'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

NM by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:03:20 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MU82
[Today at 12:03:03 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I was wrong  (Read 10847 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: I was wrong
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2024, 01:38:32 PM »
Great comeback by Warriors. It was a scary one. The you dont know ball comment by Tower was dumb. Stevie is appreciated but he let Jenkins torch him all game. Smart move by Shaka putting Gold on Jenkins on last shot. His length probably made him miss.

You don’t know ball
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2024, 01:40:26 PM »
I would have rather seen Ben out there than Joplin for a lot of the game.   Zaide had some nice run.   To have him take Ben's minutes means you want to play 4 or 5 guard sets on the road in the Big East.   That logic simply doesn't track. 

Ben was moving his feet well today on defense.  Teams are doing to him what the Big 10 did to Joey.  Drawing the switch o to a guard and then driving at him.  Ben is handling it better than Joey did for two years.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2024, 01:41:13 PM »
Beating an unranked team by a single point is a "great" win?
They are ranked 26

nyg

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2024, 01:41:57 PM »
Wow ... you'd have really blown a gasket had we lost. Winning this one probably saved you an expensive ER trip.

We were favored by 1 and won by 1 on the road against a team that has caused many others trouble.

I wish it would have been a little easier at the end, but it wasn't ... and our guys still came through.

Enjoy the victory. Enjoy every victory.

We Are Marquette!

Yeah, I don't blow gaskets, ER visit, really? I stated nice win.

Brought up four items: free throw misses, Gold, milking clock and why Norman didn't play.  Just facts that actually happened, one of which I asked why a player sat on the bench. That's not an over emotional, blowing gasket post.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2024, 01:46:57 PM »

Brought up four items: free throw misses, Gold, milking clock and why Norman didn't play.  Just facts that actually happened, one of which I asked why a player sat on the bench. That's not an over emotional, blowing gasket post.

As for Norman, my guess is Shaka just didn't think he was ready to play today.  2 quick fouls in the 1st half and Zaide played well. 

Need Chase back for 20-25 minutes a game to give guys more rest. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2024, 01:48:29 PM »
Biggest mystery to me is why we went away from TK Oso pick and roll down the stretch. They had no answer for it

They had an answer. They sagged a defender into the lane.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2024, 01:50:54 PM »

Well, maybe I overreacted to your reaction.

While wishing we won easily, I'm mostly feeling relieved and pretty happy about pulling out a tough road win. But I'm a hopeless optimist.

Have a good one. We Are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Viper

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2024, 01:51:02 PM »
Meh.  Get Chase healthy, start hitting 3's and this is still the team that whupped Kansas and took Purdue to the wire.
start hitting 3’s? That’s not happening. This team is a bad shooting team. Is what it is.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2024, 01:51:17 PM »
Dodds argued with me that Stevie was at his best only playing 25 minutes a game.  He may have been right.  Zaide played 16.  Tre, 2.  TKo 39 and Stevie 36.   Yeah, fatigue may have been a factor down the stretch.  Hurry back, Chase.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2024, 01:52:22 PM »
start hitting 3’s? That’s not happening. This team is a bad shooting team. Is what it is.

Plenty of season left for a regression to mean.  More halves like the second, less halves like the first.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2024, 01:52:34 PM »
Switched from beer to whisk(e)y at half - made all the difference.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

Viper

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2024, 01:53:51 PM »
Zaide deserved more minutes - he played really well.
yes. Shaka’s sub patterns are odd. It’s as if he has no feel for the flow of the game. Zaide on a roll…take him out? What?? The team has regressed some both in season and from last season, but so has Shaka in some ways. Substitution patterns being what really jumps out at me of late.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2024, 01:54:19 PM »

We won this game because our good 3-point shooters went 6-for-9 on 3s in the second half.

So yes, we started hitting 3s. It happened. This team has some good shooters. Even good shooters slump sometimes. That's what is.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2024, 01:54:59 PM »
I’ll take this win seven days a week. There are a lot of negative folks on scoop and time will tell if they know ball or not. Lot is basketball yet to be played before March but I think this is a win that will age well.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2024, 01:55:16 PM »
yes. Shaka’s sub patterns are odd. It’s as if he has no feel for the flow of the game. Zaide on a roll…take him out? What?? The team has regressed some both in season and from last season, but so has Shaka in some ways. Substitution patterns being what really jumps out at me of late.

Also gonna need more minutes from Tre - he's a freshman - he's gonna do bone-headed stuff - but we're going to need him.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2024, 01:55:51 PM »
1.  MU could win shooting bad from 3.
2.  Can't have shooters passing up open 3s in order to watch Kam go one on one.   MU was doing that at the end of the first half. Shaka must have said something similar at halftime.  Glad the team listened.
3.  Gold is finally getting over his shin splints.   That sequence with the scramble under the basket culminating with Joplin running away from the man with the ball and Gold picking up the foul was great hustle and bad luck for Ben.  He is moving better.
4.  Is there anybody left who doesn't appreciate Stevie?  Shame on you.  You don't know ball.
5.  No made free throws or 3s in the first half.   Stat guys are going to love that.
6.  I am glad the team is more resilient than the posters in the game chat.
7.  I am glad that elonsmusk was closer to right than BChoopster was about Zaide.
8.  Eventually, scoop is going to realize that this year's team plays really good defense.  Clean up the defensive rebounding a little more.  Because it will cost you games.   
9. Free throws matta when you miss them down the stretch on the road.   
10.  In a vacuum, MU won a nail biter on the road.   All that matters.
toss a prop at Gold if you must, but he’s not good. Slow. Poor shooter. Poor defender. Zaide should take his minutes. It’s not even up for discussion at this point, imo.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2024, 01:56:34 PM »
I mean, I realize St. John’s isn’t Penn State but still…
awesome!!!

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2024, 01:56:56 PM »
Also gonna need more minutes from Tre - he's a freshman - he's gonna do bone-headed stuff - but we're going to need him.

The opportunity is there for him but he’s taking himself out of the game by fouling. He will get there.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2024, 01:57:38 PM »
I’ll take this win seven days a week. There are a lot of negative folks on scoop and time will tell if they know ball or not. Lot is basketball yet to be played before March but I think this is a win that will age well.

Right? This fanbase...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2024, 01:58:08 PM »
I'd like to see what Ben can become as an upper-classmen but he has been disappointing, especially recently. 

I wouldn't necessarily lock him in as the starting center next season, though. 

Viper

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2024, 01:58:51 PM »
You don’t know ball
and you don’t know NBA talent

MU82

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2024, 01:59:24 PM »

There are plenty of areas of needed improvement, obviously, but it's wild how people just refuse to let themselves enjoy a tough road victory.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2024, 02:00:13 PM »

You also thought UCLA was going to age well and didn’t want to face them again in March.

I, too, do not want to face them in March. Because if we do it means we had to pay for whatever tournament we would be playing them in.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2024, 02:00:38 PM »
We won this game because our good 3-point shooters went 6-for-9 on 3s in the second half.

So yes, we started hitting 3s. It happened. This team has some good shooters. Even good shooters slump sometimes. That's what is.
good shooters? Slump? lay off the bong, agreed?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 02:02:23 PM by Viper »

1SE

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2024, 02:00:52 PM »
There are plenty of areas of needed improvement, obviously, but it's wild how people just refuse to let themselves enjoy a tough road victory.

Yep - this conference is a lot tougher 1-9 than people thought. Any road win outside GT and DP is a great win - however it comes. Still doesn't mean we can't criticize the losses - but I'll take the wins however we can get them.

feedback