[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[May 07, 2024, 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: CDC suspends social distancing and masks if fully vaccinated  (Read 34282 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Re: CDC suspends social distancing and masks if fully vaccinated
« Reply #225 on: May 24, 2021, 10:59:04 PM »
Nice to see about 95% mask usage at the grocery store today despite it no longer being required by the company (for vaccinated individuals).  Stay safe out there.

Why is that nice to see?  If it’s no longer required by the place of business, the CDC, nor supported by science why is that nice to see?  Either you’re surrounded by science deniers or unvaccinated people, neither scenario sounds nice.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #226 on: May 24, 2021, 11:04:27 PM »
I’ve traveled quite a bit the last two months (after getting both doses). With United’s giveaway for winning free flights to those who upload their vaccine card to their site/app, I wonder if we get to a point with an airline that if 60% (I’m just picking a number here) of people on a flight manifest are fully vaccinated, no masks will be needed on said flight.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #227 on: May 24, 2021, 11:45:57 PM »
Why is that nice to see?  If it’s no longer required by the place of business, the CDC, nor supported by science why is that nice to see?  Either you’re surrounded by science deniers or unvaccinated people, neither scenario sounds nice.

Because it means people are being respectful of the comfort level of those around them?

I travel quite a bit even after the new guidance, and in some places most people are still wearing masks.  In others not many are (I assume they are vaccinated).  I follow the crowd - it's not that hard for me to mask up - and when in Rome....

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #228 on: May 25, 2021, 04:54:55 AM »
Since Connecticut went mask optional for vaccinated May 19 but individual store decision I've been leaving off where store mask signs have been completely taken down and wearing where the signs are still up.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #229 on: May 25, 2021, 05:46:14 AM »
Because it means people are being respectful of the comfort level of those around them?

I travel quite a bit even after the new guidance, and in some places most people are still wearing masks.  In others not many are (I assume they are vaccinated).  I follow the crowd - it's not that hard for me to mask up - and when in Rome....
Similar - the majority of stores in KC have followed CDC/local guidelines and removed the mask mandate but if the employees are masked up I'm going to respect that them and put it on. Seems like the nominal amount of courtesy to show those serving/working. We live a couple of blocks from Kansas, who lifted their requirements a month ago, and the difference is pretty stark with far fewer mask wearers. maybe because they've had a few more weeks to adjust to it.

Interestingly customer facing employees in KS are quick to adjust to the customer. We went car shopping a couple weeks ago (a thread in and of itself with current chip shortage) in every KS dealership, if it wasn't busy, as soon as we walked in with masks the staff immediately put theirs on. If it was busy they already had them on.

As you said - it's not that hard to show a little courtesy.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #230 on: May 25, 2021, 05:50:09 AM »

How is it being "respectful of the comfort level for those around them?"  If the vaccinated who are asymptomatic don't spread the disease, it's just a false sense of comfort.

Sorry but if masks aren't required by the place of business, then I am not wearing them given my vaccination status.  It has nothing to do with disrespecting someone else or making them feel less comfortable.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #231 on: May 25, 2021, 05:59:43 AM »
Nice to see about 95% mask usage at the grocery store today despite it no longer being required by the company (for vaccinated individuals).  Stay safe out there.

Respectful my ass. Its totally stupid. Liberals just can't give up their security blanket. Believe the science 'cuz its real, aina?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 06:05:38 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #232 on: May 25, 2021, 06:07:11 AM »
They've turned her into a celebrity. If not for the national media people outside of her district wouldn't know who she is (same with Bobert). They're giving her a national platform to spew her nonsense. She knows this too.  The media, and left, are being played by her and at the same time, elevating her in profile and importance.

It's the same with Trump now. He has no social media platform and yet my feeds are full of "did you see what Trump said" tweets. They're giving him what he can't get on his own.

100%

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #233 on: May 25, 2021, 06:09:14 AM »

Respectful my ass. Its totally stupid. Liberals just can't give up their security blanket. Believe the science 'cuz its real, aina?

Let us not forget that if Conservatives had just worn the damn things from the get go a couple hundred thousand people would still be alive and kickin, aina?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #234 on: May 25, 2021, 06:18:47 AM »
If the employees are wearing them, I will wear mine.    Common courtesy.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

• All American
« Reply #235 on: May 25, 2021, 07:22:34 AM »
If the employees are wearing them, I will wear mine.    Common courtesy.     

I don't get this.  If they are not required by the store for vaccinated customers, and you meet that definition, how is it common courtesy to wear a mask if employees are?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #236 on: May 25, 2021, 07:25:56 AM »
Let us not forget that if Conservatives had just worn the damn things from the get go a couple hundred thousand people would still be alive and kickin, aina?

Your response has nothing to do with the present. We now have a vaccine and it's available to everyone who desires it. Time to live in the here and now, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #237 on: May 25, 2021, 08:13:14 AM »
I don't get this.  If they are not required by the store for vaccinated customers, and you meet that definition, how is it common courtesy to wear a mask if employees are?
I'm sorry you don't get this.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #238 on: May 25, 2021, 08:14:23 AM »

It's nice to see because the science says that masks can prevent the spread of all illnesses/viruses/pathogens etc.  I like knowing that the members of my community have learned from the pandemic, and are continuing to take the (frankly extremely small and painless) step to help the health of both themselves as well as their neighbors, even if the spread that they're preventing is less dangerous than Covid-19.  Seeing people take their health/wellbeing more serious is nice to see the same way it is nice to see motorcycle riders choosing to wear helmets, even if it isn't required by law.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 08:19:32 AM by Its DJOver »

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #239 on: May 25, 2021, 08:17:25 AM »

This is not even remotely true.  I'm definitely liberal and I just stated unless required by the establishment, I'm not wearing my mask because I'm fully vaccinated. 
Fluffy just said the same thing.
The only other thing I've read here from the other "liberals" is to please show courtesy and respect to workers in an establishment. 

Slurping FOX, and using "just can't give up their security blanket" is too strong and blind to what others have already typed.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #240 on: May 25, 2021, 08:18:31 AM »

I've never posting anything political on this, or the main boards.  See my previous post about believing the science and seeing people learning about disease spread and taking new steps that they didn't have to prior to March '20. Stay safe.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #241 on: May 25, 2021, 08:28:11 AM »
I'm comfortable in having folks do whatever they want. If you prefer to wear a mask, go for it. If you're vaccinated and prefer not to... perfectly fine. Frankly if you're unvaccinated and choose not to mask; your risk. If someone 'preaches' about what I should do I'll ignore them. If they persist, I'll interact with them less or maybe not at all. Pretty simple.  :)

• All American
« Reply #242 on: May 25, 2021, 08:31:05 AM »
It's nice to see because the science says that masks can prevent the spread of all illnesses/viruses/pathogens etc.  I like knowing that the members of my community have learned from the pandemic, and are continuing to take the (frankly extremely small and painless) step to help the health of both themselves as well as their neighbors, even if the spread that they're preventing is less dangerous than Covid-19.  Seeing people take their health/wellbeing more serious is nice to see the same way it is nice to see motorcycle riders choosing to wear helmets, even if it isn't required by law.

So according to you, we should all be wearing masks indoors at all times to prevent the spread of all disease?  Sorry that was never supposed to be the standard that society was expecting to live up to.  If you want to do so, that's great, but IMO that standard is well beyond simple "common courtesy" if you asked about 95% of the people out there.

• All American
« Reply #243 on: May 25, 2021, 08:31:37 AM »
I'm sorry you don't get this.

I'm sorry you can't explain it.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #244 on: May 25, 2021, 08:38:43 AM »

So according to you, we should all be wearing masks indoors at all times to prevent the spread of all disease?  Sorry that was never supposed to be the standard that society was expecting to live up to.  If you want to do so, that's great, but IMO that standard is well beyond simple "common courtesy" if you asked about 95% of the people out there.

Not at all times no.  I'm sitting alone in my office right now, maskless.  When I'm outside, I do not wear one, unless I know I will be in a crowded space (I will be wearing one when I'm at summerfest this fall).  As I originally said, I was in a grocery store, which is a space where it is inherently more difficult to socially distance because of the isles.  I anticipate wearing a mask at grocery stores for the foreseeable future.  I anticipate wearing a mask at all MU games this winter.  I believe that you can both "do everything you could do before Covid" and wear a mask while doing so.  I guess wearing a mask bothers some more than others, it's never really bothered me at all, so I see no reason not to continue to do so when the situation calls for it.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #245 on: May 25, 2021, 08:51:42 AM »
Not at all times no.  I'm sitting alone in my office right now, maskless.  When I'm outside, I do not wear one, unless I know I will be in a crowded space (I will be wearing one when I'm at summerfest this fall).  As I originally said, I was in a grocery store, which is a space where it is inherently more difficult to socially distance because of the isles.  I anticipate wearing a mask at grocery stores for the foreseeable future.  I anticipate wearing a mask at all MU games this winter.  I believe that you can both "do everything you could do before Covid" and wear a mask while doing so.  I guess wearing a mask bothers some more than others, it's never really bothered me at all, so I see no reason not to continue to do so when the situation calls for it.

Go for it DJO.  Seriously.  But don't expect that many others will.  And for goodness sake, don't place those expectations on others.  Do that and nobody can have a legitimate gripe.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #246 on: May 25, 2021, 08:55:25 AM »
Go for it DJO.  Seriously.  But don't expect that many others will.  And for goodness sake, don't place those expectations on others.  Do that and nobody can have a legitimate gripe.

Absolutely, I was not judging those that weren't wearing masks yesterday, it was 100% observational.  I expect that given more time, even the most stringent mask wearers will start to relax their personal policies.

May not be a perfect analogy, but statistically speaking, there has been no safer time to fly in my lifetime, than when the airports first opened up after 9/11.  Yet, I know a ton of people that were still extremely hesitant months afterwards.  As more and more time passes, I will likely be more and more comfortable not wearing a mask.  I think that is just human nature.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #247 on: May 25, 2021, 08:59:39 AM »

show me the data on this!  totally irresponsible response.  either purposely provocative or ill-informed(putting it politely) i can make a long list of yur peeps who, when the cams weren't on, were defying every order they subscribed upon their fiefdom.  wretchen gretchen, killer coumo, gruesome newsome...bunch of hypocrites

those gaiter things are the worst.  you know how dirty they are?  you think they wash those even once per week?  if they filter anything, which they don't, they harbor more disease than they are meant to protect anyone from.  they are breathing in a science project of bugs and exhaling them as well.  i'd love to do a petri test with one.  shake it over the dish and let it grow...
don't...don't don't don't don't

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #248 on: May 25, 2021, 09:23:26 AM »

I can't believe that I'm agreeing with sultan.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #249 on: May 25, 2021, 09:24:47 AM »
show me the data on this!  totally irresponsible response.  either purposely provocative or ill-informed(putting it politely) i can make a long list of yur peeps who, when the cams weren't on, were defying every order they subscribed upon their fiefdom.  wretchen gretchen, killer coumo, gruesome newsome...bunch of hypocrites

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/10/24/927472457/universal-mask-wearing-could-save-some-130-000-u-s-lives-study-suggests

feedback