[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[May 07, 2024, 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: CDC suspends social distancing and masks if fully vaccinated  (Read 34298 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: CDC suspends social distancing and masks if fully vaccinated
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2021, 09:10:35 PM »
BTW, our public health guidelines on campus for next year look like they are going to be...  Do everything like you did this year....test and isolate the symptomatic, contact trace those they came in contact with, but the vaccinated are exempt from testing and quarantine (unless symptomatic) AND are exempt from surveillance testing as well.

Right now we are leaning against mandating vaccines, but making it very clear that many of the rules and regulations from 2020-21 will still be in place next year if you aren't vaccinated.  (Including indoor masking and distancing.)

"leaning against mandating vaccine" but get vaccinated or else...and here's your "sticker" 
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2021, 09:49:02 PM »
If we had polio or measles outbreaks today and needed all Americans to get vaccinated to eradicate those horrible diseases, we’d be effed.

Freedom!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2021, 08:32:53 AM »
  "leaning against mandating vaccine" but get vaccinated or else...and here's your "sticker" 

Right.  Because people who aren't vaccinated can get sick and spread the disease.  This is pretty much what every school is going to do because no school wants to be the center of an outbreak and many are going to be mandated to operate this way from local health departments.

You do realize that schools already mandate certain vaccines right?  They likely did when your children attended them.  And if they choose to not be vaccinated for whatever reason, they aren't guaranteed to finish the semester, get refunds, etc.

What schools are doing are nothing new.  What's new is that this vaccine has been politicized and brainless lapdogs like yourself just lap it up.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2021, 08:47:02 AM »
I'm really having difficulty wrapping my arms around a viewpoint that says one's 'free' not to get the vaccine (I happen to agree with that) but that private enterprises are not free to place restrictions or refuse to serve the unvaccinated.  I said this once before somewhere else.  Being unvaccinated isn't a protected class.

And on a separate note, I was appalled this morning to see a personal (fully vaccinated) friend attacked on FB by a couple 'so called' friends who lectured her when she dared to enter a big box retailer without wearing a mask (in full compliance with store policy) and posted a picture of the happy moment. Folks doing that to me would be out of my life immediately. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2021, 09:05:24 AM »
Unvaccinated folks=live at your own risk.

For those of us who choose to believe the science...its over. Carry on like its March 9, 2020, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2021, 09:06:37 AM »
I'm really having difficulty wrapping my arms around a viewpoint that says one's 'free' not to get the vaccine (I happen to agree with that) but that private enterprises are not free to place restrictions or refuse to serve the unvaccinated.  I said this once before somewhere else.  Being unvaccinated isn't a protected class.

And on a separate note, I was appalled this morning to see a personal (fully vaccinated) friend attacked on FB by a couple 'so called' friends who lectured her when she dared to enter a big box retailer without wearing a mask (in full compliance with store policy) and posted a picture of the happy moment. Folks doing that to me would be out of my life immediately. 

Agreed and agreed.  The idea that fully vaccinated people are acting dangerously when they don't wear masks in situations when the store policy doesn't call for it, is just as silly and anti-science as they were likely accusing others of being a year ago.

I will happily put on a mask when a retailer requires it.  I will not wear one when they do not.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2021, 09:19:06 AM »

Agreed and agreed.  The idea that fully vaccinated people are acting dangerously when they don't wear masks in situations when the store policy doesn't call for it, is just as silly and anti-science as they were likely accusing others of being a year ago.

I will happily put on a mask when a retailer requires it.  I will not wear one when they do not.

And I will add Sultan that we're free to patronize establishments or not depending on their policy. I'll go back to the cruise industry for a moment. A cruise line might decide not to require vaccinations and then be obligated to follow very restrictive CDC guidelines like 'masks required on Lido deck'. Well, I won't be spending my $ there.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2021, 09:43:55 AM »

Right.  Because people who aren't vaccinated can get sick and spread the disease.  This is pretty much what every school is going to do because no school wants to be the center of an outbreak and many are going to be mandated to operate this way from local health departments.

You do realize that schools already mandate certain vaccines right?  They likely did when your children attended them.  And if they choose to not be vaccinated for whatever reason, they aren't guaranteed to finish the semester, get refunds, etc.

What schools are doing are nothing new.  What's new is that this vaccine has been politicized and brainless lapdogs like yourself just lap it up.

you are forgetting about those who have had and recovered from covid.  have plasma antibodies or killer T-cells

science also says unvaccinated (not sure under what age) are more safe than a vaccinated 85 year old statistically speaking
don't...don't don't don't don't

• All American
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2021, 09:50:51 AM »
  you are forgetting about those who have had and recovered from covid.  have plasma antibodies or killer T-cells

science also says unvaccinated (not sure under what age) are more safe than a vaccinated 85 year old statistically speaking

Science also says that those who got Covid should be vaccinated.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html

"Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected."

Science also says that the unvaccinated can spread the disease even if they are asymptomatic (which we have known for over a year now....but apparently needs to be explained again and again), but the 85 year old who is vaccinated isn't spreading the disease unless they are symptomatic. 

For a guy who claims to know a lot about science, you really don't know a lot about science.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2021, 09:51:16 AM »
If we had polio or measles outbreaks today and needed all Americans to get vaccinated to eradicate those horrible diseases, we’d be effed.

I think we'd be fine as long as it didn't get politicized...wait...yeah, you're right...we'd be effed.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2021, 10:13:36 AM »

This is why I generally avoid social media.  Friends and relatives become acquaintances.  It's also turned a lot of people into narcissists, and given rise to the misinformation problem that plagues our society.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2021, 10:28:36 AM »
This is why I generally avoid social media.  Friends and relatives become acquaintances.  It's also turned a lot of people into narcissists, and given rise to the misinformation problem that plagues our society.

It’s just the easiest and cleanest way for someone to flail at moral superiority.  My younger sister has a friend that does big numbers in Tik Tok, not Charli D’Amelio numbers but enough to raise an eyebrow.  So she’ll send them every so often in a group chat if one is particularly popular or funny.  Multiple times she did a dance or video outside, not in a crowded venue, but a park or on the street, and the comments are FILLED with

“WHERE IS YOUR MASK?!” 
“ITS A PANDEMIC BUT I GUESS LOOKING CUTE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN WEARING A MASK TO SAVE LIVES”. 

That sort of crap is everywhere, it’s pathetic

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2021, 10:51:36 AM »
Some folks just can't give up their security blanket. Believe the science, its real, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2021, 11:30:48 AM »

Of course you ignored that fact that schools require certain vaccinations in order to enroll students and have done so for years without the right wing having tantrums about it. So tell us, how is it different now?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2021, 11:32:47 AM »
Unvaccinated folks=live at your own risk.

For those of us who choose to believe the science...its over. Carry on like its March 9, 2020, hey?

Apparently, the stars and planets are aligned. We are in full agreement on this.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2021, 11:40:43 AM »

You are a smart man, Hards. Social media is a pit of snakes. I don't do facebook. I don't do Instagram. I only have a Twitter account to read the tweets that are posted on Scoop.

If I want to know what a friend thinks, I call and ask or get together and talk. I have no use for the opinions (that I didn't ask for) of acquaintances about what I should do or think..

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2021, 11:48:30 AM »
You are a smart man, Hards. Social media is a pit of snakes. I don't do facebook. I don't do Instagram. I only have a Twitter account to read the tweets that are posted on Scoop.

If I want to know what a friend thinks, I call and ask or get together and talk. I have no use for the opinions (that I didn't ask for) of acquaintances about what I should do or think..

Facebook was a lot of fun in it's infancy.  The fun has very much run its course.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2021, 11:58:03 AM »
I only personally know two individuals who are refusing to get vaccinated. One is my assistant's husband. He is the son of Russian immigrants who is not getting it due to religious reasons (Russian Orthodox) and whose parents are anti-vax due to their experiences in the USSR. She got the vaccine though as it's required at our workplace starting in August. She's also trying to guilt him into getting it.

The other is one of my wife's old coworkers. Very libertarian, doesn't trust that the vaccine has been properly tested. He's also moving to Idaho in next month so it kind of makes sense he'd make that decision.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2021, 12:18:46 PM »
I only personally know two individuals who are refusing to get vaccinated. One is my assistant's husband. He is the son of Russian immigrants who is not getting it due to religious reasons (Russian Orthodox) and whose parents are anti-vax due to their experiences in the USSR. She got the vaccine though as it's required at our workplace starting in August. She's also trying to guilt him into getting it.

The other is one of my wife's old coworkers. Very libertarian, doesn't trust that the vaccine has been properly tested. He's also moving to Idaho in next month so it kind of makes sense he'd make that decision.

Drives me insane.  Laymen not understanding the difference between FDA emergency use and full approval.  Meanwhile I have employees who want to 'keep their body natural' while cashing a pack of Marlboro's every day.

Certainly some people have tipped their hand as to their lack of intelligence.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2021, 12:46:55 PM »

Did she used to work with Chico’s???

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2021, 12:50:49 PM »
Drives me insane.  Laymen not understanding the difference between FDA emergency use and full approval.  Meanwhile I have employees who want to 'keep their body natural' while cashing a pack of Marlboro's every day.

Certainly some people have tipped their hand as to their lack of intelligence.

agree one hundred percent. But welcome to modern, politicize everything America. Before the election you had people on the left saying they wouldn't trust a vaccine approved by "Trump's FDA" (Vice President Harris and Governor Cuomo said something along those lines). Now there are people on the right saying the same, except about approval by "Biden's FDA." This dude falls into the latter category.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2021, 01:01:17 PM »

Must be hoarding and preparing for the zombie apocalypses while at it.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2021, 02:42:38 PM »
 Cubs president Jed Hoyer says he's "disappointed" his team isn't likely to reach the 85% vaccination threshold that leads to reduced COVID-19 regulations.

"It's disappointing to not be at 85% as a team," Hoyer said. "We've worked hard to try and convince or educate the people that have been reluctant. We're at a place right now -- I'm not going to give up hope we're going to get there -- my level of optimism is waning. It is disappointing."

About half the teams in MLB have reached the threshold and qualify for looser restrictions, such as the elimination of mask-wearing and the ability to use shared spaces in clubhouses, indoor and outdoor dining and many other everyday life activities.

Maybe it's just me, but I would be kinda pissed if I couldn't engage in normal activities just because a few guys refuse to get the vaccine. Be interesting to see if we have any intra-team conflicts over this.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2021, 02:44:54 PM »
agree one hundred percent. But welcome to modern, politicize everything America. Before the election you had people on the left saying they wouldn't trust a vaccine approved by "Trump's FDA" (Vice President Harris and Governor Cuomo said something along those lines). Now there are people on the right saying the same, except about approval by "Biden's FDA." This dude falls into the latter category.

I’ll say you are misremembering what Harris said because I don’t want to accuse you of lying. Her exact quote was:

“If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors, tell us that we should take it, I’ll be the first in line to take it – absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I’m not taking it.”

So “Trump’s FDA” (to use your term), she would trust. Trump himself, no. And who can blame her? The guy pushed every wackadoodle “cure” for months, even brought in a Demon Seed “doctor” and the MyPillow guy.

And of course, she and Biden received their vaccine doses on national TV to serve as role models. Trump? He received his privately, and he didn’t admit to getting it for two months even as his supporters refused to take it.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2021, 03:55:08 PM »
I’ll say you are misremembering what Harris said because I don’t want to accuse you of lying. Her exact quote was:

“If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors, tell us that we should take it, I’ll be the first in line to take it – absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I’m not taking it.”

So “Trump’s FDA” (to use your term), she would trust. Trump himself, no. And who can blame her? The guy pushed every wackadoodle “cure” for months, even brought in a Demon Seed “doctor” and the MyPillow guy.

And of course, she and Biden received their vaccine doses on national TV to serve as role models. Trump? He received his privately, and he didn’t admit to getting it for two months even as his supporters refused to take it.

You do realize that the average person doesn't understand the nuance, right?

It was an absurd comment at the time, and did nothing to improve vaccine hesitancy.

feedback