:11:11 PM »

I want Marquette to win above all. I'd take a Marquette Final Four gladly regardless of whether or not any other Big East teams made it out of the first weekend. But against the rest of the country, I want Big East teams to win. I want Marquette to be part of an all-Big East Final Four. I want the Big East to dominate the rest of the country because I like the idea that we are a part of an unstoppable conference. I think it's good for us in terms of who we can schedule and who we can recruit. A good Big East is good for us regardless. Our success is more important, but in lieu of that, I'd rather see a Big East team than any other conference.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback