collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2017 Season  (Read 270491 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: MLB 2017 Season
« Reply #650 on: July 27, 2017, 01:56:02 PM »
Steve Stone has done broadcasts with both of them...and he really can't stand being with Hawk

He didn't like being with Harry much either. Truth be told, the only guy Stone thinks is smart enough to hang with him is him.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #651 on: July 27, 2017, 02:05:12 PM »
Lackey just sucks and has lost most of his control.

C'mon. Lackey is as big a jerk as there is in baseball and hs been forever. He hit Abreu twice and 3 guys in one inning. That's not by accident. If it is, the Cubs should DFA him.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #652 on: July 27, 2017, 02:18:50 PM »
I particularly liked when he was calling for the Sox to settle it with Lackey in the parking lot.  Pure class.  Cause hitting someone to load the bases in a 2 run game is totally a spiteful move.  Lackey just sucks and has lost most of his control.

Hawk and Brian McCann can go sit on a porch somewhere together and scream at kids for playing baseball in the street the wrong way.

Hawk envy is an ugly trait.  Why exactly is anyone surprised Hawk, among others, wanted some payback for 4 hit batters in 4 innings?  Why is that a shocking development?  You think Kasper would have been like "well that is no big deal" if Rodon had plunked Bryant twice, Rizzo and Happ?  Somehow I think he would have been a little irritated.  And I think a Sox hitter would have gotten hit back.

By the way, another trade by Hahn, another surprisingly good return. 

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 02:25:05 PM by buckchuckler »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #653 on: July 27, 2017, 02:41:42 PM »
Harry was the fun-loving drunk uncle.

Just like Budweiser wanted you to believe.
Harry was a fantastic entertainer, but like every other entertainer, he played a character.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #654 on: July 27, 2017, 02:50:34 PM »
C'mon. Lackey is as big a jerk as there is in baseball and hs been forever. He hit Abreu twice and 3 guys in one inning. That's not by accident. If it is, the Cubs should DFA him.

Hawk envy is an ugly trait.  Why exactly is anyone surprised Hawk, among others, wanted some payback for 4 hit batters in 4 innings?  Why is that a shocking development?  You think Kasper would have been like "well that is no big deal" if Rodon had plunked Bryant twice, Rizzo and Happ?  Somehow I think he would have been a little irritated.  And I think a Sox hitter would have gotten hit back.

Lackey is a total jerk. No one's going to argue that.

1) Ian Happ wore one to lead off the Cubs' 5th so there was retribution.

2) Why would Lackey, who's struggled all season, want to hit back to back hitters to load the bases in a 2-run game?

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #655 on: July 27, 2017, 02:54:54 PM »
Well aware Happ got hit.  Mathematically, that is 25% retribution.   :D

I'd bet he didn't want to hit all of them.  Hitting Moncada seemed unintentional.  Hitting Abreu twice smells fishy, and drilling Davidson after being down 2-0 with a base open, that smells a like tuna left out in the sun for 3 days. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #656 on: July 27, 2017, 02:57:41 PM »

So his ego is so big he's going to load the bases intentionally in a close game with his team in a pennant race?

That's ridiculous.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #657 on: July 27, 2017, 03:00:34 PM »

By the way, another trade by Hahn, another surprisingly good return.

Hawk envy?  You serious, Clark?

Happ got hit. No one complained about that.

To say 3 more guys should be hit to make it even is f'n stupid.

Hawk is awful. When Stone is paired with the other dude they are actually listenable.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #658 on: July 27, 2017, 03:00:55 PM »
So his ego is so big he's going to load the bases intentionally in a close game with his team in a pennant race?

That's ridiculous.

At that point Rodon was already done pitching.  It was a close game and the Sox had already traded pretty much all of their major league bullpen pieces.  If you can't be confident enough to think you will win that game...

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #659 on: July 27, 2017, 03:01:46 PM »
Well aware Happ got hit.  Mathematically, that is 25% retribution.   :D

I'd bet he didn't want to hit all of them.  Hitting Moncada seemed unintentional.  Hitting Abreu twice smells fishy, and drilling Davidson after being down 2-0 with a base open, that smells a like tuna left out in the sun for 3 days.

Again, what's the possible motivation for hitting these guys? You think a guy with an ERA around 5.00 who could potentially lose his rotation spot is intentionally putting runners on base?

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #660 on: July 27, 2017, 03:03:14 PM »
Hawk envy?  You serious, Clark?

Happ got hit. No one complained about that.

To say 3 more guys should be hit to make it even is f'n stupid.

Hawk is awful. When Stone is paired with the other dude they are actually listenable.

Didn't both Maddon and Kasper complain about it?

Smiley face meant joke.  You've got anger issues. 

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #661 on: July 27, 2017, 03:05:31 PM »
Again, what's the possible motivation for hitting these guys? You think a guy with an ERA around 5.00 who could potentially lose his rotation spot is intentionally putting runners on base?

No idea.  You think Lackey accidentally hit 4 dudes in 4 innings?  He averages 10 per 162 (217 IP).  So 4 in 4 seems statistically improbable. 

Cubs hit 4 guys, Hawk got pissed (so did Stone btw...) Sox hit 1 back.  It ended.  Not sure why this is even a discussion. 

Honestly, do you think the Cubs would have handled it differently?  Do you think any of their announcers would have said anything?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 03:07:07 PM by buckchuckler »

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #662 on: July 27, 2017, 03:08:12 PM »
Didn't both Maddon and Kasper complain about it?

Smiley face meant joke.  You've got anger issues.

Where's this "anger" you're referring to?

Apologies for missing the smiley face.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #663 on: July 27, 2017, 03:10:00 PM »
Where's this "anger" you're referring to?

Apologies for missing the smiley face.

Well, you called me "f'in stupid" after what was clearly a joke.  Seems like an angry response. 

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #664 on: July 27, 2017, 03:18:44 PM »
No idea.  You think Lackey accidentally hit 4 dudes in 4 innings?  He averages 10 per 162 (217 IP).  So 4 in 4 seems statistically improbable. 

Cubs hit 4 guys, Hawk got pissed (so did Stone btw...) Sox hit 1 back.  It ended.  Not sure why this is even a discussion. 

Honestly, do you think the Cubs would have handled it differently?  Do you think any of their announcers would have said anything?

Lackey hit 3 of those 4 batters in 1 inning so it seems incredibly reasonable to believe he was having struggles with his command. 

If the situation were reversed, the Cubs may have plunked a batter in the next inning and moved on...or maybe not even that.

The announcers for the Cubs, and for nearly every other team, likely would have commented on the pitcher's lack of control and hoped that the team could take advantage of loading the bases without even putting a ball in play.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #665 on: July 27, 2017, 03:18:56 PM »
At that point Rodon was already done pitching.  It was a close game and the Sox had already traded pretty much all of their major league bullpen pieces.  If you can't be confident enough to think you will win that game...

You can't possibly believe that. And if you do, wow.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #666 on: July 27, 2017, 03:20:20 PM »
Well, you called me "f'in stupid" after what was clearly a joke.  Seems like an angry response.

No, I didn't call *you* f'n stupid.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #667 on: July 27, 2017, 03:23:29 PM »
No, I didn't call *you* f'n stupid.

Ah, right just what you think I thought.  Sorry about that.  After 2 weeks of you just hurling insults at me, I guess it was an easy leap in logic for me that you just instantly resort to insulting people during a discussion. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 03:25:25 PM by buckchuckler »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #668 on: July 27, 2017, 03:23:49 PM »

I have no idea whether Lackey hit those guys intentionally or not. I suspect not, but who knows.
That said, what do you know about John Lackey that persuades you his actions (especially from the pitching mound) are so well-considered and logical? I mean, this is a guy whose career is largely defined by anger issues.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #669 on: July 27, 2017, 03:24:23 PM »
nm

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #670 on: July 27, 2017, 03:27:10 PM »
Ah, right just what you think I thought.  Sorry about that.  After 2 weeks of you just hurling insults at me, I guess it was an easy leap in logic for me that you just instantly resort to insulting people during a discussion.

It's ok - don't be too hard on yourself.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #671 on: July 27, 2017, 03:28:16 PM »
And either way, it still seems angry.  Maybe a little early, but have a cocktail or something to take the edge off. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #672 on: July 27, 2017, 03:33:27 PM »
And either way, it still seems angry.  Maybe a little early, but have a cocktail or something to take the edge off.

Don't be silly. If I were angry I would have used all caps and multiple exclamation points.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #673 on: July 27, 2017, 03:35:34 PM »
Just like Budweiser wanted you to believe.
Harry was a fantastic entertainer, but like every other entertainer, he played a character.

You're right, but that's the difference between Harry & Hawk. Hawk isn't playing some character.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #674 on: July 27, 2017, 03:38:29 PM »

Hawk "envy?"

Why the f*ck would I be envious of him?

feedback