collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Curt Schilling - yikes!  (Read 1535 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Curt Schilling - yikes!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 03:01:26 PM »
You are free to say whatever you want.   You are not free from consequences of staying stupid crap. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 03:06:26 PM »
He's about as irritating an announcer as I've ever heard. He just will not shut up. I actually like Kruk, but I don't think there's any love lost between the two...or any of Schillings former teammates for that matter.

brandx

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 04:17:21 PM »
From a couple years ago:

Curt Schilling's 38 Studios is having issues. They recently pulled out of an upcoming Expo because their new game, codenamed "Project Copernicus," isn't going to be ready on time. That game is being built with tens of millions of dollars guaranteed by Rhode Island taxpayers, in the form of a loan extended to the company to lure them to the state. Two weeks ago, 38 Studios defaulted on a loan payment, and if they go under, it'd be Rhode Islanders on the hook for more than $112 million.

The RI Economic Development Corporation held an emergency meeting today to discuss what should be done with 38 Studios. Schilling wants them to throw good money after bad, and, as WPRI puts it, "pleaded for additional state assistance." It sucks, admits the governor, who has criticized his predecessor's support of the initial loan program, but some more tax credits might be preferable to eating the whole mess.

Hey, here's a thing Curt Schilling said last year!
"There can be no question our country is in the worst economic crisis of our lifetimes. I also think there can be no question that it falls on us, the individuals, to find a way out of our own personal crisis."

Schilling has been vocal in his criticism of the ARRA stimulus, even though it directly funded the RI job creation program that handed out $75 million to 38 Studios.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 05:32:58 PM »

I have some friends whose timelines look quite similar.
and I know some boards that look quite similar to the comments section of the article.  Does the following remind anyone of a certain Scooper(s)?

"ZERO Racism in any of his posts. I want someone a__hole to show me where. It is all facts and very accurate. Some of the s__t Schilling will get in trouble for saying is very Brilliant but we are not “allowed” to say it. F__k__g joke!"

brandx

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 05:53:40 PM »
Who could it possibly be??
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 05:57:33 PM by brandx »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 09:07:36 AM »
and I know some boards that look quite similar to the comments section of the article.  Does the following remind anyone of a certain Scooper(s)?

"ZERO Racism in any of his posts. I want someone a__hole to show me where. It is all facts and very accurate. Some of the s__t Schilling will get in trouble for saying is very Brilliant but we are not “allowed” to say it. F__k__g joke!"

Sounds like something Brandx would say.   I went to that link from Jesu, are people really getting hot and bothered because the guy collects WWII stuff and has a bunch of stuff from the Brits, Americans, Canadians, Germans, Russians, Italians....but they're upset because he has more than one item from the Germans?  Really?   Good grief. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 12:06:04 PM »
Sounds like something Brandx would say.   I went to that link from Jesu, are people really getting hot and bothered because the guy collects WWII stuff and has a bunch of stuff from the Brits, Americans, Canadians, Germans, Russians, Italians....but they're upset because he has more than one item from the Germans?  Really?   Good grief.

So you think ESPN made a poor decision to suspend him?

brandx

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 01:42:07 PM »

Except for the fact that I would say the exact opposite if it were my comment.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 05:14:35 PM »
Curt Schilling is a racist, misogynistic scumbag and, basically, a creep. (Bad announcer, too, and pretty much hated by most ex-teammates.)

Of course ESPN is just in suspending him. What employer -- aside from the KKK -- would want to be linked to that?

I'd have fired him. Suspension would have been too good.

The biggest surprise is that somebody from ESPN didn't already know all that about him.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 07:27:25 PM »
Except for the fact that I would say the exact opposite if it were my comment.
Yeah, for the reason you stated it wasn't a nod in your direction.

He/they who shall not be named have not chimed in yet.  However, now that a contrarian point of view has been established I'd expect them to follow suite.