collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2017 Season  (Read 270476 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: MLB 2017 Season
« Reply #900 on: September 01, 2017, 02:53:40 AM »
You left out an important part of the tweet. You know, where he says "Brewers did not say Cubs get advantage by switching to night."

I'm sure everyone's sick of seeing this board overrun with me making valid, logical points and you being a complete and total buffoon.

I apologize to anyone who actually wanted to discuss baseball.

Good night!

Yet he ended the Tweet with "It's about adhering to the schedule and not changing it for competitive reasons." Seems like he's saying the Brewers simply objected to changing the schedule...because the change is being made for competitive reasons. That's important. But we can ignore that part of you would like to I guess. Not surprising.

And that is the absolute best. "I'm a genius, I'm way above this guy, he's wasting everyone's time, sorry you had to read all this, it's all wade's fault!" Classic. Love it.

Thank you for your service. You are so much smarter and more mature than me that it's such a waste of your time to bother with such a small man like myself. Keep up the intelligent, well reasoned work you do here. Lol. Talk about taking oneself to seriously. Glad you're feeling good though. I know when I need a boost in confidence I come MUScoop and talk about the Brewers being whiny babies because they won't ask the Cubs which days and what times they would prefer to play their games against them in the series rather than follow the schedule that has been out for 8 months.

It has no impact on the Brewers whatsoever, genius.

It potentially gives the Cubs 6 hours more rest. It doesn't hurt the Brewers.

I don't think you know what "competitive advantage" actually means.

Wades is immune to facts and common sense when it comes to the Cubs.

Oh the irony of these 3 in a row. Absolutely hilarious. Please, Mr. Blueman Group. Do enlighten me. Your superior intelligence is greatly needed. What, my friend, is a competitive advantage?

By your definition when Jake Arrieta takes PEDs and, let's say, Eric Sogard does not, that is NOT giving Jake Arrieta a competitive advantage in a matchup of Sogard at the plate facing Arrieta on the mound, which is hilarious because that's EXACTLY what a competitive advantage is. But Arrieta taking PEDs simply helps Arrieta perform, it does NOT affect Sogard, his muscles and athletic ability aren't taken away. So according to you that is NOT a competitive advantage. Hilarious.

If this is how Chicago sports fans consider someone making "valid and logical points" like the almighty MM above then shoot, I'm totally overmatched. I need to study up and start using cute terms like "sport" and "genius" (I remember 2nd grade) and then maybe I can try to insult peoples' intelligence by telling them they don't know what a competitive advantage is while clearly having no idea how to define it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #901 on: September 01, 2017, 06:30:30 AM »
Detroit Tigers give the best gift they can to the suffering citizens in Houston.    Justin Verlander. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #902 on: September 01, 2017, 06:55:07 AM »
Wades is immune to facts and common sense when it comes to the Cubs.

This is one of the most accurate posts I've read on this site. Everyone on the Cubs ever is on PEDs, every move they make is nefarious, every fan is delusional...I truly thought this level of vitriol on this site was strictly reserved for Wisconsin and Notre Dame.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #903 on: September 01, 2017, 07:05:11 AM »
Yet he ended the Tweet with "It's about adhering to the schedule and not changing it for competitive reasons." Seems like he's saying the Brewers simply objected to changing the schedule...because the change is being made for competitive reasons. That's important. But we can ignore that part of you would like to I guess. Not surprising.

And that is the absolute best. "I'm a genius, I'm way above this guy, he's wasting everyone's time, sorry you had to read all this, it's all wade's fault!" Classic. Love it.

Thank you for your service. You are so much smarter and more mature than me that it's such a waste of your time to bother with such a small man like myself. Keep up the intelligent, well reasoned work you do here. Lol. Talk about taking oneself to seriously. Glad you're feeling good though. I know when I need a boost in confidence I come MUScoop and talk about the Brewers being whiny babies because they won't ask the Cubs which days and what times they would prefer to play their games against them in the series rather than follow the schedule that has been out for 8 months.

Oh the irony of these 3 in a row. Absolutely hilarious. Please, Mr. Blueman Group. Do enlighten me. Your superior intelligence is greatly needed. What, my friend, is a competitive advantage?

By your definition when Jake Arrieta takes PEDs and, let's say, Eric Sogard does not, that is NOT giving Jake Arrieta a competitive advantage in a matchup of Sogard at the plate facing Arrieta on the mound, which is hilarious because that's EXACTLY what a competitive advantage is. But Arrieta taking PEDs simply helps Arrieta perform, it does NOT affect Sogard, his muscles and athletic ability aren't taken away. So according to you that is NOT a competitive advantage. Hilarious.

If this is how Chicago sports fans consider someone making "valid and logical points" like the almighty MM above then shoot, I'm totally overmatched. I need to study up and start using cute terms like "sport" and "genius" (I remember 2nd grade) and then maybe I can try to insult peoples' intelligence by telling them they don't know what a competitive advantage is while clearly having no idea how to define it.

Jake Arrieta does not and has not used PEDs. I think this not because he is a Chicago Cub but because of logically looking at all of the information regarding his career as a whole and since he became a Cub. If I had a similar viewpoint of a player and was presented with a ton of information that pointed in the opposite direction, I wouldn't be so stubborn and illogical to cling to my original opinion. Any advantage Arrieta would and does have over Sogard is because he is a better pitcher than Sogard is a hitter.

Moving the start time to help the Cubs competitively does not equate to a competitive advantage. Those are two different things. A competitive advantage provides an edge OVER your rivals. Moving the start time does not do this. If anything, it puts the teams more on equal footing for the game in terms of rest. Now hypothetically, if the Cubs had an off day on Thursday, the Brewers were playing a night game, and then the Cubs moved a night game to a day game you'd have a point. In this scenario, you do not. You're wrong, full stop. So no, I don't think you know what "competitive advantage" means, either.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #904 on: September 01, 2017, 07:08:53 AM »
Detroit Tigers give the best gift they can to the suffering citizens in Houston.    Justin Verlander.

Sounds like Verlander wanted to be a Cub but he ultimately gave his approval at the last minute. The Tigers did very well here. Got a great return and didn't really kick in that much money.

No way the Cubs could have or would have matched that. Although I would have been fine with Kate Upton hanging around Chicago for a couple of years.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #905 on: September 01, 2017, 07:19:21 AM »
This is one of the most accurate posts I've read on this site. Everyone on the Cubs ever is on PEDs, every move they make is nefarious, every fan is delusional...I truly thought this level of vitriol on this site was strictly reserved for Wisconsin and Notre Dame.

The Cubs have only ever had Sammy Sosa, Kerry Wood, and Jake Arrieta on their team ever? Wow. No wonder they only have 1 WS in 108 years! What an incredible feat for Arietta to single handedly win a WS last year! Further proves he's on PEDs.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #906 on: September 01, 2017, 07:21:45 AM »
Jake Arrieta does not and has not used PEDs. I think this not because he is a Chicago Cub but because of logically looking at all of the information regarding his career as a whole and since he became a Cub. If I had a similar viewpoint of a player and was presented with a ton of information that pointed in the opposite direction, I wouldn't be so stubborn and illogical to cling to my original opinion. Any advantage Arrieta would and does have over Sogard is because he is a better pitcher than Sogard is a hitter.

Moving the start time to help the Cubs competitively does not equate to a competitive advantage. Those are two different things. A competitive advantage provides an edge OVER your rivals. Moving the start time does not do this. If anything, it puts the teams more on equal footing for the game in terms of rest. Now hypothetically, if the Cubs had an off day on Thursday, the Brewers were playing a night game, and then the Cubs moved a night game to a day game you'd have a point. In this scenario, you do not. You're wrong, full stop. So no, I don't think you know what "competitive advantage" means, either.

Lol. This is too good. Moving the start time back does not help the Brewers but it does help the Cubs to have the best chance to win that night. So it helps one team compete on the field while not helping the other, but it's not a competitive advantage. Got it. And I'm the one that doesn't know what a competitive advantage is. Genius (did I use that right?).

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #907 on: September 01, 2017, 07:22:24 AM »

Nah, partially correct. Figurin' Kate is da reel gift, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #908 on: September 01, 2017, 07:43:06 AM »
Interesting debate .. didn't know about the controversy.

The request is being made to give the Cubs 6 hours more rest before a game .. there's no debate as to whether that assists the team compete.   Whether that's classified as a "competitive advantage" or not is silly.  It helps, if it didn't they wouldn't do it, full stop.

How much it helps is debatable, though.  It's not like the starting pitcher isn't fresh after 4.75 days of rest instead of 5.0.    Most of the team is in their 20s and are pretty solid athletes.  Yeah, it helps.  A bit.

In the end, it should be up to the Brewers to decline, though, as helping the Cubs = hurting the Brewers chance to win the division, and they are rightfully irked the MLB has allowed the change.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #909 on: September 01, 2017, 07:49:00 AM »

The request is being made to give the Cubs 6 hours more rest before a game .. there's no debate as to whether that assists the team compete.   Whether that's classified as a "competitive advantage" or not is silly.  It helps, if it didn't they wouldn't do it, full stop.

How much it helps is debatable, though.  It's not like the starting pitcher isn't fresh after 4.75 days of rest instead of 5.0.    Most of the team is in their 20s and are pretty solid athletes.  Yeah, it helps.  A bit.

In the end, it should be up to the Brewers to decline, though, as helping the Cubs = hurting the Brewers chance to win the division, and they are rightfully irked the MLB has allowed the change.

Bingo.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #910 on: September 01, 2017, 07:54:18 AM »
Moving the start time 6 hours simply does not give the Cubs an edge OVER the Brewers for that specific game. That's ultimately what it comes down to.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #911 on: September 01, 2017, 07:57:04 AM »

Arguing if it's a competitive advantage is not silly because the person who doesn't like the move is making that exact argument.

I'm not arguing it's not beneficial to the Cubs - that would be silly. But it doesn't give them an edge OVER the Brewers. That's the point.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #912 on: September 01, 2017, 08:24:26 AM »
Moving the start time 6 hours simply does not give the Cubs an edge OVER the Brewers for that specific game. That's ultimately what it comes down to.

It gives the Cubs a percentage more rest than they would have received otherwise.  Therefore it benefits the Cubs more than the Brewers.  That is clearly the case.

I don't think it's that big of a deal.  These guys can deal with it.  I feel more sorry for fans who were planning on making a nice day trip to Chicago and are now holding tickets to a night game.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #913 on: September 01, 2017, 08:31:02 AM »
It gives the Cubs a percentage more rest than they would have received otherwise.  Therefore it benefits the Cubs more than the Brewers.  That is clearly the case.

Not to fan the flames here, but doesn't it also give the brewers a percentage more rest?

Anyhow, the fauxtrage over it is amusing...

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #914 on: September 01, 2017, 08:31:22 AM »

I don't think it's that big of a deal.  These guys can deal with it.  I feel more sorry for fans who were planning on making a nice day trip to Chicago and are now holding tickets to a night game.

I agree with you. I guess it comes down to semantics and how you want to define "competitive advantage" in this scenario.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #915 on: September 01, 2017, 08:35:12 AM »
Not to fan the flames here, but doesn't it also give the brewers a percentage more rest?

It gives the Cubs a higher percentage of extra rest than the Brewers would get.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #916 on: September 01, 2017, 08:36:13 AM »

Very true on all accounts. I'm convinced that the Brewers' "outrage" stems from the rain out earlier in the season.

Also, does moving the start time back give the Cubs a competitive advantage or does it lessen the Brewers' competitive advantage? Or is that basically saying the same thing?  ;)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #917 on: September 01, 2017, 08:48:01 AM »
Very true on all accounts. I'm convinced that the Brewers' "outrage" stems from the rain out earlier in the season.

Also, does moving the start time back give the Cubs a competitive advantage or does it lessen the Brewers' competitive advantage? Or is that basically saying the same thing?  ;)

I think the "outrage" just comes from the fact that the Brewers got a nice break in the schedule where the Cubs were going to have a quick turnaround and then the Cubs just decided they were going to change that themselves.  When you're 3.5 games back in the division with 30ish games to play and you were expected to be well out of the race by now, any bit of an advantage that you can get helps and when someone simply decides they're going to ignore the schedule that has been out for 8 months so that they can be well rested it kind of stinks that that advantage you had would be lessened not because there was a need to change the game time, but simply because the Cubs know it can help them so they're going to just go ahead and do that.  There's a schedule for a reason.  Sometimes you get some tough draws and play 18 games in 18 days, and other times you get 2 off days in a week.  The Cubs conveniently deciding to change the start time from a day game on a quick turn around to a night game is bush league.  I don't think it has anything to do with an 11-2 Brewers win.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #918 on: September 01, 2017, 08:54:29 AM »
I think the "outrage" just comes from the fact that the Brewers got a nice break in the schedule where the Cubs were going to have a quick turnaround and then the Cubs just decided they were going to change that themselves.  When you're 3.5 games back in the division with 30ish games to play and you were expected to be well out of the race by now, any bit of an advantage that you can get helps and when someone simply decides they're going to ignore the schedule that has been out for 8 months so that they can be well rested it kind of stinks that that advantage you had would be lessened not because there was a need to change the game time, but simply because the Cubs know it can help them so they're going to just go ahead and do that.  There's a schedule for a reason.  Sometimes you get some tough draws and play 18 games in 18 days, and other times you get 2 off days in a week.  The Cubs conveniently deciding to change the start time from a day game on a quick turn around to a night game is bush league.  I don't think it has anything to do with an 11-2 Brewers win.

Changing a start time a week before a game is not remotely comparable to changing the day of a game.

As someone said, this is sour grapes from the rainout.

It's already been explained to you ad nauseum why it wasn't originally a night game and why the Cubs were able to change it.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #919 on: September 01, 2017, 08:59:52 AM »
Changing a start time a week before a game is not remotely comparable to changing the day of a game.

As someone said, this is sour grapes from the rainout.

It's already been explained to you ad nauseum why it wasn't originally a night game and why the Cubs were able to change it.

Save your breath, Van.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #920 on: September 01, 2017, 09:01:18 AM »
I don't get the "sour grapes from the rainout" point either.

As far as I know, the Brewers haven't made a public statement about it.  I haven't seen a quote from an official about it.  There was one line in a story saying they "strenuously objected" to it. 

We have no real idea why they objected.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #921 on: September 01, 2017, 09:21:45 AM »
I don't get the "sour grapes from the rainout" point either.

As far as I know, the Brewers haven't made a public statement about it.  I haven't seen a quote from an official about it.  There was one line in a story saying they "strenuously objected" to it. 

We have no real idea why they objected.

Careful.  You just don't get it.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #922 on: September 01, 2017, 09:28:54 AM »
Lol. This is too good. Moving the start time back does not help the Brewers but it does help the Cubs to have the best chance to win that night. So it helps one team compete on the field while not helping the other, but it's not a competitive advantage. Got it. And I'm the one that doesn't know what a competitive advantage is. Genius (did I use that right?).

Correct - you don't know what a competitive advantage is.  Glad we are on the same page now!

Regardless, I'll be at that game in the bleachers and it should be a great time.  Rivalries are fun. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #923 on: September 01, 2017, 09:31:28 AM »
Correct - you don't know what a competitive advantage is.  Glad we are on the same page now!

Regardless, I'll be at that game in the bleachers and it should be a great time.  Rivalries are fun.

...says the only person on the board who thinks there isn't a competitive advantage in the Cubs favor by moving the start time back to a night game.  The people involved in this decision themselves said so multiple times.  But you're the smartest man in the room, as always, so of course everyone else is wrong.  Heck, the Cubs just wanted to move the start time back for the fun of it, maybe see those sour grapes coming out!  They don't see any real advantage in moving the start time back.  It's all for a good laugh.  Genius (again, I home I'm using this right!  Been a while since I was young enough to think it was cool to call other people a genius when I thought they were wrong).

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #924 on: September 01, 2017, 09:40:54 AM »
It would be ironic if September 8 is sunny all afternoon and a monsoon hits Chicago at 6:30 pm.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 09:42:26 AM by Lazar's Headband »

feedback