collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: manny ramirez retires  (Read 3843 times)

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
manny ramirez retires
« on: April 08, 2011, 08:28:10 PM »
rather than pissing in a cup and taking his "medicine"(100 game suspension)he walks away a very rich and poor man.  just manny being manny.  never was an idol of mine

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9MFQGM02&show_article=1

willie warrior

• All American
Re: manny ramirez retires
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 07:33:01 AM »
Now he devote himself to full time use of recreational drugs, and generally goofing off.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 10:49:25 AM »
Manny's first roid bust was huge for me in that he was my "If he's doing it, who isnt?"  Mainly it was because I just never thought Manny cared enough to do steroids.  Just a sad spiral. 

Bill Simmons wrote an article about two years now that I'm too lazy to find that essentially went through that first Red Sox world series team, and looked at all the guys that were likely on the sauce. Looking back on the lineup, its unbelievable. At least half that lineup was cheating.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 06:43:52 PM »
At least half the MLB was cheating.

Fixed. I'm no Red Sox fan, but you can't frame it like they were the only ones.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 10:51:25 PM »
I saw his last start on Tuesday in Tampa with my son against our Halos.  He went 0-4, struck out 3 times and popped up.  It was great.

I'm still pissed at what the Red Sox did to the Halos in the playoffs with that juicer over the years.  Grr

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 10:56:47 AM »
Fixed. I'm no Red Sox fan, but you can't frame it like they were the only ones.

oh, certainly wasnt trying to. but you just look at that lineup and even once you get past Ortiz and Manny, so many of their role players obviously were on the sauce that I at least think its a very emblamatic lineup of the times.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090507&sportCat=mlb

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 12:34:22 PM »
I saw his last start on Tuesday in Tampa with my son against our Halos.  He went 0-4, struck out 3 times and popped up.  It was great.

I'm still pissed at what the Red Sox did to the Halos in the playoffs with that juicer over the years.  Grr

And then lost the moral high ground when they signed Gary Matthews.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 09:46:06 AM »

Try being a Cubs fan during the Manny rampage of 2008, probably the height of his juicing.  I saw him dig a ball out of the dirt, during game 2, and put it literally 450 out in straight away center.  It was absolutely insane.  He was either the best hitter ever, or he was juicing.  We found out which one it was.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 12:03:34 PM »
I think you'd be hard pressed to find a team without it's share of juicers.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 12:06:01 PM »
TUUUUUUUUURNBOW

reinko

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 12:36:07 PM »
Yikes!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 02:11:08 PM »

And then lost the moral high ground when they signed Gary Matthews.

They signed him BEFORE that revelation came out....so how does one lose the high ground from a timing perspective?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 02:17:27 PM »
I think you'd be hard pressed to find a team without it's share of juicers.

No question, every team has them.  I don't think anyone would ever deny this.  Certain teams have had major contributors use them and other teams have had bit players, but no question all have had them.  The next question is when did the clubs know and did they look the other way.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 10:27:02 AM »
they had to know.  despite the all the obvious changes.  we had this dude in my dental school class-won't say when, but he was yer jersey shore-type, italian(nothing against them-my wife and that whole side is one big familia) pumping iron, always checking himself out eevery time he passed a mirror or reflection in a window.  well this guy literally comes to school one day and heads were turning and he's tearing out of his shirt-no it wasn't smaller.  well this was back in the 80's and everyone just went "juice" yup juice and moved on like whatever :o
   as a pro team however, i'll bet they knew and definitely looked the other way as long as the ball was flying off his bat like it was shot out of a first timers procto exam.  they were probably busy stocking anti-zit creme in the locker rooms ;D

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 12:17:38 PM »
they had to know.  despite the all the obvious changes.  we had this dude in my dental school class-won't say when, but he was yer jersey shore-type, italian(nothing against them-my wife and that whole side is one big familia) pumping iron, always checking himself out eevery time he passed a mirror or reflection in a window.  well this guy literally comes to school one day and heads were turning and he's tearing out of his shirt-no it wasn't smaller.  well this was back in the 80's and everyone just went "juice" yup juice and moved on like whatever :o
   as a pro team however, i'll bet they knew and definitely looked the other way as long as the ball was flying off his bat like it was shot out of a first timers procto exam.  they were probably busy stocking anti-zit creme in the locker rooms ;D

Nope, they didn't know.  Still have a number of friends in the front office at that time from when I worked there.  They didn't know.  Arte Moreno was unbelievably pissed off.  Bill Stoneman, one of the nicest men I have ever known in pro sports (the GM at the time) was crestfallen. 

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-9074725/ANGELS-NOTEBOOK-MATTHEWS-TESTS-CLUB.html