collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2017 Season  (Read 270440 times)

buckchuckler

• All American
Re: MLB 2017 Season
« Reply #675 on: July 27, 2017, 04:18:31 PM »
You're right, but that's the difference between Harry & Hawk. Hawk isn't playing some character.

Factually incorrect.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #676 on: July 27, 2017, 04:19:04 PM »

Hawk "envy?"

Why the f*ck would I be envious of him?

Um, because he is awesome.   Duh.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #677 on: July 27, 2017, 04:23:28 PM »
Um, because he is awesome.   Duh.

Yeah.  I guess he really is representative of most Sox fans I know. 

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #678 on: July 27, 2017, 04:25:52 PM »
C'mon. Lackey is as big a jerk as there is in baseball and hs been forever. He hit Abreu twice and 3 guys in one inning. That's not by accident. If it is, the Cubs should DFA him.

Which they will do once they complete another deal for a starter.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #679 on: July 27, 2017, 04:48:04 PM »

Yeah.  I guess he really is representative of most Sox fans I know.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #680 on: July 27, 2017, 05:02:55 PM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #681 on: July 27, 2017, 05:09:45 PM »

Admittedly I don't know many.

Well, at least you didn't bring up attendance or the Ligue family, so thanks for that.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #682 on: July 28, 2017, 01:26:13 PM »
Big 9-game stretching coming up for the Cubs - 3 in Milwaukee then home for 3 against each Arizona and Washington. They'll miss both Greinke and Scherzer which obviously works in their favor, but even if they sweep in Milwaukee (which I don't see happening), the Brewers can still be right there by next weekend.

After a 6-game roadie out west, the Cubs then play 24 straight games against the Reds, Jays, Phillies, Braves and Pirates. The Brewers play at Colorado, at LA and vs Washington during that stretch. If the Cubs are going to put some distance between themselves and the Brewers, that's the time to do it.

Should be a fun weekend!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #683 on: July 28, 2017, 11:12:45 PM »
Well, at least you didn't bring up attendance or the Ligue family, so thanks for that.

This may be a little obscure for non White Sox fans, but this fellow traveler salutes your brilliance!

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #684 on: July 29, 2017, 09:17:32 AM »
Now that the north side and south side are done arguing announcers, let's focus on last night's game.  I don't think I remember a game so well played by both teams in recent times. Solid pitching and especially sparkling defense.  Those folks at Miller Park got their money's worth.

I sincerely hope that the Crew can hang with the Cubs to keep this interesting although there's a pretty big differential in pitching, especially until Anderson gets back.  But this Suter guy might have something going, at least for now.  Absolutely love how he speeds the game.  Wish every guy was comfortable that fast.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #685 on: July 29, 2017, 09:19:37 AM »
Knebel can flat out hum it. How's the dude from da Diamondbacks who got clocked in da coconut, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #686 on: July 29, 2017, 09:53:27 AM »
Knebel can flat out hum it. How's the dude from da Diamondbacks who got clocked in da coconut, hey?

In hospital but alert and seemingly okay.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #687 on: July 29, 2017, 09:55:02 AM »
Looked super nasty. Glad it wasn't worse, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #688 on: July 29, 2017, 10:50:55 AM »
Yep. He's lucky he got just low and turned enough to take it on solid bone. I don't even think he has a fracture.  Haven't heard anything about a concussion.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #689 on: July 30, 2017, 05:30:04 PM »
Which they will do once they complete another deal for a starter.

Lol....  ::)

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #690 on: July 30, 2017, 06:02:23 PM »
Going 1-2 against the Cubs isn't the result the Brewers wanted, obviously, but the Brewers played well throughout. It's not reasonable to count on their bats to do what they were doing before the all-star break, but it's not reasonable them to stay this cold, either.

Based on this, the Brewers should hang around, but are not ready for the big time. As most fans have said, the best course of action this year is to stay the course.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #691 on: July 30, 2017, 06:13:30 PM »
Going 1-2 against the Cubs isn't the result the Brewers wanted, obviously, but the Brewers played well throughout. It's not reasonable to count on their bats to do what they were doing before the all-star break, but it's not reasonable them to stay this cold, either.

Based on this, the Brewers should hang around, but are not ready for the big time. As most fans have said, the best course of action this year is to stay the course.

Agreed.  The few moves they've made are fine.  But their pitching (even though the did well this weekend) still separates them from the top teams.  Perhaps they can get hot and stay in it.  But if not, let's let some of the young guys get some seasoning.  Moves like parting ways will Peralta make sense.  Be interesting to see where Wang is now in his development.  All good.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #692 on: July 30, 2017, 09:24:37 PM »
Wow, hot perspectives change around here quick.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #693 on: July 30, 2017, 09:50:07 PM »
Wow, hot perspectives change around here quick.

Not really. I think Brewers fans have been pretty reasonable in their expectations even with the Cubs playing bad and he Brewers playing better than expected this year. Not sure many, if any, Brewers fans wanted to trade future pieces away to go for it this year. I'm still in the camp that if you can get big hauls for guys like Thames (you can't) or anything for Braun (you can't) you do it. Really anybody should be available for the right price. This Brewers team is and always has been 2+ years from really being ready to compete.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #694 on: July 30, 2017, 10:50:09 PM »
The battle in the NL Central is between St. Louis and Chicago. I like where the Brewers are going but they're a couple years away. This week will tell if the Cardinals are for real. They need 2 of 3 from Milwaukee and need to hope the Cubs lose 2 of 3 against Arizona and 2 of 3 against Washington.

The Cardinals have the pitching to stay with Chicago but lack the big bat in the middle of the order. And, they tend to beat themselves this year. They split with Arizona this week and swept Colorado, both of which are likely playoff teams.

So we will see.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #695 on: July 30, 2017, 11:08:05 PM »
Twitter heating up with news that Avila and Wilson from Detroit to Cubs for prospects

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #696 on: July 30, 2017, 11:22:52 PM »
Twitter heating up with news that Avila and Wilson from Detroit to Cubs for prospects

Seems done.  Caldelario and Paredes.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #697 on: July 31, 2017, 12:08:46 AM »
Not really. I think Brewers fans have been pretty reasonable in their expectations even with the Cubs playing bad and he Brewers playing better than expected this year. Not sure many, if any, Brewers fans wanted to trade future pieces away to go for it this year. I'm still in the camp that if you can get big hauls for guys like Thames (you can't) or anything for Braun (you can't) you do it. Really anybody should be available for the right price. This Brewers team is and always has been 2+ years from really being ready to compete.

Yep, and we've said it over and over again in this thread.

I would love to sell, honestly,  but every player seems to fit into 3 buckets
A) untradeable because of contract and or is named Braun
B) Is exceeding expectations but is controllable, and it's uncertain where that regression point is
C) current performance means the player would be sold at a low point.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #698 on: July 31, 2017, 12:12:44 AM »
Seems done.  Caldelario and Paredes.

Candelario had no place to play so I expected him to be moved but I'm disappointed Paredes is going.  Wilson is a stud but seems like a steep price.  Obviously this front office gets the benefit of the doubt. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #699 on: July 31, 2017, 04:35:06 AM »

I agree with this. wades and others have been pretty consistent with their assessment and expectations of this year's team. Heck, I'm not a Brewers fan, and I probably had higher expectations than a number of their fans did - ha!

It's hard to imagine that the Cubs don't run away with this division, and neither the Dodgers nor Nationals will want anything to do with them in the playoffs.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback