[Today at 01:20:38 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[Today at 12:27:48 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by Nutty
[Today at 11:20:42 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2017 Season  (Read 270462 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: MLB 2017 Season
« Reply #1125 on: September 14, 2017, 03:35:06 PM »
You have issues with reading comprehension so I've decided to respond to you only in picture form.

Also, I have no idea with a bitmoji is.

Hmm. So you haven't been comparing a team deciding they want to move their first pitch back because it benefits them to a team that has to relocate their games because a hurricane hit their city? And talking about baseball teams sitting in airports waiting for their 3-4 hour Wisconsin to Florida flights? Well, you got me there, I guess I have issues with reading comprehension.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1126 on: September 14, 2017, 03:42:44 PM »
Hmm. So you haven't been comparing a team deciding they want to move their first pitch back because it benefits them to a team that has to relocate their games because a hurricane hit their city? And talking about baseball teams sitting in airports waiting for their 3-4 hour Wisconsin to Florida flights? Well, you got me there, I guess I have issues with reading comprehension.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 03:45:04 PM by MerrittsMustache »

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #1127 on: September 14, 2017, 03:51:55 PM »
It's the bad guy from Last Action Hero!

My first thought too!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1128 on: September 14, 2017, 03:52:59 PM »
My first thought too!

So underrated as a movie.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1129 on: September 14, 2017, 04:08:21 PM »

Okay.  Well sure.  Hurricane, convenience of getting extra rest...one in the same.  Sounds like something a Cubs fan would argue...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1130 on: September 14, 2017, 04:28:05 PM »
Okay.  Well sure.  Hurricane, convenience of getting extra rest...one in the same.  Sounds like something a Cubs fan would argue...

I don't really care either way for this debate, but getting the city of Chicago to grant a Friday night game is quite the feat. Honestly, I never thought it would happen unless there was a natural disaster. The Cubs have put it monthly requests for this, and it was finally granted. This happening was an enormous feat for the organization that will likely have scheduling impacts in the future, which is better for not only the Cubs, but their opponents as well.

This was not done merely because the Brewers were coming to town, this has been long time goal since Ricketts' took over. I'm not sure if you have ever followed the Cubs v. Alderman Tom Tunney saga, but I actually think you would enjoy it.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #1131 on: September 14, 2017, 04:42:08 PM »
I don't really care either way for this debate, but getting the city of Chicago to grant a Friday night game is quite the feat. Honestly, I never thought it would happen unless there was a natural disaster. The Cubs have put it monthly requests for this, and it was finally granted. This happening was an enormous feat for the organization that will likely have scheduling impacts in the future, which is better for not only the Cubs, but their opponents as well.

This was not done merely because the Brewers were coming to town, this has been long time goal since Ricketts' took over. I'm not sure if you have ever followed the Cubs v. Alderman Tom Tunney saga, but I actually think you would enjoy it.

Wrong. Wades is only capable of getting enjoyment out of complaining about the Cubs and Cutler.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1132 on: September 14, 2017, 04:49:56 PM »

Wrong. Wades is only capable of getting enjoyment out of complaining about the Cubs and Cutler.

Facts. I bet wades is a HUGE Ann Sather fan when in town.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1133 on: September 14, 2017, 05:06:38 PM »

The only enjoyment I get in life is complaining about the Cubs and Cutler? Hmm. That's an odd take.

Not to mention I'm not sure I've ever complained about Cutler. Cutler has been a gift that has kept giving to the Packers. I'm going to miss the heck out of him.

Facts. I bet wades is a HUGE Ann Sather fan when in town.

But wait. Which is it, is it a fact that I only am capable of getting enjoyment by complaining about the Cubs and Cutler, or can I get enjoyment from food (of which I've never had...I try to avoid that dump of a city as much as I can, so I've probably missed some hot spots to hit up)?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1134 on: September 14, 2017, 05:21:32 PM »
The issue is less with the Brewers playing in Miller Park and more with the fact that they don't have to travel. The time in the airport, on the plane, getting to the hotel, being away from home, etc. That's the stuff that wears on players more than simply playing in front of a different crowd at a different stadium. Since the Brewers feel so passionately about competitive balance, they should board a plane, fly for 3-4 hours and then land back in Milwaukee before being bussed to the Pfister for the weekend ;)

You're only thinking about one side of it. It's important to think about the "home" team turned into visitors. I think the Marlins should also be allowed to live in the Brewers' homes, sleep in their beds, and everything else that may entail. Seems only fair.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1135 on: September 14, 2017, 05:22:50 PM »
You're only thinking about one side of it. It's important to think about the "home" team turned into visitors. I think the Marlins should also be allowed to live in the Brewers' homes, sleep in their beds, and everything else that may entail. Seems only fair.

Wife swap mlb edition?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1136 on: September 14, 2017, 05:36:41 PM »
Wife swap mlb edition?

Already been done. Medich and Peterson if I remember correctly.

And it was a permanent swap - for one of them, anyway.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1137 on: September 14, 2017, 06:15:56 PM »
But wait. Which is it, is it a fact that I only am capable of getting enjoyment by complaining about the Cubs and Cutler, or can I get enjoyment from food (of which I've never had...I try to avoid that dump of a city as much as I can, so I've probably missed some hot spots to hit up)?

I didn't expect you to get it, it wasn't for you. The alderman has a breakfast chain called Ann Sather. Guy's an idiot.

Also, calling Chicago a dump of a city is quite the reflection of yourself, but I've retired from pissing matches with you.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1138 on: September 14, 2017, 06:17:33 PM »

Sandberg and Palmero?

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #1139 on: September 14, 2017, 07:37:47 PM »
Does Billy the Marlin get to use the slide?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1140 on: September 14, 2017, 07:58:15 PM »
How 'bout dat throw from Phillips last nite, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #1141 on: September 14, 2017, 09:53:47 PM »
Does Billy the Marlin get to use the slide?

Hell, I'd have no problem with it.  Nothing wrong with being a guest in your own house once in a while.  Let someone else put on the show while I relax in my jammy pants.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1142 on: September 14, 2017, 10:49:25 PM »
Dang dude, these jabs continue to hurt!

Why would the MLB want to move the game to the Cell when the weather report calls for mostly sunny on Saturday?  Those are the exact types of conditions that result in rain outs in Chicago.

That's the useless, empty response I expected.

Just admit you're a hypocrite and we're good.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1143 on: September 14, 2017, 10:51:11 PM »

It was Fritz Peterson and Mike Kekich.

Peterson and the former Mrs. Kekich are still married. Have been for 40+ years.

Kekich and the former Mrs. Peterson never got married and split up a few years after the most interesting "trade" in baseball history.

Kekich wasn't much of a pitcher (39-51, 4.59 over parts of 9 seasons) - although he probably would get a 4-year, $40 million contract today with those stats.

Peterson actually was pretty darn good: 133-131, 3.30 ERA, 20 shutouts, over 11 years with some of the worst Yankee and Cleveland teams. I think I read he had the lowest home ERA in the history of Yankee Stadium, which is pretty remarkable given all the great arms that passed through there.

Supposedly, Affleck and Damon are working on a movie about the whole situation, tentatively titled "The Trade."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1144 on: September 14, 2017, 10:55:15 PM »
No, what was amusing was Cubs fans freaking out that the Brewers complained about not following the schedule...again.  Brewers fans didn't even bring up the time change until Cubs fans (you specifically) got all butthurt about the Brewers "pettiness."

Again, comparing the manager of a team deciding, "Hey, we have a quick turnaround against a team we're competing with in the division race so let's move the first pitch back one week ahead of the game" to, "We've been hit by a hurricane and we can't play the games in our home stadium" is laughable at best.  The Cubs decided they wanted to change the start time for their benefit.  The MLB decided they needed to move the game because a hurricane hit the city that the games were supposed to be played in less than a week ago.  The Cubs are the ones who decided they wanted to make a change.  The Brewers had absolutely no say whatsoever in moving the games to Milwaukee.  The two situations aren't remotely similar.

If you want the Brewers fanbase to celebrate the fact that a hurricane hit their opponent's city to the point they can't play baseball in it so they caught a scheduling break, then sure, here you go:  WOO HOO!  CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!  WHAT GREAT FORTUNE THAT IRMA CRUSHED THE CITY OF MIAMI AND WE GET 3 EXTRA HOME GAMES IN A PENNANT RACE!

The Brewers caught a break.  I'm not sure what more there is to be said that Cubs fans are hoping to hear.  It's a similar break to the Cubs getting to play visitors to the Astros in Milwaukee in 2008 (when there were 23,000 fans, compared to the 10,000 open seats available for tomorrow night's game at Miller Park) and similar to the Yankees playing visitors to Tampa Bay at Citi Field just a few weeks ago.

But if you want to dramatize the situation and talk about players spending time in the airport as if they're like you or I traveling with the rest of the population and laying around on the airport floor waiting to board an airplane or having a 3-4 hour flight to Florida have at it.

It's impressive how full of sh*t you are.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1145 on: September 14, 2017, 10:58:33 PM »

Are you really this stupid? 

Nevermind, don't answer that.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1146 on: September 15, 2017, 12:58:52 AM »
Y'all. We are going to have some really interesting baseball in the final month of the season. We've got 4 teams slugging it out for two spots in the playoffs. Reasons to cheer for all of them (except the Cardinals  ;D). Can y'all call a truce or something so we can talk some baseball?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1147 on: September 15, 2017, 05:00:14 AM »
Are you really this stupid? 

Nevermind, don't answer that.

I don't know which of the 3 straight posts to respond to (you mad bro?) so I'll just respond to the last, but what you're saying is that you, like MM, really think that Joe Maddon wanting more rest heading into a big weekend series and deciding to move the scheduled start time of a game back for no reason other than that one week prior to the game is comparable to the the MLB telling Craig Counsel that the Marlins would be coming to Miller Park to play their series because a hurricane barreled through Miami less than a week prior to their series started?

Well, if thinking those two situations couldn't be any different makes me stupid and hypocritical, count me as happily and proudly stupid and hypocritical.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1148 on: September 15, 2017, 06:41:16 AM »
Y'all. We are going to have some really interesting baseball in the final month of the season. We've got 4 teams slugging it out for two spots in the playoffs. Reasons to cheer for all of them (except the Cardinals  ;D). Can y'all call a truce or something so we can talk some baseball?

And don't forget that little team from the 'Land.  I hear they've got a little something going on, too.  Next stop, erase the asterisk from the record book.

Last night's game was one of most electric, fun sporting events I've ever attended.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1149 on: September 15, 2017, 08:26:37 AM »
How 'bout dat throw from Phillips last nite, hey?

Sorry, little late.  Just WOW.  I guess they had the gun on him.  Got clocked at 104.

You know, for me the beauty of baseball is the subtlety.  In today's modern fast paced society only the booming HR highlight gets any attention.  Lost forever are the days where that critical corner slider with the tying run on third or that incredible assist from Center gets enough attention.  I know the game wasn't close and wouldn't have changed.  But that's one of the best throws I have ever seen.

Funny. I often feel the same way about football.  Some of my favorite plays from last Sunday's Packer game?  Monty up the middle to a couple key first downs during the 6 minute drive to close things out.  Pure poetry. Pure football.  Not the way things are in our 140 character world.  Too bad.

feedback