[Today at 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: CDC suspends social distancing and masks if fully vaccinated  (Read 34321 times)

The Lens

• All American
Re: CDC suspends social distancing and masks if fully vaccinated
« Reply #201 on: May 23, 2021, 02:59:14 PM »
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/lauren-boebert-falsely-texas-no-covid-19-deaths-two-months-2021-5

I find a lot of faults with Dem policy but I don’t find as many Dems who are just out right lying / misrepresenting the truth like Boebert, MTG & even the lost soul of Ron Johnson.  I can’t believe fellow GOPers don’t find value in shutting these people up.  Their lies is not doing a thing to grow the party.  It’s feeding a small part of the base.  Incredibly frustrating.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #202 on: May 23, 2021, 03:08:02 PM »
I find a lot of faults with Dem policy but I don’t find as many Dems who are just out right lying / misrepresenting the truth like Boebert, MTG & even the lost soul of Ron Johnson.  I can’t believe fellow GOPers don’t find value in shutting these people up.  Their lies is not doing a thing to grow the party.  It’s feeding a small part of the base.  Incredibly frustrating.

If the media weren’t so fixated on MTG and Bobert their crackpot claims would go nowhere. But instead, they’re elevating them to deity status much like Fox News did with AOC.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #203 on: May 23, 2021, 03:30:05 PM »
If the media weren’t so fixated on MTG and Bobert their crackpot claims would go nowhere. But instead, they’re elevating them to deity status much like Fox News did with AOC.
Some blame on the media but this is very much a GOP problem - they created it, they voted them in, and they need to deal with it. Otherwise we'd be able to point out the efforts the GOP leadership are taking to reign these obviously insane representatives and then point to the media resurrecting the crazy. But there hasn't been any criticism from the leadership. Lack of criticism = endorsement (also, people said the exact same thing about the media and Trump)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #204 on: May 23, 2021, 03:39:51 PM »

Absolutely ... it's absolutely the media's fault that Marjorie Q. Greene compared a House mask mandate with Jews being taken to the gas chamber.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #205 on: May 23, 2021, 03:55:05 PM »
Think he is talking about Lightfoot. Not sure why he thinks that is relevant.
got it, super odd non sequitur. Unless.....

Red herring to distract from the big lie and complete absence of ideas.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #206 on: May 23, 2021, 05:39:19 PM »
Absolutely ... it's absolutely the media's fault that Marjorie Q. Greene compared a House mask mandate with Jews being taken to the gas chamber.

If nobody hears it does it matter?

I know, ratings and clicks.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #207 on: May 23, 2021, 06:01:17 PM »
If nobody hears it does it matter?

I know, ratings and clicks.

So, it is your contention that the media should ignore when a member of Congress says such things - let alone when her party leadership condones them.  Interesting.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #208 on: May 23, 2021, 09:24:13 PM »

Lens, you're right, but your fellow GOPers have concluded that they don't want or need to grow the party but instead will use rigged statehouses and federal judiciary to shrink the electorate.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #209 on: May 24, 2021, 10:58:35 AM »
So, it is your contention that the media should ignore when a member of Congress says such things - let alone when her party leadership condones them.  Interesting.

They've turned her into a celebrity. If not for the national media people outside of her district wouldn't know who she is (same with Bobert). They're giving her a national platform to spew her nonsense. She knows this too.  The media, and left, are being played by her and at the same time, elevating her in profile and importance.

It's the same with Trump now. He has no social media platform and yet my feeds are full of "did you see what Trump said" tweets. They're giving him what he can't get on his own.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #210 on: May 24, 2021, 11:15:47 AM »
They've turned her into a celebrity. If not for the national media people outside of her district wouldn't know who she is (same with Bobert). They're giving her a national platform to spew her nonsense. She knows this too.  The media, and left, are being played by her and at the same time, elevating her in profile and importance.

It's the same with Trump now. He has no social media platform and yet my feeds are full of "did you see what Trump said" tweets. They're giving him what he can't get on his own.

Clicks above all else!!  Forget the divide it causes amongst us.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #211 on: May 24, 2021, 11:17:59 AM »

You're blaming the media for her platform not the district that elected a nut job high school drop out to federal office? This is some misplaced frustration 
Maigh Eo for Sam

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #212 on: May 24, 2021, 12:06:28 PM »
Clicks above all else!!  Forget the divide it causes amongst us.
That's right! It's the media's fault that the high school dropout, the Qanon adherent, and the underage sex-trafficker are simultaneously the loudest and the most ignorant national legislators. It's the media that is trying to divide, not these imbeciles with their actual words.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 12:08:08 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #213 on: May 24, 2021, 12:09:33 PM »
You're blaming the media for her platform not the district that elected a nut job high school drop out to federal office? This is some misplaced frustration

He did say “outside her district”.  They are plenty to blame.  But there are terrible Congresspeople across the country who are dumb and say dumb stuff but are more or less anonymous to the general public nationally.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #214 on: May 24, 2021, 12:14:00 PM »
That's right! It's the media's fault that the high school dropout, the Qanon adherent, and the underage sex-trafficker are simultaneously the loudest and the most ignorant national legislators. It's the media that is trying to divide, not these imbeciles with their actual words.

It's also the media's fault that when MTG compares the push for vaccines to Jews being gassed in Nazi Germany, basically only Adam K calls her out.  Does McCarthy not have twitter?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #215 on: May 24, 2021, 12:31:29 PM »
It's also the media's fault that when MTG compares the push for vaccines to Jews being gassed in Nazi Germany, basically only Adam K calls her out.  Does McCarthy not have twitter?
What would you have him do? Surely not call her out and incur the wrath of Dear Leader??

The Republican party had the opportunity to make a clean break from Trump after 1/6; they chose the opposite, right down to pretending the insurrection was just a normal day. And once they took that step, they had to adhere to ALL the dogma including the evilness of masks, the vaccine, and "stolen" elections.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #216 on: May 24, 2021, 02:44:02 PM »
Don't make me stop the car and shut this board down!

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #217 on: May 24, 2021, 02:51:25 PM »
https://www.wired.com/story/the-teeny-tiny-scientific-screwup-that-helped-covid-kill/

Very interesting look into the history of the whole "5 micron aerosol" thing and how that threshold impacted the bad advice that Sars-CoV-2 is not airborne early on.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #218 on: May 24, 2021, 08:23:32 PM »
Don't make me stop the car and shut this board down!

+1

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #219 on: May 24, 2021, 08:45:57 PM »

Sarcasm, I assume?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #220 on: May 24, 2021, 09:24:22 PM »

Lens

Guess you missed Adam Schiff, Jerry Nadler, et al. They knew from sworn testimony in closed session that there was no evidence of Russian collusion but publicly insisted differently for years. So, the very definition of the big lie.

Anyone who is surprised by politicians (from either side) blatantly lying when it suits their purposes hasn’t been paying attention for at least 20 years.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #221 on: May 24, 2021, 09:42:13 PM »
Nice to see about 95% mask usage at the grocery store today despite it no longer being required by the company (for vaccinated individuals).  Stay safe out there.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #222 on: May 24, 2021, 09:56:56 PM »
Guess you missed Adam Schiff, Jerry Nadler, et al. They knew from sworn testimony in closed session that there was no evidence of Russian collusion but publicly insisted differently for years. So, the very definition of the big lie.
False. Did the January 6th tourists tell you this one?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #223 on: May 24, 2021, 10:30:56 PM »

I think Joe’s popularity and cold efficiency have riled these people up again. They miss the chaos & crazy.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #224 on: May 24, 2021, 10:36:05 PM »

LOL. Never voted for Trump. Too many true things about him disturbed me. But that doesn’t mean I swallow the fiction, too. That’s for the lunatics from the far left.