[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[May 07, 2024, 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: CDC suspends social distancing and masks if fully vaccinated  (Read 34292 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: CDC suspends social distancing and masks if fully vaccinated
« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2021, 05:36:57 PM »
agree one hundred percent. But welcome to modern, politicize everything America. Before the election you had people on the left saying they wouldn't trust a vaccine approved by "Trump's FDA" (Vice President Harris and Governor Cuomo said something along those lines). Now there are people on the right saying the same, except about approval by "Biden's FDA." This dude falls into the latter category.

saint tony's FDA.  it's about time he get's some heat for his hemming and hawing, flipping and flopping.  i guess that's why he started hanging out with the "cool people" to provide him some cover.  why, we can't criticize doc fettucine cuz he hated #45.  there needs to be a full investigation into how and why this virus was ever "constructed", how when and why it got out of wuhan and speaking of real reparations, china needs to be held accountable to the rest of the world.  why are many afraid to criticize china for anything?  this has to stop. 

we were on our way to holding them accountable, but then the biden enterprise got in the way
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2021, 10:31:26 PM »
You do realize that the average person doesn't understand the nuance, right?

I expect Marquette-educated people to be above average.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #152 on: May 20, 2021, 11:58:05 PM »
My (CO ) workplace is following CDC guidance and basically lifting all restrictions for vaccinated folks, effective today.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2021, 04:25:51 AM »
My (CO ) workplace is following CDC guidance and basically lifting all restrictions for vaccinated folks, effective today.

How are they verifying?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2021, 04:28:44 AM »
How are they verifying?

If it’s like ours, they aren’t.

The moral burden of keeping people safe is shifting from the collective to the individual. It was inevitably going to happen at some point.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 04:31:07 AM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2021, 05:20:32 AM »

Mine did the same yesterday.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2021, 06:01:59 AM »
  saint tony's FDA.  it's about time he get's some heat for his hemming and hawing, flipping and flopping.  i guess that's why he started hanging out with the "cool people" to provide him some cover.  why, we can't criticize doc fettucine cuz he hated #45.  there needs to be a full investigation into how and why this virus was ever "constructed", how when and why it got out of wuhan and speaking of real reparations, china needs to be held accountable to the rest of the world.  why are many afraid to criticize china for anything?  this has to stop. 

we were on our way to holding them accountable, but then the biden enterprise got in the way

Don't you have some cloud to be yelling at, old man?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2021, 06:21:36 AM »
There is no need to verify. Anyone who desires vaccination has gotten it by now. As for others, live at your own risk. Don't look to others or the government to protect your sorry ass, aina?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 09:15:50 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2021, 08:52:13 AM »

Did that this week at the company I work for, but we have asked people to voluntarily disclose if they have been vaccinated. So far almost 60% of the company has responded that they have.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2021, 09:21:40 AM »

We did it last Friday. Our building still has not, so we wear masks in the common areas but not within our space.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2021, 09:25:48 AM »
How are they verifying?

CO does not require verification. But, my workplace may be a bit unique in the honesty of the employees - so I trust my coworkers.

Did that this week at the company I work for, but we have asked people to voluntarily disclose if they have been vaccinated. So far almost 60% of the company has responded that they have.

Same (voluntary) disclosure for us.  Don't know the response rate, but anecdotally, everyone I've talked to is vaccinated, including a few that I didn't expect.  So I'm guessing that our vaccination rate is higher than the national rate.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 09:33:27 AM by rocky_warrior »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2021, 10:10:23 AM »
There is no need to verify. Anyone who desires vaccination has gotten it by now. As for others, live at your own risk. Don't look to others or the government to protect your sorry ass, aina?

unnatural carnal knowledge those unable to get vaccine, Aina?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2021, 10:14:17 AM »

It’s unfortunate but the alternative is???
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2021, 10:28:06 AM »
It’s unfortunate but the alternative is???

Prevent those willingly avoiding the vaccine from putting those unable to be vaccinated at risk.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2021, 10:48:53 AM »
Does anyone know the fundamental difference between someone that has been fully vaccinated and someone with both strong IgG and IgM antibodies?  Or if there is one?  In terms of transmission and whatnot.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2021, 10:57:08 AM »
Does anyone know the fundamental difference between someone that has been fully vaccinated and someone with both strong IgG and IgM antibodies?  Or if there is one?  In terms of transmission and whatnot.

I don’t know the answer to this but there is a lot of research on the vaccines providing a more complete and durable immunity.  Here is one tweet summary with a link to the publication in the tweet.

https://twitter.com/erictopol/status/1394276222444609536?s=21

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2021, 11:05:12 AM »
I don’t know the answer to this but there is a lot of research on the vaccines providing a more complete and durable immunity.  Here is one tweet summary with a link to the publication in the tweet.

https://twitter.com/erictopol/status/1394276222444609536?s=21

Thanks.  I only ask cause my fiancee is still delaying her vaccination awaiting fertility studies (its been an ongoing argument with us, but shes overly cautious and it seems to be while the vaccines arent proven to have issues, they also arent proven not to...until studies complete).  However, she got an antibody test last week and still has incredibly robust antibodies of both kinds.  She's still wearing a mask and operating as normal in that way, but we were just discussing from risk standpoint, how different was she than someone who had been vaccinated (obviously pending antibodies wearing off).

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2021, 11:05:27 AM »
Prevent those willingly avoiding the vaccine from putting those unable to be vaccinated at risk.

C'mon man, let's get real. It's time to come out of the hidey hole, let go of the security blanket, and restore normalcy, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2021, 11:10:45 AM »

Those who haven't been vaccinated yet can still choose to wear a mask in places that have dropped mask mandates. Those who are vaccinated don't need to worry about whether unmasked folks are vaccinated or not. I think this is the basic premise of the CDC guidance and makes complete sense.

We've all been asked bear the burden of trying to prevent the spread for a very long time. For those who have been vaccinated, there is no need to continue to enforce restrictions. For those who have not, just keep doing what you've been doing until you can get your shots.  I will personally welcome the societal shift of going back to not assuming every human being in your vicinity is a threat to your health and happiness.

I don't see a need to show proof of vaccination for most everyday activities like shopping, exercising, go to work, etc. Travel is a little different because of the close proximity in confined spaces, but I still think the ideas above apply here.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #169 on: May 21, 2021, 11:36:36 AM »
Thanks.  I only ask cause my fiancee is still delaying her vaccination awaiting fertility studies (its been an ongoing argument with us, but shes overly cautious and it seems to be while the vaccines arent proven to have issues, they also arent proven not to...until studies complete).  However, she got an antibody test last week and still has incredibly robust antibodies of both kinds.  She's still wearing a mask and operating as normal in that way, but we were just discussing from risk standpoint, how different was she than someone who had been vaccinated (obviously pending antibodies wearing off).

I thought I saw a small study on this and that it was safe (vaccine). If I stumble on it I will post the link.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #170 on: May 21, 2021, 11:46:55 AM »
Those who haven't been vaccinated yet can still choose to wear a mask in places that have dropped mask mandates.

Not gonna happen. I would think that most of those that are unvaccinated have been fighting against wearing masks.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2021, 11:55:29 AM »
Good try, but not entirely accurate. A large segment of the African-American population is abstaining from vaccination. They remain skeptical of side effects and do not want to be "guinea pigs" as they feel they have been in the past, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #172 on: May 21, 2021, 01:05:29 PM »
Not gonna happen. I would think that most of those that are unvaccinated have been fighting against wearing masks.

this is true.  What I find ridiculous is the vaccinated who continue to wear masks outside and try and shame those who don't, even if we're vaccinated. Restaurants who have announced "mask optional" policies have been deluged with complaints and threats from makers while those who are continuing mask requirements are being deluged with threats from anti-maskers.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #173 on: May 21, 2021, 01:13:42 PM »

I was more referring to those who haven't been yet been vaccinated but have plans to be.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #174 on: May 21, 2021, 01:47:04 PM »
I was more referring to those who haven't been yet been vaccinated but have plans to be.

And that's a fair point to have with regards to folks who will be vaccinated, but haven't yet been.

I was referring to those unable to be vaccinated for whatever medical reason.