[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2017 Season  (Read 270414 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: MLB 2017 Season
« Reply #850 on: August 24, 2017, 03:02:05 PM »
Okay.  You are right.  There is no way in hell Chicago athletes would ever use PEDs.  And I'm sure, even now after seeing what the Cavs got for a player who was demanding a trade from them, that, to you, the Bulls didn't get absolutely smoked by the Wolves in their trade for Jimmy Butler.  And Jay Cutler was an awesome quarterback for the Bears.  Etc.  If you think a Chicago sports team made a bad personnel decision you're a blind Chicago hater.  If you think a Chicago athlete took PEDs you're a blind hater because all PED users show body type changes and you're idiotic if you think otherwise.  If you think a Chicago athlete was a bad player you're a blind Chicago hater.

I don't know why you spend so much time worrying about what an "idiotic" person who should "get help" has to say lol.  Seems like that'd be a waste of time, but to each their own.

You sound like a maniac with a real Chicago fan complex. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #851 on: August 24, 2017, 03:11:01 PM »
You sound like a maniac with a real Chicago fan complex.

Right, we already established this a number of times.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #852 on: August 24, 2017, 03:20:26 PM »
Right, we already established this a number of times.

My fault - you extending the logic to the Bulls and Bears made perfect sense. As I think Arrieta is clean all of my opinions on Chicago sports must be ludicrous.

I thought the Bulls trade of Butler was horrendous and I have no confidence in the front office.

Jay Cutler is an average QB you can win with but not because of.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #853 on: August 24, 2017, 03:31:21 PM »
I thought the Bulls trade of Butler was horrendous and I have no confidence in the front office.

Pretty sure nobody here defended that trade and nobody is out there praising the front office.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #854 on: August 24, 2017, 03:32:01 PM »
My fault - you extending the logic to the Bulls and Bears made perfect sense. As I think Arrieta is clean all of my opinions on Chicago sports must be ludicrous.

Jay Cutler is an average QB you can win with but not because of.

Ahh.  Thought it was you who was defending the Bulls trade.  Must have been thinking of the wrong poster.  My apologies.

At any rate, Cutler has always sucked, whether he's been with the Bears, Broncos, or Dolphins.  And Arrieta and Wood are very likely PED users.

Pretty sure nobody here defended that trade and nobody is out there praising the front office.

There was definitely one poster here who was willing to die on the hill of the Butler trade not being that bad.  I thought it was Blue Man.  Must be mistaken.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #855 on: August 24, 2017, 09:49:01 PM »
Well this is fun...

How about that Yankee-Tiger game?

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #856 on: August 24, 2017, 10:40:52 PM »
Twins win again! Sano on the 10-day DL... hope it doesn't go longer. Next 5 games are at ChiSux - winning ways will hopefully continue. Would love to go 4-1 against them.

I may walk over to the ballpark a lot in September if we're still looking good then. I fear I'm getting my hopes up too much, but starting to get emotionally invested.

Oops.  Sorry, but if the Twins -- even without Sano -- are losing back to back games to Shields and Holland, possibly the two worst starting pitchers in the MLB, they have no business making the playoffs.

Buxton is something else though, he is right there with the Kevins in CF.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #857 on: August 25, 2017, 12:08:19 AM »
Well this is fun...

How about that Yankee-Tiger game?

Best hits Miggy has had all season
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #858 on: August 25, 2017, 01:43:27 AM »
Sad but true.   Maybe the suspension will give him time to rest his back.    Miggy had just posted on Instagram earlier about having to pay 'protection' for his family in Venezuela, how tired and frustrated he was.    I think that, along with injuring his back in the World Baseball tournament in March, has been weighing on him and it all came out today.   He has not been his usual smiley self all season. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #859 on: August 25, 2017, 07:27:54 AM »

There was definitely one poster here who was willing to die on the hill of the Butler trade not being that bad.  I thought it was Blue Man.  Must be mistaken.

Think that was ChitownSpaceforRent

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #860 on: August 25, 2017, 10:01:30 AM »
Sad but true.   Maybe the suspension will give him time to rest his back.    Miggy had just posted on Instagram earlier about having to pay 'protection' for his family in Venezuela, how tired and frustrated he was.    I think that, along with injuring his back in the World Baseball tournament in March, has been weighing on him and it all came out today.   He has not been his usual smiley self all season.

He's one of my favorites of all time, but he's had demons for years.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/miguel-cabreras-death-threats-taunts-revealed/

"I will kill you," he allegedly told a restaurant manager. "Kill me," he defiantly told the police.

Those are the words of Miguel Cabrera, according to the 911 call and disturbing new reports stemming from the Detroit Tigers star's DUI arrest last month.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #861 on: August 25, 2017, 10:06:18 AM »
He's one of my favorites of all time, but he's had demons for years.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/miguel-cabreras-death-threats-taunts-revealed/

"I will kill you," he allegedly told a restaurant manager. "Kill me," he defiantly told the police.

Those are the words of Miguel Cabrera, according to the 911 call and disturbing new reports stemming from the Detroit Tigers star's DUI arrest last month.

That was a long time ago.  By all accounts he has really cleaned up his act.  I could certainly be wrong.  But either way, the two seem to have no correlation. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #862 on: August 30, 2017, 10:53:05 PM »
Wades - How has Arrieta been so good now that he's off roids?  Or is he cycling back on?

Looking forward to your expert opinion.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #863 on: August 30, 2017, 10:58:45 PM »
Wades - How has Arrieta been so good now that he's off roids?  Or is he cycling back on?

Looking forward to your expert opinion.

Because once you stop using PEDs you lose everything you gained while you were using them...

You are a really smart dude.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #864 on: August 31, 2017, 07:47:28 AM »
Thames is batting .207 with an OPS of .748 since May 1.  This is exactly why if someone would've offered some decent prospects for him while he was sitting at .309 with an OPS of 1.099 I wouldn't have blinked at that whatsoever towards the end of May.  But it's also why no team would've given anything up for him.  Hopefully Aguilar is in the lineup more often than not down the stretch, because Thames has been horrendous.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #865 on: August 31, 2017, 11:50:01 AM »
Because once you stop using PEDs you lose everything you gained while you were using them...

You are a really smart dude.

As usual you're completely missing the point. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #866 on: August 31, 2017, 12:45:05 PM »
As usual you're completely missing the point.

Make a better point then.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #867 on: August 31, 2017, 12:52:52 PM »
Well, the Cubs took care of Pittsburgh. The Buccos are officially toast in the Central.

The Cardinals seemed to raise the white flag, or at least an off-white or egg-shell flag, when they traded Mike Leake.

So that leaves the Brew Crew. I think the teams have 7 games remaining. If Brewers win 5 or 6, they can make things interesting. Big if.

Over 162 games, the best team usually wins.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #868 on: August 31, 2017, 01:20:49 PM »
Make a better point then.

The point is that Arrieta has found success since he came to the Cubs because he became a better pitcher, not because of PEDs. 

It's a stupid, lazy narrative. 

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #869 on: August 31, 2017, 01:24:12 PM »
Well, the Cubs took care of Pittsburgh. The Buccos are officially toast in the Central.

The Cardinals seemed to raise the white flag, or at least an off-white or egg-shell flag, when they traded Mike Leake.

So that leaves the Brew Crew. I think the teams have 7 games remaining. If Brewers win 5 or 6, they can make things interesting. Big if.

With the redbirds only a couple of games back from the Brewers (and in the middle of a series with them), its a bit depressing as a Brewers fan to see them trade Leake.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #870 on: August 31, 2017, 01:28:09 PM »
The point is that Arrieta has found success since he came to the Cubs because he became a better pitcher, not because of PEDs. 

It's a stupid, lazy narrative.

I know.  We get it.  No Cub could ever have possibly taken PEDs, corked a bat, etc.  Heck, Sammy Sosa, after speaking English just fine, legitimately just forgot how to speak English!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #871 on: August 31, 2017, 01:48:08 PM »
I know.  We get it.  No Cub could ever have possibly taken PEDs, corked a bat, etc.  Heck, Sammy Sosa, after speaking English just fine, legitimately just forgot how to speak English!

Hey, hey, hey.

Sammy Sosa never spoke English 'fine. Let's not say things we can't take back.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #872 on: August 31, 2017, 02:05:12 PM »

Absolutely.  Crew and Cubs play 7 times so there's a chance.  But even the experience of playing meaningful ball in September is healthy for the Crew.  Good for them this year.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #873 on: August 31, 2017, 02:57:47 PM »
Absolutely.  Crew and Cubs play 7 times so there's a chance.  But even the experience of playing meaningful ball in September is healthy for the Crew.  Good for them this year.

Think the Brewers have a better chance at catching Colorado than the Cubs, to be honest.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #874 on: August 31, 2017, 03:00:54 PM »
Think the Brewers have a better chance at catching Colorado than the Cubs, to be honest.

That's probably true.