[Today at 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Official Cubs Playoff page  (Read 31306 times)

MUEng92

• All American
Re: The Official Cubs Playoff page
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2008, 12:05:22 PM »
I think he was referring to times overlapping between the Cubs and Brewers games... obviously in Milwaukee the Brewers will get TV preference over the Cubs

No, you have to realize I am one of the 25 people in the United States that doesn't have cable or satellite, so I don't get TBS.  So, I was hoping (assuming) all of the playoff series were on Fox.

Sorry to confuse you.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2008, 07:14:45 PM »
Where she lived is still 312....72nd and Crandon.

No, 72nd is not 312.  Read my wiki link.  The southern most street is 31st.   72nd is 5 miles south of that.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 12:04:11 PM »
This needs to be done.

THE LOS ANGELES DODGERS ARE EVIL AND MUST BE DESTROYED.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 12:33:06 PM »
This needs to be done.

THE LOS ANGELES DODGERS ARE EVIL AND MUST BE DESTROYED.

+1

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 03:00:14 PM »
Manny will be Manny and hit 3 game winning hits to knock the Cubs out after 4 games.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2008, 05:17:33 PM »
This needs to be done.

THE CHICAGO CUBS ARE EVIL AND MUST BE DESTROYED.

fixed :)

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2008, 07:16:23 PM »
Had to figure it was only a matter of time before Dempster got rocked by the Dodgers. He was just awful tonight.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2008, 08:45:31 PM »
So should I act like Marqptm and try to hijack this thread to say something bad about the Cubs like he did to the Brewer thread.  Nope.

Although the Cubs have looked bad in this game, you guys have Big Z pitching game 2, things should look up

Oh by the way Marqptm, before you blast the Brewers, you should wait to see how your Cubs do, because personally the Cubs have looked just flat all night, worse then the Brewers, but both teams didn't look like their A game.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2008, 09:46:41 PM »
talk about beat up the NL central day...ouch!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2008, 11:32:01 PM »
talk about beat up the NL central day...ouch!
Yeah no kidding.  I think both teams get wins tomorrow and split the 1st two.  Here's to hoping the Brewers steal one at home (one of the non-CC starts) and allow us to get to CC for a game 5.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2008, 01:36:01 AM »
Yeah no kidding.  I think both teams get wins tomorrow and split the 1st two.  Here's to hoping the Brewers steal one at home (one of the non-CC starts) and allow us to get to CC for a game 5.

F that. The Crew has been great at home. Sweep the next three. I'm only half-joking.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2008, 01:39:36 AM »

F that. The Crew has been great at home. Sweep the next three. I'm only half-joking.
I think we take tomorrow's game, lose game 3, and win the last 2.  It'll be tough going to Philli for a 5th game, but right now CC is the most dominant pitcher in baseball.  If we don't find our offense then we might get swept.  We'll see.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2008, 11:47:46 AM »
Cubs are in trouble.

The Dodgers have not been a good time for much of the year, but they really put it together the last month or so.  While Manny is obviously a huge part of that, Andre Ethier has been incredible of late and Furcal is capable of being great. IMO, not much of an upset if the Dodgers win the series, especially if Soriano continues to swing at everything.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

🏀

• All American
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2008, 09:43:10 PM »
Two straight NLDS sweeps. Awesome.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2008, 09:45:31 PM »
Two straight NLDS sweeps. Awesome.
Be happy to get there, some teams have to wait 26 years to experience even that (which is all we are going to experience):)

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2008, 12:30:56 AM »
Looks like the NL Central, even with the team with the best record in the NL, and the Wild Card, was a farce. Here's hoping our respective football teams (with the Packers ahead of the Bears, of course) can hold us over until basketball season starts.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2008, 08:16:24 AM »
well, remember now, its baseball.

anything can happen in a 5 game series and I would certainly argue that a 182 game season is more idicative of a teams ability than a single DS series.

JSwarriors08

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2008, 09:35:23 AM »
well, remember now, its baseball.

anything can happen in a 5 game series and I would certainly argue that a 182 game season is more idicative of a teams ability than a single DS series.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2008, 11:32:56 AM »
Be happy to get there, some teams have to wait 26 years to experience even that (which is all we are going to experience):)

Happy to get there?  HAPPY TO GET THERE?  I was happy to get there in 1984 when I was a freshman in high school and I thought that it was the best thing ever that they made the playoffs.  Until they found a way to blow a 2-0 lead (even though they had crushed the Padres in the 2 games in Chicago) in a best of 5 series.  I was a little less happy to get there in 1989 when I had to listen to that @!#$&^ Will Clark hit home runs while sitting in the back of Calc III at MU.

After the "you know who" game in 2003 I actually had to go for a walk at 10:00 at night in my unlit subdivision because I thought my head would explode if I stayed home on my couch.

Sorry I am anything but Happy To Get There this year.  This is BS.  This is personal!  If anyone knows of a support group to stop being a sportsfan, please let me know.  I can't take this anymore.  I think I actually made up new swear words (at least new combinations of swear words) last night.  It has been 33 years for me and they just keep ripping my heart out.

HELP ME!  Maybe I should just be a Pirates fan.  At least they are consistant!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 11:34:43 AM by MUEng92 »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2008, 11:44:09 AM »
Root for the Lions.   Their pathetic play is eternal, without the maddening flashes of hope.      Turn out the lights, put up the stools, towel off the bar,  cubbies, it is closing time
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2008, 12:02:14 PM »
...without the maddening flashes of hope. 

That is music to my ears.  I think that my be my new slogan!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2008, 12:24:01 AM »
Well we can officially end this topic...HAHAHA.  Was it PTM who used to have his signature as the Cubs fan sweeping?  Could you please find me a similar one just with a Dodgers fan instead of a Cubs one?  Ironic that you had that.  Gosh, the Brewers are playing later in the year than the Cubs are...WEIRD!

Anyway, I hear there is a party for all Cardinals, White Sox, and Brewers fans at Marquette next weekend officially celebrating a century.  You have to come dressed up as something important that has happened since the Cubs have won a World Series (so dress up as the Titanic or something).  Not sure where, but that's what's happening.  "Next year's our year!"

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/858119/choke_cubs_choke_go_cubs_go_parody/

Officially 100 years and counting:

Tommy Brice for Coach

• Team Captain
  • Tommy Brice is my hero
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2008, 12:44:10 AM »
Happy to get there?  HAPPY TO GET THERE?  I was happy to get there in 1984 when I was a freshman in high school and I thought that it was the best thing ever that they made the playoffs.  Until they found a way to blow a 2-0 lead (even though they had crushed the Padres in the 2 games in Chicago) in a best of 5 series.  I was a little less happy to get there in 1989 when I had to listen to that @!#$&^ Will Clark hit home runs while sitting in the back of Calc III at MU.

After the "you know who" game in 2003 I actually had to go for a walk at 10:00 at night in my unlit subdivision because I thought my head would explode if I stayed home on my couch.

Sorry I am anything but Happy To Get There this year.  This is BS.  This is personal!  If anyone knows of a support group to stop being a sportsfan, please let me know.  I can't take this anymore.  I think I actually made up new swear words (at least new combinations of swear words) last night.  It has been 33 years for me and they just keep ripping my heart out.

HELP ME!  Maybe I should just be a Pirates fan.  At least they are consistant!

All you guys had to do is let a freaking goat into the ballpark all those years ago and you wouldn't be in this mess...  :D

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2008, 01:23:28 AM »
Brewers fans are really being dicks today. You have won ONE playoff game in 26 years. Congratulations. I know at least 15 Cubs fans who were at the game rooting for the Brewers today, myself included. Yet I get to the bar afterward and I get ripped on mercilessly by jackass Bewers fans for cheering on my team. It was very frustraing, I would think after 26 years of losing you would at least show a little class and not rip on people when they are already pissed about losing and dropping a deuce in the playoffs. Yes the Cubs sucked, most Cubs fans will acknowldge that. Let them fester in their own frustration rather than rubbing it in.

<Rant Off>

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2008, 01:46:38 AM »
Who knew that it was even possible to be an embarrassment to the uniform of a team that hasn't won a championship in 100+ years?

These guys found a way to do it!

Screw it, I am done with them and baseball!

(If only I could follow through with it)