[May 08, 2024, 07:39:19 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[May 08, 2024, 08:59:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette NBA Thread  (Read 467643 times)

NCMUFan

• All American
Re: Marquette NBA Thread
« Reply #2450 on: December 23, 2023, 11:03:41 AM »
No surprise.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #2451 on: December 23, 2023, 01:36:39 PM »
Goal is National Championship

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #2452 on: December 24, 2023, 11:14:38 PM »
Omax with his best game as a pro getting a lot of minutes as the Mavs were boat raced without Luka and Kyrie.

30 min. 20 pts 6 rebounds(zero blocks though) on 6/13 and 7/9 from the line

He definitely had a block. Weird if he wasn’t credited with one. But no matta.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2453 on: December 25, 2023, 12:59:54 AM »
He definitely had a block. Weird if he wasn’t credited with one. But no matta.

No block. He’s had 1 in his career
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

El Guerrero 2

• Team Captain
« Reply #2454 on: December 25, 2023, 11:13:44 PM »
Why does Jason Kidd hate OMax? No way Derrick Jones Jr. is better in practice or the games.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #2455 on: December 25, 2023, 11:58:28 PM »
Why does Jason Kidd hate OMax? No way Derrick Jones Jr. is better in practice or the games.
Because he hates MU
Goal is National Championship

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #2456 on: December 26, 2023, 08:47:23 AM »
Because he hates MU
Used to play pick up with J Kidd's agent in the east bay.  Would torch him while wearing my MU gear.  Probably had a lasting effect.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #2457 on: December 26, 2023, 12:27:16 PM »
No block. He’s had 1 in his career

I am 10000% certain he had a block. I watched the game. I'm not sure why it wasn't credited.

Stat keepers make mistakes sometimes. For example, Oso wasn't credited with an assist on this play at the 0:45 mark against PC despite it being a pretty clear DHO assist. I know he wasn't credited because I bet on him to get 2+ assists and it cost me $.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMhmr2HE6TA

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2458 on: December 26, 2023, 12:52:52 PM »
I am 10000% certain he had a block. I watched the game. I'm not sure why it wasn't credited.

Stat keepers make mistakes sometimes. For example, Oso wasn't credited with an assist on this play at the 0:45 mark against PC despite it being a pretty clear DHO assist. I know he wasn't credited because I bet on him to get 2+ assists and it cost me $.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMhmr2HE6TA

Had the same Oso bet. Fml
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2459 on: December 29, 2023, 02:33:12 AM »
Jamal Cain career high 18 pts in a win over the Warriors. He's getting there

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2460 on: December 29, 2023, 06:51:58 AM »
Great job by Cain. While I was a not a fan of him early on at MU, there was never a doubt that he was a first-class athlete. I hope he has a long NBA career.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #2461 on: December 29, 2023, 07:49:33 AM »
Love it. One of my favorite MU players.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2462 on: December 29, 2023, 08:00:00 AM »
Great job by Cain. While I was a not a fan of him early on at MU, there was never a doubt that he was a first-class athlete. I hope he has a long NBA career.
Jamal is a really good young guy. Always well liked by his teammates . So happy for his success.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2463 on: December 29, 2023, 08:15:04 AM »
Jamal made dribbling an adventure early in his career.   How he played in the NIT game at the AL gave me hope for his sophomore year.   I foresaw a team with 4 versatile forwards.   Maybe Wojo would run three forward sets, switching more effectively with size and versatility, de-emphasizing having a true post in there in certain sets, running some 5 out action.   
Anyway....
    I thought the way Jamal got buried so Joey and Sam could both play 30 was a tactical error.   It worked for a while, but everybody was worn out down the stretch. I am happy for Mr. Cain.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2464 on: December 29, 2023, 08:21:01 AM »
Jamal made dribbling an adventure early in his career.   How he played in the NIT game at the AL gave me hope for his sophomore year.   I foresaw a team with 4 versatile forwards.   Maybe Wojo would run three forward sets, switching more effectively with size and versatility, de-emphasizing having a true post in there in certain sets, running some 5 out action.   
Anyway....
    I thought the way Jamal got buried so Joey and Sam could both play 30 was a tactical error.   It worked for a while, but everybody was worn out down the stretch. I am happy for Mr. Cain.

Let's not forget he was also buried behind "all timer" Bailey.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2465 on: December 29, 2023, 08:21:37 AM »
Anyway....

I believe when he left, the phrase used was, “don’t let the door hit yeah, where the lord split yeah”
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2466 on: December 29, 2023, 08:24:58 AM »
I wished him well.  He had spent 4 years at MU and there was a coaching change.   Good for the young man thriving.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2467 on: December 29, 2023, 08:41:09 AM »
jamal looking really good.  going to have to start filling out the fanduel with him especially watching the injury reports on jimmy and caleb.  looks like he's leap frogged haywood highsmith

i think jamal is going to get signed by miami or someone to a long term deal...just wish they would switch his college from oakland to marquette.  same for sammy
don't...don't don't don't don't

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2468 on: December 29, 2023, 11:16:00 AM »
jamal looking really good.  going to have to start filling out the fanduel with him especially watching the injury reports on jimmy and caleb.  looks like he's leap frogged haywood highsmith

i think jamal is going to get signed by miami or someone to a long term deal...just wish they would switch his college from oakland to marquette.  same for sammy

Jamal actually graduated from MU, if he has an office a degree from MU would be on the wall and like many of us he went to grad school elsewhere. It's reasonable to have Marquette be the listed school.

Can't say the same about Sam. He's no different than any forgettable classmate your first couple years that decided MU wasn't for them and dipped off to a State school. His Degree is from UVA, he spent 2/5 of his college career there.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2469 on: December 29, 2023, 11:54:27 AM »
Let's not forget he was also buried behind "all timer" Bailey.

I've seen a couple references to this but I don't remember the origin of the quote. Were some Scoopers actually saying Bailey was an "all timer"?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #2470 on: December 29, 2023, 12:27:32 PM »
I've seen a couple references to this but I don't remember the origin of the quote. Were some Scoopers actually saying Bailey was an "all timer"?

Chicos claimed Bailey would finish his career being a Marquette all timer. Pretty sure it was after the Hausers left and he said we’d be fine
Bring back FFP!!!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2471 on: December 29, 2023, 03:28:33 PM »
Chicos claimed Bailey would finish his career being a Marquette all timer. Pretty sure it was after the Hausers left and he said we’d be fine

Well, that's an all-timer example of "consider the source."

Just wait till the other shoe falls!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2472 on: December 29, 2023, 04:26:15 PM »
Well, that's an all-timer example of "consider the source."

Just wait till the other shoe falls!

Five, 6, 7, 8, no 9 years to judge.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2473 on: December 29, 2023, 04:47:17 PM »
Jamal actually graduated from MU, if he has an office a degree from MU would be on the wall and like many of us he went to grad school elsewhere. It's reasonable to have Marquette be the listed school.

Can't say the same about Sam. He's no different than any forgettable classmate your first couple years that decided MU wasn't for them and dipped off to a State school. His Degree is from UVA, he spent 2/5 of his college career there.

I've heard it said that UVA is kind of a good school.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #2474 on: December 29, 2023, 05:27:16 PM »
Anyway....

Jamal had two things that you can’t teach and that separate the greats…athleticism and attitude. Jamal is an incredible human, big fan.