[May 21, 2024, 11:51:36 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Burton and Dawson to Transer  (Read 89804 times)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: Burton and Dawson to Transer
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2014, 01:37:33 PM »
I don't think it's fair to say that Deonte doesn't fit what Wojo wants.

Wojo presumably wants good basketball players. Deonte has a lot of talent and can be a good player.

With this said, Deonte's not very good right now, and his personal life has taken some big hits.

Might be best for him to get a fresh start. Maybe even take spring semester off, and start fresh in the fall on a new campus.

Met him a couple of times and he's a very nice kid.

Best of luck to him!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2014, 01:37:37 PM »
Obviously I dont know the details, but I sincerely hope that Wojo isn't setting the Vincent-MU bridge ablaze.

There's a Vincent-MU bridge?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2014, 01:38:44 PM »
Obviously I dont know the details, but I sincerely hope that Wojo isn't setting the Vincent-MU bridge ablaze.

Good grief. Its one player who was brought in here by a different coach, that didn't appear to fit the new coach's style.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2014, 01:39:12 PM »
Keep playing a scrub like Juan Anderson instead of a better player with more upside like Burton and this is what you get.  

Nah man. Anderson has been one of our best contributors this season. You could play them both together no problem. Duane, Carlino, Burton, Anderson, Taylor or Fischer. But I really can't imagine what Deonte was thinking as he watched in horror as a guy with Derrick's game racked up 33+ mpg game after game after game after game while he sat on the pine watching the nightmare unfold.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2014, 01:39:35 PM »
There's a Vincent-MU bridge?

One off the beaten path and very lightly traveled.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2014, 01:40:40 PM »
Nah man. Anderson has been one of our best contributors this season. You could play them both together no problem. Duane, Carlino, Burton, Anderson, Taylor or Fischer. But I really can't imagine what Deonte was thinking as he watched in horror as a guy with Derrick's game racked up 33+ mpg game after game after game after game while he sat on the pine watching the nightmare unfold.

Well if he had any sense at all, he was thinking, "man, I have got to learn to play some defense."

LON

• All American
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2014, 01:40:58 PM »

This would have some semblance of an analogy, if, you know, Burton played PG.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2014, 01:41:16 PM »
I'm going to miss all of the Bane references.  :'(

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2014, 01:41:23 PM »

One off the beaten path and very lightly traveled.

Be glad ST is sticking around. We wouldn't want to sabotage the Simeon to Marquette pipeline.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2014, 01:41:40 PM »
Three scholarships now available next year.  I would hope that at least one of these is for a graduate transfer or Juco that can play immediately.
Unfortunately, how much talent is still available, or has Wojo already been pursuing. Maybe Burton will transfer to El Buzzo.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2014, 01:42:40 PM »
Vincent is 0-5 and just got beat by Division 4 Brookfield Academy. Not much there, or in the cupboard. I wouldn't think there is any concern about that bridge -- the city's best players are going to King, Riverside and Washington.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2014, 01:44:26 PM »
Maybe, but Deonte's lack of playing time is the surest indication there is of how Wojo believes he fits in with what he wants to do. I doubt Wojo thought it would be ideal to play out the rest of the season with eight players - so in all likelihood he wanted Deonte to stay, at least through the end of the season - but it's also apparent that Wojo wasn't going to give Deonte minutes for the purpose of keeping him in the fold.
That's not intended as a dig on either person. Not every player is right for every coach, and vice versa.

Well, the minutes have to be earned.

I LOVE Deonte, but he wasn't very good so far this year. Tough to just hand him more minutes.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2014, 01:45:31 PM »
unnatural carnal knowledgeing brutal.  Not surprised or all that disappointed by Dawson, but Burton???? Fuuuuuuckkkk is right.  He is my favorite guy on the team.   
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

WarhawkWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2014, 01:45:38 PM »
There is no positive way to spin this one.  This year has just gone from hopeful to dispair.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2014, 01:46:36 PM »
Can we even go 5-5 in practice now?
While I am tepted to make a comment here about 4 on 5, I will keep my pledge and not go there.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2014, 01:46:56 PM »
I guess we just traded Bane for Luke in terms of minutes.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2014, 01:48:20 PM »
I know.  Please.  Let's show some respect.
Yes, we must respect the process.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2014, 01:48:50 PM »
No more posters...

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2014, 01:49:35 PM »
There is no positive way to spin this one.  This year has just gone from hopeful to dispair.

Define hopeful. Two guys who never played transferred out, and we are now adding a highly regarded prospect in Fischer, and suddenly we've gone from hope to despair? How is MU truly any worse off than they were an hour ago.

brandx

« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2014, 01:49:52 PM »
Burton is not Wojo's type of player.  Very talented no doubt and he will have success, but he was as much of a Buzz guy as you could find.  And Wojo's ideal of how the game should be played is much different from Buzz's.  Which is why we have seen the difficulties we have so far early in this season with guys just like Burton.

Again, stinks because Burton has talent, but at the same time he doesn't fit what Wojo is trying to do/isn't the type of player Wojo is looking for.

Completely agree.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2014, 01:52:08 PM »
Yes, we must respect the process.

You rang?
Relax. Respect the Process.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2014, 01:53:42 PM »
I know hindsight is 20/20, but if you watched Deonte the past few games on the bench, you can just sense something wasn't right.  Not really going to speculate too much, but you can tell he just wasn't into it.  Body language was not very positive and was kinda just 'there'.  This outcome was kinda of looming in the back of my mind, but never really wanted to believe it.  Don't blame anyone in this situation...it is what it is and hope for the best for both parties.  

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2014, 01:54:38 PM »
Dawson, we all had an inkling.  Burton, blindsided.  Where were our so-called posters with sources when we needed them?  LOL.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2014, 01:55:58 PM »
He was a 6'3-1/2" post player.  Mediocre jump shot, explosive at the rim, but couldn't defend, couldn't rebound and was lost in a half court set.  My guess is Wojo wants a shooter/defender that is good in transition or a post player that can control the boards.

Wow. Last year this guy was an early entrant into the NBA and most of the board ripped Buzz for not giving him 30 mpg. With our entire front court gone this year he couldn't get minutes under Wojo. He tranfers and he's no big loss. Really?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2014, 01:57:09 PM »
Not happy about this--better get out the silver linings playbook, and start stroking the juju.