[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: is this how high school graduation ceremonies go now??  (Read 9729 times)

ATWizJr

• All American
Re: is this how high school graduation ceremonies go now??
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010, 05:36:39 PM »
At any point in human history you can find instances of that attitude keeping things from being fixed. 
It hasn't been done because entrenched systems are not prone to upheaval. 
  Kinda' making point, aren't you?

miamiflashfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2010, 08:44:23 PM »
North side of Milwaukee, not sure if it's classed as Brown Deer or not because I just moved in less than a month ago. But most likely I'll be in Milwaukee for at least the next 22 years, and MPS doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. And expected work commitments will prevent me from moving outside the city limits, so as nice as some of the public school systems might be, it may not be an option.

I grew up in Brown Deer and moved out after third grade because my parents thought the schools were going downhill, and Brown Deer obviously isn't even MPS.  Even in third grade, I felt that I wasn't getting a good education because the teachers couldn't keep the kids who didn't want to learn under control.  Now I go to Mukwonago High School and receive a great education in my opinion.  All I have to say is do your research (which I'm sure you will), because even some of the non-MPS school districts in the Milwaukee area are becoming "infected" by the inner-city and are heading in the wrong direction.

New Era Warriors

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 11:48:43 PM »
wow.... I'm not going to say anything else because I don't want to sound like a racist, but I could really say a lot...what a disgrace.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 08:27:27 AM »
wow.... I'm not going to say anything else because I don't want to sound like a racist, but I could really say a lot...what a disgrace.

translation: I am a racist

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 08:39:27 AM »
translation: I am a racist
  HAH!

Off the subject, but anyone see the news last night .. Eagle was hit by a tornado, and they were interviewing the Village President.  He had on a shirt with huge red lettering:  REDNECK DAD.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2010, 11:35:54 PM »
not only saw it, but LMAO!!! I have dealt w/ him on some property issues in the recent past.  He seems to be very much 'by the book' in spite of his laid back appearance.  Have to believe I would have thrown on a different shirt, but pretty funny.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2010, 01:56:49 PM »
actually, in 'Freakonomics'  the success of the Chicago school system experiment is debunked.  The teachers actually gave the answers to the students as it was easier than teaching them..., and they kept their jobs.  Consequences are part of the answer, yes, but better watchdogs are too.

You have no clue what I'm talking about.  Those were isolated teachers who were caught years ago.  
None of whom were from the specific school (Providence St. Mel) I'm talking about.   It is located in a terrible neighborhood, filled with low income (black) students and sends 100% to college every year.  With over 50% of them going to major universities and the school as a whole testing in the 80th percentile.   I'd love to see someone debunk their results.

Freakenomics is good but you should step it up to Gladwell.  Tipping point, outliers, etc

feedback