[Today at 08:37:46 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:46:15 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Holy Assistant's Salary Batman!  (Read 7425 times)

MU Chi_IL

• Team Captain
  • Marquette is Solid Gold!
Holy Assistant's Salary Batman!
« on: October 15, 2008, 12:10:45 PM »
Bob McClellan
Rivals.com College Basketball Editor

Michael Beasley made Kansas State basketball relevant for the first time in more than a decade last season, and his presence put a few extra dollars in the pocket of the man responsible for luring him to Manhattan, Kan.

That would be Wildcats assistant Dalonte Hill, Beasley's former AAU coach in the Washington, D.C., area. Hill, entering his sixth season as a college assistant, will make more money for the 2008-09 season than the entire three-man staffs at Ohio State, Washington State and Wisconsin and only $5,000 less than the staff at Texas, a survey done by Rivals.com shows.

$400,000 in 2007-08, and it will pay him $420,000 a year – $150,000 in base salary and $270,000 in "additional compensation," defined as "television, radio, internet, promotional and other services" – for the next four years. He is entering his third year at K-State.

Because private universities are not required to release salary information, it's unknown whether Hill is the highest-paid assistant in college basketball. But based on Freedom of Information requests, Hill is far and away the highest-paid assistant among public universities that finished in the top 15 in the 2008 coaches' postseason poll...
http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1146&CID=862660

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Holy Assistant's Salary Batman!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 12:42:13 PM »
Chump change compared to what head coaches get paid.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 12:51:51 PM »
Chump change compared to what head coaches 4never gets paid to dance at the Sugar Shack.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 01:08:14 PM »
Talent always get rewarded especially if you can put people in the seats. ;D

Did EA really do Al Davis?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 01:10:50 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 02:12:53 PM »

After some Googling... I doubt it. I didn't find one site with even the rumor.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 06:17:25 PM »
Talent always get rewarded especially if you can put people in the seats. ;D

despite rumors, 1) EA did not do al davis & 2) ZFB doesn't look like al davis.

Pardner

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 09:04:24 PM »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 09:50:14 PM »
Al Davis no, Rachel Nichols yes.

http://www.serioussportsnewsnetwork.com/2007/09/rachel-nichols-erin-andrews-feud-escalating-out-of-control.html

that story is totally not true.  Erin hates carpet, and will have no part of it.   8-)

Pardner

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 10:35:15 PM »
that story is totally not true.  Erin hates carpet, and will have no part of it.   8-)

A little defensive, aren't we?  Speaking of defensive...

http://sportscucumber.com/2008/08/06/espn-reporter-erin-andrews-dating-the-defensive-line-of-the-tampa-bay-bucaneers/

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 09:11:20 AM »

You're absolutey correct. I'd be shocked if either one didn't travel to Brazil often. I could see a fight over who had the better plastic surgeon however.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 06:55:42 PM »
A little defensive, aren't we?  Speaking of defensive...

http://sportscucumber.com/2008/08/06/espn-reporter-erin-andrews-dating-the-defensive-line-of-the-tampa-bay-bucaneers/

“Erin is an extremely talented and capable professional” said Barry Jewstein, Vivid Video’s Vice President of Human Resources. “She has the drive and desire to be with 1800 pounds of yoke pulling muscle at the same time”.

That is funny

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 09:03:00 PM »
Just stumbled upon this link:

http://www.thecubsbrickyard.com/2008/09/02/mlb-uses-instant-replay-to-repeatedly-oggle-erin-andrews/

Here's the story.. I even included the pics for ZFB and 4ever.. I know that, despite their claims, this is as close as they really get to her so I took pity ;)

MLB Uses Instant Replay to Repeatedly Oggle Erin Andrews

September 2, 2008

(Bristol, CT) - Last week, Major League Baseball instituted a limited version of instant replay. Home runs, fair or foul, and fan interference questions can now be reviewed using video replay. So far, Major League Baseball officials say, the program has been a rousing success.

Or an arousing success, depending on whom you ask.

The use of instant replay has been sporadic in its first week, but a review of its usage revealed an abnormally high percentage in games covered by ESPN. And more specifically, games where the “sideline” reporter is ESPN’s Erin Andrews.

It seems that review has not always been used to check out plays in the game, but instead is being used to repeatedly watch Erin Andrews as she gracefully strolls through the ballpark like some kind of iridescent gazelle with a healthy bosom.

“I knew something strange was going on when three of the umpires on my crew asked to review a ground ball to short to determine whether it left the ballpark,” an unnamed National League umpire said. “I thought it was perfectly clear that the ground ball had left the ballpark.”

The umpire said he caught his crew in the review booth watching Erin Andrews on a loop, and that since then, he’s caught them no fewer than six times - three of which were “particularly uncomfortable.”

Major League Baseball, at least formally, does not approve of the practice.

“We condemn the actions of those MLB umpires who are abusing instant replay to look at women in the ballpark,” MLB commissioner Bud Selig said Tuesday. “It is completely inappropriate to use the technology to stare at Erin Andrews’ body. Be it Erin Andrews’ beautiful face, her tight but bubbly ass, or Erin Andrews’ breasts. Amazing breasts. I’m sorry, excuse me. I need to go review a play or two.”

Some fear that the problem is growing, and is not limited to games involving Erin Andrews.

“I’ve seen officials reviewing plays all over the country so that they can stare at beautiful, scantily clad female fans,” an anonymous MLB source said. “From Anaheim to Tampa Bay, they’re doing it all over. Pretty much the only place it isn’t a concern is on the South Side of Chicago. Umpires have expressly refused to use instant replay there for fear of catching an unnecessary glimpse of an average White Sox fan.”

For our part here at the Brickyard, we think it is completely inappropriate and laughably immature when people use technological advancements as a platform to objectify women like this:

We would also never use a flimsy pretense to write an article just as an excuse to look at tons and tons of pictures of Erin Andrews. That would be wrong. Mmm. Wrong.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

LON

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 05:32:37 PM »
I am so completely over the fascination with this broad.  She adds absolutely nothing to the broadcasts.

/totally not gay

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 07:03:06 PM »
Word out here is Andrew's has been around the block a few (hundred) times and is currently dating Kevin Von Erich.   Two words: Pink Sock. 

LON

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 07:37:11 PM »
Word out here is Andrew's has been around the block a few (hundred) times and is currently dating Kevin Von Erich.   Two words: Pink Sock. 

It's like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 07:44:36 PM »

Personal favorite of mine, goes well with a dart throwing motion.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 08:16:22 PM »

While I got the saying immediately and got a laugh out of it, i hadn't heard it before so I did a google search on it just for the heck of it..
This is the page that showed up first for me:
http://mitchieville.blogspot.com/2006/01/its-like-throwing-hotdog-down-hallway.html
15 kids by the age of 36.. Me gads..  In Milwaukee too.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

feedback