collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2017 Season  (Read 270468 times)

cheebs09

• All American
Re: MLB 2017 Season
« Reply #1175 on: September 16, 2017, 10:16:44 AM »
Sounds like someone's squirming around a little bit.

All this talk of squirming, you'd think Chicos never left.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1176 on: September 16, 2017, 10:20:40 AM »
All this talk of squirming, you'd think Chicos never left.

He never did.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1177 on: September 16, 2017, 10:57:56 AM »
He never did.

Well...he did, he just came back.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1178 on: September 16, 2017, 11:17:06 AM »
Well...he did, he just came back.

Like genital herpes.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1179 on: September 16, 2017, 12:44:05 PM »
Contreras suspended 2 games because an umpire can't see what a curveball down the middle looks like.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1180 on: September 16, 2017, 10:16:03 PM »
Contreras suspended 2 games because an umpire can't see what a curveball down the middle looks like.

It was a bad call. The ump knew it. You still can't throw your equipment like that. He'll appeal, get it cut to 1 game and sit out a game at Tampa that he was going to sit out anyway.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1181 on: September 17, 2017, 12:14:38 AM »
Cubs Magic Number down to 11.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1182 on: September 17, 2017, 06:47:42 AM »
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 07:41:28 AM by PTM »

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1183 on: September 17, 2017, 12:35:41 PM »
I don't know which of the 3 straight posts to respond to (you mad bro?) so I'll just respond to the last, but what you're saying is that you, like MM, really think that Joe Maddon wanting more rest heading into a big weekend series and deciding to move the scheduled start time of a game back for no reason other than that one week prior to the game is comparable to the the MLB telling Craig Counsel that the Marlins would be coming to Miller Park to play their series because a hurricane barreled through Miami less than a week prior to their series started?

Well, if thinking those two situations couldn't be any different makes me stupid and hypocritical, count me as happily and proudly stupid and hypocritical.

Nope. As usual you completely missed the point. 

You were a whiny baby about the Cubs pushing back a start time, even though it had no adverse impact on the Brewers.

But when the Brewers get a free home series in a close race Cubs fans should be completely ok with that.

I supposed you would have been perfectly fine with it if the Cubs series against Tampa this upcoming week had been moved to Wrigley instead of a neutral site.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1184 on: September 17, 2017, 01:15:52 PM »
Nope. As usual you completely missed the point. 

You were a whiny baby about the Cubs pushing back a start time, even though it had no adverse impact on the Brewers.

But when the Brewers get a free home series in a close race Cubs fans should be completely ok with that.

I supposed you would have been perfectly fine with it if the Cubs series against Tampa this upcoming week had been moved to Wrigley instead of a neutral site.

Edit: Cubs fans were whiny babies that the Brewers wanted to follow the schedule because the Cubs had absolutely no reason for a time change besides they wanted some extra rest so they are better prepared to compete with the team chasing them in the division, and when Brewers fans pointed out that nobody else in the MLB just gets to choose their start times and dates they play except for the Cubs it turned into the Brewers are petty. AKA The Cubs should get to do as they please and if you don't agree you're a whiny baby.

Yet again, we're going to say that if you're not okay with a team changing the time of a game a week before it simply to give them more rest because...well, because they want it and so it should be that way, then you can't possibly be okay with a team moving their game because they can't play at their home stadium due to a hurricane rolling through and making it unplayable at their stadium.

So a hurricane creating the need to move a series should have the same reaction as a team wanting some rest.

Only Chicago sports fans can actually say this and believe it. "The world revolves around me."
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1185 on: September 17, 2017, 02:05:57 PM »
Edit: Cubs fans were whiny babies that the Brewers wanted to follow the schedule because the Cubs had absolutely no reason for a time change besides they wanted some extra rest so they are better prepared to compete with the team chasing them in the division, and when Brewers fans pointed out that nobody else in the MLB just gets to choose their start times and dates they play except for the Cubs it turned into the Brewers are petty. AKA The Cubs should get to do as they please and if you don't agree you're a whiny baby.

Yet again, we're going to say that if you're not okay with a team changing the time of a game a week before it simply to give them more rest because...well, because they want it and so it should be that way, then you can't possibly be okay with a team moving their game because they can't play at their home stadium due to a hurricane rolling through and making it unplayable at their stadium.

So a hurricane creating the need to move a series should have the same reaction as a team wanting some rest.

Only Chicago sports fans can actually say this and believe it. "The world revolves around me."

Your utter lack of comprehension is quite astounding.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1186 on: September 17, 2017, 02:18:00 PM »

Coming from a guy who is continuing to compare how someone reacts to a series being relocated due to a hurricane vs. a team wanting some extra rest so they move the start time at their leisure, I'm cool with you thinking so.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1187 on: September 17, 2017, 02:21:12 PM »
Coming from a guy who is continuing to compare how someone reacts to a series being relocated due to a hurricane vs. a team wanting some extra rest so they move the start time at their leisure, I'm cool with you thinking so.

Has a team ever received a home series under those circumstances before? Legit, in their own park, sleeping in their own beds, not traveling anywhere, home series?

I know there have been series that tilted the fanbases, moving to an adjacent city, but isn't this pretty unprecedented? If not, please correct.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1188 on: September 17, 2017, 03:07:14 PM »

Again, that's not what I'm comparing.  Nor did I ever say the Marlins series shouldn't have been moved.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1189 on: September 17, 2017, 03:12:46 PM »
Again, that's not what I'm comparing.  Nor did I ever say the Marlins series shouldn't have been moved.

You aren't?

That makes the following quote look pretty dang funny.  I'm all for cute little jabs at people's intelligence, but, in my obviously less intelligent opinion than yours, you should at least get it right.  You're doing exactly what I said you're doing (comparing the reactions of moving a game for the leisure of a team to get more rest to a team that needs to move due to a hurricane hitting its city), but I'm the one with an "utter lack of comprehension."  Pretty dang funny.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 03:20:07 PM by QuentinsWorld »

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1190 on: September 17, 2017, 03:50:31 PM »
You aren't?

That makes the following quote look pretty dang funny.  I'm all for cute little jabs at people's intelligence, but, in my obviously less intelligent opinion than yours, you should at least get it right.  You're doing exactly what I said you're doing (comparing the reactions of moving a game for the leisure of a team to get more rest to a team that needs to move due to a hurricane hitting its city), but I'm the one with an "utter lack of comprehension."  Pretty dang funny.

No, I'm not. I'm comparing your absurd responses to each situation.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1191 on: September 17, 2017, 04:00:51 PM »
No, I'm not. I'm comparing your absurd responses to each situation.

Oh. I guess in my "utter lack of comprehension" I must've missed that. When you compared the response of "being a whiny baby" about the Cubs moving the start for their convenience and then followed it with fans should be okay with games being moved out of Miami because of a hurricane I took that for what it was, comparing reactions of a time change due to wanting extra rest to a hurricane forcing a series to be relocated.

Why anybody would ever bring up the reaction to a manager changing a start time of a game to get extra rest when discussing a series being moved after a hurricane is absurd.

But I'll go work on that comprehension thing so that someday I can be as smart as you.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 04:02:26 PM by QuentinsWorld »

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1192 on: September 17, 2017, 05:14:29 PM »
Oh. I guess in my "utter lack of comprehension" I must've missed that. When you compared the response of "being a whiny baby" about the Cubs moving the start for their convenience and then followed it with fans should be okay with games being moved out of Miami because of a hurricane I took that for what it was, comparing reactions of a time change due to wanting extra rest to a hurricane forcing a series to be relocated.

Why anybody would ever bring up the reaction to a manager changing a start time of a game to get extra rest when discussing a series being moved after a hurricane is absurd.

But I'll go work on that comprehension thing so that someday I can be as smart as you.

I would appreciate that but you've got A LOT of work to do.

For the last time, it's not about the Marlins series being moved. It was where it was moved to. Not sure how spell that out more clearly for you.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1193 on: September 17, 2017, 05:17:55 PM »
Cubs Magic Number down to 11.

Clean sweep....

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1194 on: September 17, 2017, 05:21:56 PM »

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1195 on: September 17, 2017, 06:17:50 PM »
Wades is like the drunk guy at a bar. Constantly butting into a conversation and saying the same thing over and over.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1196 on: September 17, 2017, 06:23:16 PM »
Wades is like the drunk guy at a bar. Constantly butting into a conversation and saying the same thing over and over.

Yeah. Because that's how absurd it is to compare anyone's reactions to a manager wanting extra rest vs. a relocation of a series due to a hurricane. I say it over and over and over again because the two situations are not even remotely similar and it's absurd to discuss them as such. "Hey, people are reacting differently to Maddon wanting extra rest and Hurricanr Irma hitting Miami." Uhh...ya think? You have to be pretty stupid to not comprehend why that might be...

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1197 on: September 17, 2017, 06:48:33 PM »
Yeah. Because that's how absurd it is to compare anyone's reactions to a manager wanting extra rest vs. a relocation of a series due to a hurricane. I say it over and over and over again because the two situations are not even remotely similar and it's absurd to discuss them as such. "Hey, people are reacting differently to Maddon wanting extra rest and Hurricanr Irma hitting Miami." Uhh...ya think? You have to be pretty stupid to not comprehend why that might be...

And you still don't get it....

At last you're consistent.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1198 on: September 17, 2017, 06:50:53 PM »
For the last time...

YAY!!!!

And you still don't get it....

At last you're consistent.

Damn...

#UnleashSean