[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

What will MU's ranking be this week?

1-5
6-10
11-13
15-20
21-25
in "others receiving votes"
no mention
In ESPN's Bottom 10 rankings

Author Topic: What Will Be MU's Ranking Tomorrow?  (Read 10316 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: What Will Be MU's Ranking Tomorrow?
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2009, 06:33:09 AM »
TV Dinner;

While I would love to see us beat ND on their floor, I just do not think it will happen. They rarely lose there. They are the Irish (luck of the Irish), the Golden Domers, and always get the hometown calls from the refs, football and basketball.

I don't know what their won lost % all time is at home, but it seems like for years they have always been up there with one of the longest home court win streaks.

If we win there, then we can really get excited about our prospects. I will be rooting for the Warriors, but we will need a tremendous game.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
I think we get No. 10 ranking
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 09:20:46 AM »
Maybe I'm just the internal optimist, but looking through everyone's games this week I think we come in at No. 10.  I think we clearly pass two teams: #11 Texas with it's 4th loss of the year a blowout against Oklahoma, and #12 Notre Dame after lopsided losses to Louisville and Syracuse to go to 5 losses.

Then I think we pass two of four:
#8 Syracuse with lopsided loss to a Georgetown team that is losing the luster from the UConn win, and will their win against ND be enough to keep them ahead of us with NDs struggles?
#9 UCLA with their 3rd loss against Arizona State (and the previous losses against Texas and Michigan teams that aren't looking as good now)
#10 Clemson which still has the early season wonder questions from last year getting beat by Wake.
#13 Georgetown did come back against Duke a little, and had the big win on Syracuse, but I think they are looking more like a freshman heavy team who is not quite there yet.

If we pass two of those four then we are Top 10.

I think it's really a reach for anyone to pass us.  Xavier was just behind us but not sure beating a decent Rhode Island team (12-6) and a weak LaSalle team gets them above us winning at Providence.

#16 Arizona State had the big win against UCLA, but lose to USC.

#19 Purdue two good wins, and #20 Louisville two impressive wins (ND and #1 Pitt), but that's a lot of spots to jump.

We could be #12, but I'm guessing, and hoping, for a Top 10 breakthrough.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2009, 09:26:56 AM »
TV Dinner;

While I would love to see us beat ND on their floor, I just do not think it will happen. They rarely lose there. They are the Irish (luck of the Irish), the Golden Domers, and always get the hometown calls from the refs, football and basketball.

I don't know what their won lost % all time is at home, but it seems like for years they have always been up there with one of the longest home court win streaks.

If we win there, then we can really get excited about our prospects. I will be rooting for the Warriors, but we will need a tremendous game.

Plus, we'll be their fourth game in a brutal stretch of five games.  at Louisville (L), at Syracuse (L), vs UConn, vs MU, at Pitt.  We are arguably their easiest game.  They HAVE to beat us because their season depends on it.

Root for ND to beat UConn.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 10:12:59 AM »

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 10:18:10 AM »
Who cares?   Keep taking care of business and the ranking will take care of itself.   Our next problem is DePaul.  Focus on the ranking instead of them and MU loses.   

I'm pretty sure i could spend the next two weeks focusing on Erin Andrews and it wouldn't effect the team's performance.  

2 kinds of posts i find silly:
1: Don't look ahead, WE have to take it one game at a time.
2: The talking about this is a waste of time.  (as if any time spent on this site is truly constructive.)

TJ

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2009, 10:56:43 AM »
Plus, we'll be their fourth game in a brutal stretch of five games.  at Louisville (L), at Syracuse (L), vs UConn, vs MU, at Pitt.  We are arguably their easiest game.  They HAVE to beat us because their season depends on it.

Root for ND to beat UConn.
You think that's tough, try @Georgetown, vs UConn, @Louisville, @Pitt, vs Syracuse.  That's a brutal stretch.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 10:59:09 AM by TJ »

thisists

• Starter
  • brew city bred
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 11:23:23 AM »
news is out. mu is #10.