'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Parrish likes MU tomorrow...  (Read 1148 times)

IAmMarquette

• All American
Parrish likes MU tomorrow...
« on: December 07, 2007, 02:26:21 PM »
A crazy prediction (but it might happen anyway): Bo Ryan is 97-5 at home since taking over the Wisconsin program before the 2001-2002 season. That's remarkable, particularly for a coach in the Big Ten, and so picking the Badgers to lose at the Kohl Center to anybody (even a nationally ranked opponent like Marquette) is a bit insane. Still, I'm doing it, and I don't care that 70 of the Badgers' past 85 home wins have come by double digits or that they haven't lost at home in a long time (January 2006). Way I figure, it has also been a long time since they played a marquee opponent at home without Alando Tucker. So the guess here is that the 114th meeting between these two rivals will go to Tom Crean's Golden Eagles.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10518120

The Man in Gold

• All American
Re: Parrish likes MU tomorrow...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 03:27:15 PM »
Parrish hasn't been real high on UW this season.  (Fine with me)

I'd feel stupid if I was one of those idiots whining about the Big Ten's lack of respect now.

You mean those idiots like Rich?

It is such a disappointment that a complete moron like you has such a great job -- one that enables you to spout your HORRIBLY ill-informed opinions to millions. Referring to the Big Ten as basically no good outside of the top three is ridiculous. You tell me how the Badgers aren't a Sweet 16 contender, jackass? One of the best frontcourts in the country, coupled with a young but extremely talented backcourt that will flourish in Bo Ryan's system, which works beautifully with great jump shooters. Honestly, do some f-cking homework, jackoff. And, really, nice head. I've never wanted to punch someone more.

I did some f-cking homework, during which I learned that expecting a team that couldn't go to the Sweet 16 WITH Alando Tucker and Kammron Taylor to go to the Sweet 16 WITHOUT Alando Tucker and Kammron Taylor isn't too smart. And as for your frontcourt, sorry, but it's not one of the best in the country. The frontcourt at North Carolina State is better. So is the one at North Carolina. And Stanford. And Georgetown. And UCLA. And Texas A&M. And Louisville. And California. And Gonzaga. And Connecticut. And ... do I need to keep going? So as much as I think Bo Ryan is fabulous, on paper he does not have a Sweet 16 team. That's just the truth. But I do agree with you on one point, that referring to the Big Ten as "basically no good" outside of the top three is indeed ridiculous. After Michigan State and Ohio State lost to Division II schools, it might be "basically no good" outside of the top one. But we'll see.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10460621

Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 03:31:10 PM »
ManInGold--Is that a Sobelman in your avatar?

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 03:37:06 PM »
looks like it...and i love the response from Parrish!